£45M lotto winning is just peverse!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Call it jealousy,envy etc....more than happy to admit that.

But in all seriousness though...dont you just think its just a bit peverse that somebody wins £45M in an instant like these euro lotto winners just have when the country is struggling in the worst recession ever.

For them the recession is well and truely over - but for millions others, they struggle on to another day :mad:

It is a bit much, but that is what lures people to buy a ticket. I gotta say I'd do a lot of good in this world with that amount of money!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I agree mr.ton, they should spread the cash around a bit more for the poor punters like me :)

45million squid is, ............well, too much.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

It's too much, but I wouldn't complain if I won it.

And yes, I would give up my job, I would move and it would change me because I could go to places, do things and live the lifestle that I have always thought that I deserve:D

(And I'd give a donation to CAG)

They should put a limit on how much can be won on these lottos.

It is just rediculous when it rolls over constantly & someone gets a big pay out like that.

Great for them that theyve won it etc....but it just makes a mockery of everything in this country when something like that happens.

agreed 1 maybe 2 million max then cascade the prize money down, I mean a tenner for 3 numbers is ridiculas

I also see that they have upped the euro lottery to £2 a ticket now, bet it aint that in the eurozone, and they quantify it by saying they will make a millionair a week in the uk, HOW?

Its not them personally that im having ago at....its just the whole principle of the thing, that people can just be handed £45M in an instant when the rest of the country is suffereing.

You are comparatively fit, have access to clean drinking water, warmth, uncontaminated food sources and don't live every day with the risk of death, disease and famine, whilst millions across the world suffer, often unendurably.

Do you think that injustice is worth discussion...?

Even if they made the jackpot lower and the smaller prizes larger, it would not make any difference to me. The reason being is that I can't even get one number. My selection is always as far off as my first s**t:-|.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Money doesn't buy happiness... It just means you can be miserable in nicer places!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Even if they made the jackpot lower and the smaller prizes larger' date=' it would not make any difference to me. The reason being is that I can't even get one number. My selection is always as far off as my first s**t:-|.[/quote']

Do you think you could post your numbers up for us so that we can avoid them like the plague?:p

I'd give you a percentage if your anti-choices make me a millionaire:)

I do agree with hf though, they paid their money and they got lucky. Well done them! The thing is we have no idea what these people are like. There is the possibility that they are very charity minded and will use their winnings to help many people. Of course eqaully they may just buy a caribbean island and live in the sun for the rest of their days.

Personally if I won that sort of money I'd have a whale of a time. For a start my family would be set for life - how cool to be able to say to my siblings and my parents that they never have to worry about money again? I'd also love to be able to pay off my close friends mortgages. There's the 3 charities I support who would get sizable donations, and CAG of course. Also, I can think of a fair few people on CAG who would suddenly find they no longer have debts. Then there's all the stuff I'd be able to do for my OH and lovely boys...

I honestly think it would be a strange person who won that sort of money and didn't spread it around in some way shape or form, so I doubt very much it is really only one person who benefits from such a massive win.

Edited by lexis200

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

You are comparatively fit, have access to clean drinking water, warmth, uncontaminated food sources and don't live every day with the risk of death, disease and famine, whilst millions across the world suffer, often unendurably.

Do you think that injustice is worth discussion...?

I have to agree with you here, but I do think its worth mentioning that because the OP doesnt live under those condititions and perhaps has a comparitively famine, war and desease free life that he can see the injustice (as he sees it) of someone winning £45 million in a game of chance. Whereas someone who isnt bombarded by our media and advertising doesnt aspire to more than clean drinking water, health and peace.

Personally I could quite easily make a very big dent in £45 million and I would make sure that it changed my life and those of my family and friends. I of course would make sure that my favourite charities and internet forums ;) will recieve very generous donations.

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Its relative isnt it, personally I dont feel there is one however the OP did. It could have been worse, one person could have won the lot! Just think what you could do with £90 million nicker!

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

You pay to take a chance, and we all have the same odds of winning, I dont agree that it is a tax on anyone, because you have a choice, unlike most taxes, sound like an awful lot of sour grapes going on here.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I also feel (and this may only be me) If I'd won the lotto, a load of people would come to me cap in hand as a lotto win is not the same as earned money in many peoples eyes. I also feel if I said "No" then I'd be called all the names under the sun!

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

I also feel (and this may only be me) If I'd won the lotto, a load of people would come to me cap in hand as a lotto win is not the same as earned money in many peoples eyes. I also feel if I said "No" then I'd be called all the names under the sun!

Stay anonymous.

I would dearly love to embark in a career of philanthropy ala 'at home with the braithwaites'

I think good on them!!!! I think it's wrong to be jealous of people because they have had luck that you haven't. I would not be complaining if I had the winning ticket as I'm sure many on here wouldn't. Want a chance, buy a ticket. Like others have said they worked hard all their lives, they seem to be good people and their luck has come in. Good for them!!!! It's nice to see something good happen to good people for a change. If I won I would stay anonymous. I would give some to charaties but it would be charaties that I believe in and an ammout that I wanted, as is the case now. No way in hell would I allow anybody to tell me how to spend my money, hard earned or not. There are many people in this world far better off than me. Do I expect them to give me their money because I am struggeling? No.

Edited by Mungypup

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

Its relative isnt it, personally I dont feel there is one however the OP did. It could have been worse, one person could have won the lot! Just think what you could do with £90 million nicker!

Indeed. The point of my post was to highlight that the OP's assertion it was unjust to win a substantial amount of money when much of the country struggle to get by was ridiculous, and misplaced when you consider the real injustices that exist the world over.

Mr and Mrs Scadding played a game, presumably aware that mathematical probability was heavily stacked against them. They happened to win. Trying to apply a linear moral scale to that is as idiotic as it is futile.

I recall the furore - largely created and driven by the gutter press - over Iorworth Hoare's win some years back. Like Mr and Mrs Scadding he entered into a game of random chance and happened to win. His criminal activities were - and continue to be - completely irrelevent to that win.

To hope that good things should only happen to people you view as deserving is hopelessly naïve. The lottery, like much in life, is just random, chaotic chance.

How would Uncle Tez - as a moral, principled member of society - spend the money? Booze, hookers and cocaine. Simultaneously.