Whoopsies Welcome

stupiddecsiongirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Stupidly i took a loan with this company back in 2005. I had just turned 18 and was a total idiot. Anyway i paid the payments for a little while then went off travelling for a year.

To be honest i totally forgot about it all until last year in september i got a phonecall asking if i wanted to re-write my agreement.

I was expecting to have something in writing but never recieved anything.

I've been getting calls and msgs on my phone from someone called Pat who i didnt know so was never gunna call back.

Anyway, she turned up at my door last night handing me a letter saying i owed 3k. I told her she could get bent! Take me to court do what ever, but she said they will find out where i work and get my wage details and take the money out of my pay. She told me to call her this morning to 'sort it'.

I will be calling this morning but only to arrange to hav copies of my credit agreement sent. Surely they cant send their office staff to your door?

Also can they transfer my account from branch to branch?

Pretty sure it's in their terms and conditions that they will visit your home if you don't pay up.... and they charge you £25 for it.

Also I have heard of a few people on here who have had an attachment of earnings order on their wages just as they have threatened you with.

Whilst you aren't paying them, your balance will continue to go up as they will be charging interest on all the charges you have accumulated.

Your credit file is probably looking very colourful too at the moment as they report how you handle your account to the credit references agencies.

Hello stupid lol. We are all in that boat so don`t worry.

I`m not an expert or a legal adviser by any means, but if you look around on this forum there is plenty of advice to be had.

You neead to bear in mind that Welscum can be very pushy and under hand as well. It`s true they will be adding charges and interest all the time you do not pay them, and this will be reflected on your credit file every month that you don`t pay.

They will also be charging you for phone calls at £10 a pop, probably even if you do not answer. they will also charge £25 to knock on your door. There are certain things you can do though.

First how much was the loan for? Did you have any insurances including PPI with this loan?

Second, do you have any paperwork from the loan that can be posted up on this site, so some one in the know can ever have a look at it, and may be catch these **** out.

You may get them to stop calling at your door by sending the template letter about doorstep visits. the phone calls may be a little different, you can send the telephone harassment letter but they may not take any notice. Send them anyway and then keep a note of times and dates of all calls.

The above templates can be adapted as you think for your own situation. They can be found in the templates library, which is on the Consumer Action Group Home Page.

Hope this helps for now. Just be a little careful how you deal with them for the moment, you may find some thing out if you are polite that you wouldn`t other wise.

Some one will come along with better advice soon. Again though be sure about just stopping payments. It is best to find a legal way to do this in case it does go to court.

Post up your paper work if you have it and let us have a look.:-D

Cheers, MARK