EOS Solutions Harrasment

scotay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

For the past year i have been having an ongoing battle with EOS solutions over a debt for £14 they say i owe PayPal.

So far its been letters to my home address and cards saying a Mr Smith, or such like, will be calling between 9am - 9pm.

I have fired off the usual debt prove it documents and to this date they have sent me nothing but a letter saying the debt was for a football shirt, no proof that it was my ebay, paypal account.

Yesterday things took a far more serious direction in my view. This EOS must have googled my name and have found where i work and have contacted my company leaving messeges on my voicemail to contact them over a financial matter.

To say im furious is to say the least. I have a management position and this lot announcing to reception that they are, EOS solutions, everybody knows who and what they are, is no more than harrasment in my eyes.

What can i relisticly do to stop this. I dont see why i should be blackmailed to pay sombody else debt even if it is only £14.

Firstly do not speak to them on the phone & refuse to answer security questions if they ring you.

They need to provide proof that you owe this debt.

If they dont quit with the phone harrassment then report them to the OFT, trading standards and your local police (not 999)

Mr Smith/Green/Brown/White & whatever other silly name the industry makes up, does not exist except in their over active imaginations, designed to frighten people into paying up.

If anyone ever shows up again, then just politely tell them to leave and call police (999) if they refuse.

This lot thought they were going to harass my wife a while back over an Avon 'debt' that didnt exist. I sent them a letter which said in big read letters kindly provide definitive legal proof of a debt or take me to court or stop harassing me. Then went on to say that I fully dispute this debt, until you prove my liability it is illegal under CPUTR 2008 and contrary to OFT debt collection guidelines to continue debt collection activities. If you contact me again in any form without enclosing definitive legal proof of a matter to discuss then I WILL refer the matter to trading standards and the OFT.

Take note that if you contact me twice more without said proof then I will commence legal proceedings for, but not limited to, harassment.

I trust my position is clear.

- think I e-mailed it to them and I never heard from them again. But I was prepared to go the whole hog if I had to:p.

hope that helps

Firstly do not speak to them on the phone & refuse to answer security questions if they ring you.

They need to provide proof that you owe this debt.

If they dont quit with the phone harrassment then report them to the OFT, trading standards and your local police (not 999)

Mr Smith/Green/Brown/White & whatever other silly name the industry makes up, does not exist except in their over active imaginations, designed to frighten people into paying up.

If anyone ever showed up (highly unlikely) then just politely tell them to leave and call police (999) if they refuse.

Thanks Mr ton,

I have writen a letter bassed on the harrasment by telephone document on this site telling them to desist and contact me in writing only.

For the cost of this debt, £14, it must have cost them more in postage and time in the year they have been bothering me with it.

But calling my work to me shows just how low they will go to harras me into paying this debt, a debt i honestly know nothing about.

I have been following all the guidance on this site to get NCO Europe off my back for an alleged Paypal debt. They ignored requests for info on the debt, a Subject Access Request etc but persisted with their calls & letters. I complained to OFCOM about 6 months ago and I thought it had all gone quiet. Until today, a letter from EOS now so I presume some link between NCO and EOS.

Maybe Mr Smith has changed jobs? :lol:

Some info from Companies House but no sign of same directors without ordering fuller reports:

EOS SOLUTIONS LIMITED - Warrington

Date of Incorporation: 28/11/1985

01/02/2001 GOODTOTAL LIMITED

06/07/2001 Moved from Newcastle to Warrington

11/11/2005 EOS SOLUTIONS LIMITED

28/11/2008 DATOR LIMITED

07/07/2009 Dissolved

Directors:

ANDREAS WITZIG

ROLF STEENBOCK

STUART RICHARD KNOCK

EOS SOLUTIONS UK PLC - Warrington

Date of Incorporation: 08/09/1972

Name changes:

31/08/1990 PRECROFT LIMITED

22/09/2006 LOGIC GROUP PLC

Directors:

STUART KNOCK

GERARD STEPHEN SHIELS

ANDREAS WITZIG

ROLF STEENBOCK

NCO EUROPE LTD - Preston

Date of Incorporation: 06/11/1995

Name changes:

15/11/1995 EXPERIENCE LIMITED

02/07/1996 UNITED CREDITORS' ALLIANCE EUROPE LIMITED

28/02/2000 UNITED CREDITORS' ALLIANCE INTERNATIONAL LIMITED

03/01/2006 RISK MANAGEMENT ALTERNATIVES INTERNATIONAL LIMITED

Directors:

THOMAS DAVID ELLIS

Edited by broxie
Edited names

Just downloaded the accounts. Poor EOS isn't doing well under Stuart Knock's leadership. In 2008 they lost £690k on a T/O of £5.345m but this year (2009) T/O fell by 30% to £3.785m but losses rose a staggering 415% to £2.864m on that sum.

They propped themselves up with £2.2m share capital in February, but with their property liabilities I don't think they are going to be around much longer :lol:

stuart_knock.jpg

Stuart Knock

Edited by broxie

Just downloaded the accounts. Poor EOS isn't doing well under Stuart Knock's leadership. In 2008 they lost £690k on a T/O of £5.345m but this year (2009) T/O fell by 30% to £3.785m but losses rose a staggering 415% to £2.864m on that sum.

They propped themselves up with £2.2m share capital in February, but with their property liabilities I don't think they are going to be around much longer :lol:

What a shame.

No wonder the pondlife who dwell there are so keen to chase me for over a year for this £14.

Wow, fast response from EOS. I sent them the account passed on whilst in dispute letter and got a reply today saying

writing in response to letter .. EOS Solutions UK PLC act on behalf of our client Paypal Private Ltd Inc and given that there is an ongoing dispute, we have passed this account back to them and sent all correspondance to PayPal Private Ltd. Please direct all future correspondance to PayPal Private Ltd.

Have just sent EOS the letter after DCA has closed it's files letter in response.

Now, what to do with NCO Europe who obviously passed this to EOS. And what of PayPal who must have sold the debt to NCO ages ago? Shall I go on the attack or wait for next incoming :) ?

I got the usual response from EOS when sombody stands up to them.

EOS Solutions UK PLC act on behalf of our client Paypal Private Ltd Inc and given that there is an ongoing dispute, we have passed this account back to them and sent all correspondance to PayPal Private Ltd. Please direct all future correspondance to PayPal Private Ltd.

Should i follow this up with anything else as no doubt this debt will resurface again under another pond dwelling DC company?

I got the usual response from EOS when sombody stands up to them.

Should i follow this up with anything else as no doubt this debt will resurface again under another pond dwelling DC company?

An i forgot to mention the letter they sent me didnt even have a stamp on it....

Came through my door with a sticker on it from Royal Mail saying 90 odd pence was due for postage.......

EOS must be hard up..........

An i forgot to mention the letter they sent me didnt even have a stamp on it....

Came through my door with a sticker on it from Royal Mail saying 90 odd pence was due for postage.......

EOS must be hard up..........

So technically you didnt get the letter then! Bet its scotcall or robinsonway that try next - just send them the same reply - I use e-mail or fax it's quicker and cheaper!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like this mob are at it again.

Just recieved a phone call at my work office phone from sombody first of all claiming to be the PayPay Resolution Team wanting me to confirm my address. When i did this he asked me to confirm an address i lived at 5 years ago which was strange. When i asked his name and who he was he then changed tact and said he was a company who worked for PayPay. I told him i would not confirm no address and asked exactly who he was working for, he then said thanks and hung up on me.

Now i dont know if this was still EOS playing about but i am getting sick and tired of these games all for the princely sum of £14! Letters to my home are one thing, that is now 2 calls to my place of work, this one now claiming to be PayPal when obviously he isnt.

Im in the processs of getting the IT department to try to get the number who called from the logging system to see exactly who it was.

Edited by scotay
Because i canny spell.

I doubt if it's Eos. The "debt" could well have been passed out to another bottom feeding DCA- quite why Paypal are bothering for £14 I don't know.

I think you need to go to the source of the problem here and SARN Paypal to get some idea of what all this relates to. Are you absolutely certain that this debt is invalid?

One final point- I think you should check your credit file to make sure that nothing nasty has been placed there.

I doubt if it's Eos. The "debt" could well have been passed out to another bottom feeding DCA- quite why Paypal are bothering for £14 I don't know.

I think you need to go to the source of the problem here and SARN Paypal to get some idea of what all this relates to. Are you absolutely certain that this debt is invalid?

One final point- I think you should check your credit file to make sure that nothing nasty has been placed there.

So after getting EOS to admit that there is nothing linking me to this debt, that a no nothing of, and passing it back to PaPay they just pass it along the chain to another DCA and it all starts again.

What is SARN i can hit PayPal with?

Harrasing me by telephone at work by claiming to be a company you are not in order to get information is fraud in my eyes.

I have used my free 30-day trial with Experian a while back to check my file with nothing on it at all. I also bought a new laptop few weeks back on 9-months interest free with no problems reported.

Excelent re credit history. Some DCAs will search a file and leave their dirty great footprints all over it.

SARN is a subject access request under the Data Protection Act. It should get all of the information they hold about you. Alternatively you could just write to them asking them what this is all about but I don't know if you would get a response.

Big companies like to play pass the parcel with debts. If one DCA fails then it gets passed to another then another. Eventually it may get sold or just go away.

I completely agree re the phone call. Does your company routinely record calls? If so you may have the basis for a complaint against Paypal. They have a legal responsbility for the actions of companies acting on their behalf.

If you really want to play hardball - and save the tenner a sar would cost - then send paypal a pre-litigation request under cpr 31.16 for disclosure of documents which you may need to prosecute them and/or third parties they have instructed for what you are sure are breaches of the data protection act and harassment.

In my experience that harder you hit back the less letter tennis it takes and the quicker you get an apology. For example when I was in a similar situation with an insurance company they sent me a cheque for £100 on condition I go away!

It would be pointless in me giving PayPal £10 for the Data Protection stuff when the origional debt they continually harras me for is £14!

This has been going on for best part of 2 years now with a few DCA bottom feeders coming and going, the latest being EOS untill this morning. Its probably cost me more in time,stamps, paper and envelopes sending the same prove it stuff to each of them again and again.

They caught me with the phone call this morning as i do have a claim going through with PayPal resolutions for some stuff i never recieved, thats how i took the call as i thought it was for that initially.

Is there anyway i can get PayPal to stop pasing my details just the the next DCA in line to bug me?

Do you have anything i can work on for using this pre-litigation request under cpr 31.16?

I mean for £14 FFS.

It would be pointless in me giving PayPal £10 for the Data Protection stuff when the origional debt they continually harras me for is £14!

This has been going on for best part of 2 years now with a few DCA bottom feeders coming and going, the latest being EOS untill this morning. Its probably cost me more in time,stamps, paper and envelopes sending the same prove it stuff to each of them again and again.

They caught me with the phone call this morning as i do have a claim going through with PayPal resolutions for some stuff i never recieved, thats how i took the call as i thought it was for that initially.

Is there anyway i can get PayPal to stop pasing my details just the the next DCA in line to bug me?

Do you have anything i can work on for using this pre-litigation request under cpr 31.16?

I mean for £14 FFS.

This explains about 31.16

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

- although it is cca based.

-basically the legislation in your case is the dpa 1998, cputr 2008 and the administration of justice act 1970. And maybe the supply of goods and services

Basically write a letter along the lines of:

(sorry I know it reads like the kind of drivel you get from dca's!)

REQUEST FOR DOCUMENTATION UNDER CIVIL PROCEDURE RULE 31.16, PRE LITIGATION PROTOCOLS.

WARNING: FAILURE TO ACT ON THIS REQUEST MAY LEAD TO COURT ACTION AND ENFORCEMENT.

Tell them that as far as you are concerned you have had enough of the harassement from them and third parties that they have instructed for a matter which they have failed to produce any legal basis for their demands. Consequently you are considering court action under one or more of dpa, cputr and AJA, and you require documentation to produce a fully particularized POC, and prevent any possibility of wasting the court's time. Then you tell them what documentation you want - contractual basis for why they think you owe £14, a full statement of account as to why, who they have shared your data with, when, why and they legal basis compliant with the dpa. Why they keep passing your information to different third parties and refuse to provide any proof of a lawful debt, contrary to oft guidelines, aja and cputr. Why the feel they have the right to instruct third parties to harass you at work.

- anything else you can think of

Then give them a specific date to comply with this request by which should be at least 18 days from the date you post the letter.

Then remind them that if they dont reply or disclose within that timescale you will instruct the County Court and seek a court order for compliance in accordance with cpr 31.16 under which this request is made.

yours

signed

NOW, anyone with more than 2 brain cells at a large company will simply send you an apology and a 'we will treat this matter as closed, no further action will be take by us or third parties'. If only because it will cost them more than £14 to do anything else.

hope that helps