Flor v Barclays

Flor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hows it going Flor? I see your court date is very close now. Have you had an offer off them yet?

Ordered Statements: 06/10/06

Statements Received: 11/10/06

Prelim letter posted: 11/10/06

Standard Reply Received: 19/10/06

LBA posted: 25/10/06

MCOL filed 09/11/06

Offer of Part payment letter received 09/11/06

Rejection letter sent to Barclays 13/11/06

Amendments sent to MCOL 21/11/06

Sealed claim received from MCOL 25/01/07

Claim received by Barclays 29/01/07

2 weeks to defend - deadline 13/02/07

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Trollsicles!

Thanks for remembering me. Well I haven't heard from Barclays and am terrified that I'll have to appear in court on Thursday!! :eek:

Just hope they call -not too late is it? what's the average number of days that they call before the court date? The problem is that they do have my mobile number but if they haven't noticed it on the corespondence -and I work full time and no call and when I get home check the ans machine and no message....aaaargh....

Will they write to me if I they can't get hold of me on the phone?

Does anyone have any reassuring words?? My partner says not to panic...

Flor :-|

Barclays current a/c: Settled £3,413.27 :D

HSBC: Settled £753.00. :-D

MBNA (bmi): Settled £580.00. :D

Egg Card: 16/11/06 Received letter -they will not pay the £200 charges nor remove default notice.

Please click the scales if I have helped you :)

Thanks

hiya flor ,

ok here is anthony lombardis number 020 7116 5634.

if you want give him a ring and just casually ask who is dealing with your case as you have a court date for the 1st of march.they are all really quite polite and helpful there honest , i am not kidding , i have spoken to them.just ask if they are willing to settle out of court.

they have probably overlooked you as they are so snowed under but i guarantee when you phone they will want to settle asap.

give it a go mate , i was as nervous as hell but they were so easy to talk to.

i really hope they settle it soon.

good luck.:)

• Haha 1

Hi Flor, have you given them a call yet?

I have read on lotds of posts lately that they really are bogged down with all these cases and just cant seem to get on top of them. (What a shame eh?)

I think I have read somewhere that someone else got a letter or phonecall just 2 days before the court date offering full settlement, so Id just give them that encouraging phonecall to help them along their way!

Keep us posted with how you get on.

Ive got to write to the court again now to tell them of some dates I wont be around because Ive just booked my holiday!

Good luck

Trollsicles xx

MCOL filed 09/11/06

Hi dickeggsy and Trollsicles,

Thanks you for your encouragement when I was feeling particularly terrified!!

Well, I phoned Anthony Lombardis on the number you gave me dickeggsy, left a message and then spoke to Charlie Spalding (called me back after 10 mins!) who was dealing with my claim and then SUCCESS!!! They have paid out in full!!!

Thank you so much for providing the contact name and number. It appears that they didn’t have me on the “claim/court spreadsheet” so wouldn’t have called me and therefore would not have turned up in court either. Charlie Spalding was mortified and admitted that they were struggling to keep on top of it all with some people being missed out altogether like me! he apologised profusely.

He then asked me to return the letter that he would fax to me and return to them. I asked when the money would be in my bank as I would not stop court proceedings until I had the full settlement in my account. He confirmed that it would be in in the next hour and would I please return the letter and inform the court once I had checked my account. It was there an hour later!! That's the healthiest my account has ever looked...

Can’t believe this is over. I will be sending my contribution to CAG as without the help on this site I wouldn’t have claimed my charges back. Everyone's support has also been so appreciated. I will continue to use the CAG site and in particular this forum -if I can help anyone, please ask. To be honest, I didn't think I would get this far and going through each step was encouraging but getting my money back was a bit of a dream and yesterday I was even panicking of making the phone call! Many, many thanks to this website and to everyone for their support, information and advice. It's like having a whole new set of friends. I am over the moon!! :D

This is a bit like an Oscar speech!!

Good luck with all your claims!

Now for me, there is just the matter of the Default Notices to pursue...;)

Egg Card: 16/11/06 Received letter -they will not pay the £200 charges nor remove default notice.

Thanks

Hi Flor,

Well done and enjoy your cash. Could you post the number you rang, as i have one but it just goes to an answer phone. Many Thanks, Mp

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

FULL REFUND - WITHIN 7 DAYS OF MCOL

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

Defended on last day possible.

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S.A.R - Sent - 25/10/2006

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CCA to get loan agreement info - Sent - 25/10/06

Prelim sent PPI + Charges 11/11/06

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - Sent - 9/11/06

Thank you!! I am a fiesty lady but sometimes my nerves fail me! haven't taken a bank to court before :eek: So glad I did call though as it got sorted very quickly. My advice to anyone who is in my position is to leave the bank contact to the last minute and then make the call. If they haven't been in touch, chances are that you might not even appear on the lists -so don't do as I did and think the worse!

The money will come in very useful to pay things off and a little for a weekend break! ;)

All the best,

Flor :)

yeeeessss superb , i am so glad you plucked up the courage to phone.

told you they were ok . lol.

enjoy the money and good luck.:)

Thanks

Many thanks Mark. :)

The number I called is the one supplied by dickeggsy, Anthony Lombardis - 020 7116 5634 (friendly chap). I called and left a voicemail for Anthony and he called me back and gave name the name of the person who was dealing with my case. For me it was Charlie Sparling - 0207 116 1944 (direct line). Charlie returned my call after a few minutes -if he isn't dealing with your case he'll be able to direct you to the right person or Anthony can. Both friendly and are totally snowed under by the claims and quite often as appears to be the case, loose track -better for us! :D

Hope this helps and good luck! ;)

Flor

Hi Flor,

Well done and enjoy your cash. Could you post the number you rang, as i have one but it just goes to an answer phone. Many Thanks, Mp

Thanks

Oh Flor, congratulations!! It's excellent news for you and I am so glad you got there without appearing in court. You have given me a new lease of life to get positive on this whole thing. Brilliant news,

enjoy the money now and keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Trollsicles xx

MCOL filed 09/11/06

Hi Trollsicles,

Thank you! And you keep positive -you WILL get there as I did -and you know I had my doubts and insecurities about it! Shout out for a bit of encouragement when you need it -it keeps you going and makes a world of difference to how you are feeling.

All the best for now. Fingers crossed for you...you are nearly there... :)

Flor xx

Thanks

Thanks Tanz -and for your help too!

Flor :)

Thanks