simbatim

Employer refuses to give me my NVQ certificate

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3675 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I left an employer last year but had completed a L2 NVQ whilst there. I never left on bad terms and was always told that they would forward my NVQ onto me and contact me to go and collect my file if I wanted it back.

I have rang my ex employer numerous times and they have stated that they would chase it up for me and have the certificate forwarded to my home address. I have been grateful for this but also offered that I would do so myself if they passed on the awarding body details but they seemed happy to assist me.

As of now there is still no sign of my certificate and I'm not sure what else I can do as I have contacted my old employer several times in the last 6 months alone. I have also contacted my old NVQ assessor but she has also left that job now but wouldnt even supply me with the details of the awarding body for me to chase up myself.

I just find this increasingly frustrating as I did all the work and for nothing. To make matters worse my new employment are doubting that I ever had the certificate in the first place and are going to have to put me through the NVQ again.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do in this situation. My old employer has now also said that they cannot find my file which is annoying also as atleast if I had that it would have information as to who the NVQ was done through.

I have just emailed my old manager again to ask if they would please pass me some contact details on but again I'm not feeling very hopeful about this either.

Thanks.

hi sim

im sure if you contact the nvq people you can get your own copies,you have to pay.its about £35 for a replacement city and guilds certificate but im not sure how much a nvq replacement certificate is,

sara.

I suppose you could threaten your old employer that you will submit a SAR.

This will cost £10 and they have to answer in 40 days.

See: http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/new_pia_handbook_html/access.html

Che

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]

I'll be speaking to an assessor hopefully on Friday he should know and then I'll post here. Firms tend not to like to give them because they paid the course fees. There of no value to them.

Hi Sim - I am a NVQ assessor if you tell me what course it was I can tell you the awarding body it will be and then you can ring them give them your details and they will give you a copy. There is normally a small fee for that but it will probably be the easiest way round.

generally the majority of NVQ's if you live in England are awarded by City and Guilds but as i say tell me what it was and I will tell you who would have awarded it.

Oh ok, thanks guys.

It was a Level 2 NVQ in Health and Social Care and I studied it in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear. I was going to try ringing around to see who the awarding body or who had funded it to find out that way but anything you can do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I hope so...have emailed them now so, fingers crossed I'll get some kind of response.

Thanks for your help!!

Can you remember the name of the company your NVQ assessor worked for or maybe where their office was based? Call them. I'm on mat leave as an NVQ Assessor, not health and social care though, we used EDI (private NVQ delivery firm).

If you can remember who your Assessor worked for then give them a call to ask who the board was. Failing that google exam boards for health and social care and call/email them all as they will have your details on file. A reissued certificate usually costs £30-£35.

Good luck.

I love CAG!