Cabot/Mortimer claimform - old EGG card debt

fairbyblue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Just received my letter from Apex regarding debt bought from Egg. Also contains same standard letter of assignment on Egg letter headed paper.

What do I do now? I have already CCA'd Egg a couple of years ago and the agreement is enforceable? Do I just pay to Apex what I was paying to Egg? Or do I go for a lower amount? Total debt is approx £3300.

Should I ring Apex or write? Or wait for them to call me?

Regards, Fernack.

Are you sure CCA enforcable, what about Default notice? The bottom feeders will try and get as much out of you as they can. I'm not saying dont pay but if you feel morally obliged to pay make sure its an amount that you can afford EACH and EVERY month or you primary bills take precedent.

Be careful when dealing with them, everything in writing only !!!!

Hi .. Not sure about default notice? I think I got one originally a few years ago when I got into difficulty with repayments. I have made an offer to Apex via their online service - about half of what I was paying to Egg.

Will be watching the Apex threads with interest - seems Egg have sold off all the old debts they cant be bothered with.

Guys, I may just be getting a little over excited here, but has anyone managed to find a copy of their consumer credit licence online??

I tapped in their company registration number of 03967099 but nothing came back??

EDIT...ok, the search engine doesn't like the zero at the beginning of the number!!

They are licensed for:

Credit brokerage

Debt Adjusting/Couselling

Deb Collecting

So, as Consumer Credit is not there, this means that either Egg has terminated the agreements and they are no longer live or Apex are acting on behalf of EGG as an equitable and not absolute assignment.

The latter would surprise me as I presumed that Egg was offloading these accounts due to financial difficulties and the known flaw in the agreements.

Also, my default was issued 3 years ago and no mention was made of terminating the agreement then.

Edited by WelshMam2009
Details added...

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Hi All,

Just received my letter from Apex regarding debt bought from Egg. Also contains same standard letter of assignment on Egg letter headed paper.

What do I do now? I have already CCA'd Egg a couple of years ago and the agreement is enforceable? Do I just pay to Apex what I was paying to Egg? Or do I go for a lower amount? Total debt is approx £3300.

Should I ring Apex or write? Or wait for them to call me?

Regards, Fernack.

Are you sure its enforceable ?, most of them are at least questionable due to the use of the term Approved Limit instead of Credit limit or indeed any reference to the term credit at all, as far as we know approved limit maybe the limit you can spend each month, etc.

Andy

I have heard, from a little birdie, that they have only sold on accounts where people have come to agreements with them.

They see no (short-term) value in accepting ongoing token payments, but as there are payments, these people are seen as malleable.

So, debt collectors sense a chance of bullying the money out of you. Egg raises a bit of desperately required cash.

With Egg, the best way is to ignore them.

Interestingly, this is the "calibre" of person that Apex employs.

Hardly cream of the crop.

Whenever you feel done, click here, and realise it isn't so bad after all!

I have heard, from a little birdie, that they have only sold on accounts where people have come to agreements with them.

They see no (short-term) value in accepting ongoing token payments, but as there are payments, these people are seen as malleable.

So, debt collectors sense a chance of bullying the money out of you. Egg raises a bit of desperately required cash.

With Egg, the best way is to ignore them.

Interestingly, this is the "calibre" of person that Apex employs.

Hardly cream of the crop.

Whenever you feel done, click here, and realise it isn't so bad after all!

I hope Gemma phones me, isn't it nice they all love their job so much, come on guys..be more honest :)

Hee hee! What a FABULOUS career!

Seriously though, I do feel sorry for them, paltry salary and what an awful, worthless job to do.

As someone mentioned on another thread, all the consumers need to do is stop paying anything, and let the banks take them to court.

The worst outcome?

You pay what you can afford, which is better than paying what you can't afford.

Hee hee! What a FABULOUS career!

Seriously though, I do feel sorry for them, paltry salary and what an awful, worthless job to do.

As someone mentioned on another thread, all the consumers need to do is stop paying anything, and let the banks take them to court.

The worst outcome?

You pay what you can afford, which is better than paying what you can't afford.

I feel sorry for poor Roger !

Hi

Just got a call from Apex but refused to answer the Data protection details as I told them they called me and should have the info.

Basically I don't know what to do. I have been paying Egg a s much as I can afford with no job. In fact I still am. Now these guys are on my back and I don't know what to do.

I read all this thread and because I am panicking it didn't sink in. What should I do first?

Please help. I have been trying to pay my debts as best I can. I know I owe the money and was trying to do the decent thing but these companies confuse me. Like Nat west was the first they sold a debt to one company then another company jumped in and now I am being taken to court by Shakespeare Puttman. I don't know here I am, particularly as I am still paying Nat West too.

Oh I should have said I also have Moorcroft threatening legal action on same debt.

I sent a Cag to Moorcroft on 11.10.09 and had no reply. Who the heck do I owe this money to and how do I start?

Can I join the party :)

OH has just received the twp letters in the same envelope from Apex, cca appears to be unenforceable ('Approved Limit as opposed to the prescribed term 'Credit Limit'.

Advice given to me from Angry Cat ;-) is to cca Apex BUT clearly write on the PO 'To be used for CCA request ONLY'.

In OH's case PPI & unfair charges outweigh outstanding balance.

Beachy

• 4 weeks later...
As far as I'm aware its 12+2 days end of.

Apex using their own rule book perhaps.

I can find no mention of a further 28 days in the CCA 1974.

I'm assuming the 'the documents' not received bit refers to them not getting the docs back from Egg ?. Lets hope that Apex are begining to regret buying this job lot from Egg :)

Andy

Hi Andy,

If Apex 'own' the account, as they're saying they do (OH account has been 'sold' to them also) then they - as the 'new owner' (Allegedly) have 12+2 days to supply the cca

Still waiting for them to produce the OH cca - which was in dispute with Egg anyway.

May they suck on the lemons they 'bought' :)

Beachy

As far as I understand it a CCA is 12+2 working days. Then you can file the account under dispute which as long as the dispute is on then collection has to stop.

BUT it does not mean that if say after 28 days if they produce a copy of the agreement the account stays in disputed. Then it becomes if the agreement is enforceable or not.

Now I notice that a lot of members on this thread have said they have been making token payments and have kept to the agreement.

Hence, I would first shoot off a CCA request. IF in 14 working days nothing, then send a dispute letter. About a week later send an SAR application. (If it goes to Court you can show the Judge you were making regular payments so it will show in your favour. It is a big difference if it is "Can't pay but have paid" then "Can't pay won't pay"). Also the SAR you can use it to find possible mistakes, PPI, charges etc etc which can be used in an argument.

Next one is to ask for a copy of the Default Notice and a copy of the proof of delivery.

Between them you should keep Apex very happy, busy and with enough work to take them into the New Year.

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D

• 5 years later...

Hi all,

got letter from Mortimer clarke saying I owe 3k on credit card,

can't remember if I do as its a while,

only started receiving letters from cabot a few weeks ago,

they want income and expenditure history,

I have no recollection nor I do not recognise the creditors prime credit 1 sarl.

Any ideas what to do?