Help with Welcome Finance

beyondhope
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasnt aware of the importance to the invalid default thread :lol: still not entirely sure now seens as they carried on regardless but hey ho all will become apparent im sure :)

very true bee, also these issues are not just limited to welscum niether, (these creeps are all tarred with the same brush), reading around the threads it is looking pretty good for dodgy default notices, these judges are finally realising that the regs on a default notice clearly state.

"MUST" - "SHALL CONTAIN" - "ACCURATE" ;)

cab

very true bee, also these issues are not just limited to welscum niether, (these creeps are all tarred with the same brush), reading around the threads it is looking pretty good for dodgy default notices, these judges are finally realising that the regs on a default notice clearly state.

"MUST" - "SHALL CONTAIN" - "ACCURATE" ;)

cab

and not before time!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

thank dog our agreements are pre april 2007:D

cab

mine isnt :confused:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

"dont worry" it only changes the enforceability issues:) (not

even a judge can un terminate).

cab

omg my heart sank then :p i dont suppose unenforceable matters when the unenforceable agreement is no longer.....

:p and the default regs are still strict.

cab

I guess thats the one thing thats on my side :)

was'nt it, the default notice that won MandM's case:D

cab

most certainly was :)

Morning all.

I had a conversation with a guy who stated he was from the accounts department at a local office of Welcome in the Midlands. He had called on my son who has a loan with them for a vehicle. This man had no ID and said that he had left it in his car. Having told him what I did for a living he scuttered off as I said I wanted to see some. He then bought back a receipt book as a proof of his ID.

I asked him what he wanted and he claimed that the reason he had called was to get my son to sign a piece of paper informing Welcome Finance of a change of address. My son was advised not to sign it and I enquired why that needed to be signed as it was apparent that Welcome new his address as he was stood in the property.

My son wants rid of the car and also Welcome Finance and this was put to this man who stated that he was taking his company hat off to advise my son.

He stated that Welcome Finance are in trouble and that the company will fold however, he claim they will continue to trade and attempt to claw back any monies owed. He is of the opinion that this will continue for the next two years.

I put it to him that he had bought my sons loan and he claimed that he had not.

He then stated that my son owed about £7000 and if he was to get that loan sum below £5000 by perhaps selling the car it would be unlikely that Welcome Finance would chase the loan because of the situation they are in.

We left it that my son and I would discuss it and make contact.

The one thing that I forgot to mention to him was that I had my company hat ON and recorded all ofthe conversation.

ooo curiosity killed the cat dont ya know :lol:

Thanks cab I await with interest :)

I now know that payments should still have been made whilst in despite but was lead to believe otherwise at the time so arrears are purely from when the account was in dispute there were none before hand as far as im aware and going on the amounts on the notices it would appear thats correct.

Why do you say you Should have made payments while the account is in dispute? Is this purely because you would have kept the arrears down or do I get an inkling that you now believe you Had/ Have to pay? :?

Surely that is still up to the individual to decide whether to make the payments or not. The **** have Always been entitled to Ask for payment!

Cheers, MARK ;)

Edited by mark1arby
spelling

Why do you say you Should have made payments while the account is in dispute? Is this purely because you would have kept the arrears down or do I get an inkling that you now believe you Had/ Have to pay? :?

Surely that is still up to the individual to decide whether to make the payments or not. The **** have Always been entitled to Ask for payment!

Cheers, MARK ;)

I believed that whilst not paying I wouldnt accumalate arrears due to account being in dispute now know this is different and would probably have avoided it if i could although I wouldnt have had the dodgy default then. I only feel like it because them taking the car is causing no end of problems :(

good job you accepted termination then, "phew"

cab

Is it worthwhile writing to Welcome and accepting their termination then? They terminated my account back in August 08, I'll happily write a letter to them and accept their unlawful termination, I have the same dodgy default ad termination as most people on here have.

Is it worthwhile writing to Welcome and accepting their termination then? They terminated my account back in August 08, I'll happily write a letter to them and accept their unlawful termination, I have the same dodgy default ad termination as most people on here have.

Im unsure on time limits have a look at this thread or make a post someone will help you

Invalid Default Notices - Page 72 - The Consumer Forums

have you made any payments or discussed payment since the termination?

have you made any payments or discussed payment since the termination?

Not made any payments since it was terminated, although did have a monkey on the phone last July, before I got my sar and found out they'd terminated it, trying to get me to come to an agreement over payments, agreed to make a monthly payment of £20, but they never rang back on the agreed date to take the payment over the phone as agreed, but nothing was put in writing.

Not made any payments since it was terminated, although did have a monkey on the phone last July, before I got my sar and found out they'd terminated it, trying to get me to come to an agreement over payments, agreed to make a monthly payment of £20, but they never rang back on the agreed date to take the payment over the phone as agreed, but nothing was put in writing.

Don't pay anything until you have it in writing that the payments are for the balance post termination!!!!

There is more than one way to accept the termination, behaving in a way as if the termination has happened is one of them. Not making your monthly payments is counted as such behaviour. As soon as you make a payment on the account you are as good as saying "I do NOT accept the termination".

By all means make an arrangement to pay your outstanding balance if you so wish, but don't do it until you have it in black and white that your payments are towards the balance after termination and not to be considered as per your previous instalment arrangement.

However, if your DN is defective there won't be a balance post termination ;)

Don't pay anything until you have it in writing that the payments are for the balance post termination!!!!

There is more than one way to accept the termination, behaving in a way as if the termination has happened is one of them. Not making your monthly payments is counted as such behaviour. As soon as you make a payment on the account you are as good as saying "I do NOT accept the termination".

By all means make an arrangement to pay your outstanding balance if you so wish, but don't do it until you have it in black and white that your payments are towards the balance after termination and not to be considered as per your previous instalment arrangement.

However, if your DN is defective there won't be a balance post termination ;)

Oh yes, my default is as defective as they come...

postie brought me a wonderful gift from our friends today....

HP agreement statement from march 09 - sept 09

what for?!?!?!

Hey cab - are we still ticking?? the suspense is killing me lol Can tell im a woman hate not knowing lol

sent you a PM

cab

Thank you :)