PCN Advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody,

I received a PCN from NCP.

I was parked in the 20min stay area of the car park at Cambridge Rail Station.

I am aware that the advice is to ignore the fine, ignore any letters, baliffs, etc and I am aware that it is very unlikely they would take me to court - but say they did... would they walk over me once it got there?

I was also wondering if it makes a difference to usual cases because it is at a rail station where railway byelaws apply?

I cant really afford to pay the fine, neither do I want to pay it.

Any advice?

Also on the ticket, it says the parking violation number is a 2...or thats what it looks like.

On the back of the ticket, it says a violation 2 is "Parked in a pay and display car park without clearly displaying a valid pay and display ticket".

Obviously, it should be a number 8 - "Parked for longer than 20 minutes in a 20 minute limited parking bay".

Thank you.

2hd5yqs.png2pzjmnk.png

This is what I have been told but

I was reading more into the byelaws specifically. And they say:

Railway Byelaw 14

(3) No person in charge of any motor vehicle, bicycle or other conveyance shall park it on any part of the railway where charges are made for parking by an Operator or an authorised person without paying the appropriate charge at the appropriate time in accordance with instructions given by an Operator or an authorised person at that place.

and

(4) In England and Wales

(i)

The owner of any motor vehicle, bicycle or other conveyance used, left or placed in breach of Byelaw 14(1) to 14(3) may be liable to pay a penalty as displayed in that area.

Now obviously law is law and (3) states it is against the byelaw to park where charges are made for parking without paying. So regardless of whether my notice complies with unfair contract acts and AOJA, the parking did still break the law.

4(i) states that breaking (3) will leave you liable to pay the displayed penalty - which makes me liable for paying the penalty for breaking the byelaw.

So surely on those grounds I would be liable to pay? Confused!

the only time you have to pay parking fines is when the words

'penalty charge notice' are used & the ticket comes from a council or the police.

this is an INVOICE so is not a fine.

totally ignore them.

do some reading in this forum.you'll soon get the idea!

dx

Edited by dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I understand the whole concept of the [problem]. I just didnt understand how to tell between a real and fake one, but then i forgot about the whole incorrect 'penalty charge notice' title.

Yes.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

no fake ones NEVER say 'penalty Charge Notice' they are not allowed too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The lovely people at NCP decided to send me a Notice to Owner a month ago which of course i decided not to pay. :)

They then decided to send me another lovely letter which they call a Pre Legal Notification threatening me with court if I dont pay up. Arent they lovely!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...