Help with Welcome Finance

beyondhope
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4808 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want hiccups like this with stupid royal mail whilst ive gotten so far because im getting twitchy now I dont like the fact they have gone so quiet!

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Thanks Ozzy Im just a typical woman and like to know whats going on :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Postie has just been.....

2 termination letters....both for this account

they state

We refer to the Notice of Default issued from this office on 11th January 2010 (other one says 15th January 2010 :rolleyes:)

In order to protect our interests, your hire purchase account has now been terminated and the full balance of the account is now payable. depending on what you have paid this means we may either repossess the above vehicle or apply for a court order without further notice to you. In addition you may be held liable for any remaining balance after the vehicle is sold and the proceeds credited to your account, and we reserve the right to commence legal proceedings for the recovery of any outstanding sums.

We would strongly urge you to contact us as a matter of urgency. No further notices will be issued.

HELP!!! What do I do now? I have already sent Nottingham LBA they have until next weds to respond which I know they wont as they have ignored every other letter I have sent as well, Post was working on my POC but is awol and now I dont know what to do :confused:

Do I need to write and accept termination (I 'think' that means arrears are all that are due?)

Welcome dont need a court order to repo as we havent paid 1/3

Shall I just get an N1 in?

Do I write to the local office stating LBA with compliance stop collection activity until responded?

Sorry for the questions but im unsure which way to go now :S

sorry forgot to say BOTH have WITHOUT PREJUDICE on the top and the actual date of dodgy default is 15th Jan

Ive just arranged an initial meeting with a solicitor for views on where to go next ill scan letters in later as i think ive managed to fix the scanner :) any advice before meeting with solicitor appreciated :)

Here they are:

termination1.jpg

termination2.jpg

hahaha you gotta love their cheek :lol: the 'arrears' we have as per the default notice are from the time its been in dispute and it doesnt even make 2 months payments work that one out :rolleyes: im hoping this solicitor will be helpful on monday as i could do without any monkeys taking the car in the meantime.....

Thanks martski will do now ;) bk in a jiffy with verdict lol

ooooooooooo is all I will say *puts hands together closes eyes and prays reallllly hard :lol:*

I think ill keep the name esp after me thinking poc stood for pile of crap :lol:

Ok this is my list for the solicitor (i dont think 20mins will cover it lol)

*Original agreement total amount of credit £8103.00 includes insurances, rewrite agreement total amount of credit £8953.00 no insurances. difference verbally stated as acceptance fee and missed payments. Surely missed payments already included not additional they are arrears not extra lending?! Acceptance fee listed seperately as £195 in addition to the extra added so shouldnt be added twice?

* On rewrite total payable is £12441.89.....payments total £15552.00...when run through apr calculator total is £21827.90.

* Reconstructed agreement not fully completed, total payable shows as less than starting amount for credit, no signatures, no dates

* Account placed in dispute 27/11/09 received 28/11/09 continued to ignore communication and placed unlawful charges on account, issued default notice, termination notice

* Default notice is defective as states 14 days not a numerical date

* Termination notice states without prejudice - are they terminating or not? Unlawful recission?

* SAR incomplete doesnt provide original agreement or any related documentation, no correspondance shown bar one letter never received by me

* Rewrite had no cooling off period wasnt even given opportunity to read through was unaware it was 120month agreement until copies received in October 2009

* Insurances written on initial agreement not shown on rewrite but appear to be included in the total and spread over 120 months when they were 24month policies

* Insurances as shown on initial agreement spread over 48months when products for 24 months

* Have evidence of comission payments to welcome elite brokers I dont have one in my SAR why?

Thats what I have so far....anything to add or comments please :)

**Bump for comments**

This is a very good question. Im abit panicky that they have until weds til the end of the 14days of my letter before action and I truely am not knowledgeable enough to stand in front of a judge and argue my case I can see whats wrong I can see why its wrong but dont know the regs etc it all relates to. I spoke with the solicitor on the phone on thurs who said come in for no obligation chat and go from there. I would be entitled to legal aid due to income but Im sure I read somewhere that you cant use legal aid for small claims court. I will check this tomorrow though. Court forms I would be entitled to fee remission so should I not be able to use legal aid I suppose representing myself (well my husband) is the only way :eek:

Beyond, good luck at the solicitors, You will be surprised how quick they get through things. will be thinking of you so please post back when you return.

*Original agreement total amount of credit £8103.00 includes insurances, rewrite agreement total amount of credit £8953.00 no insurances. difference verbally stated as acceptance fee and missed payments. Surely missed payments already included not additional they are arrears not extra lending?! Acceptance fee listed seperately as £195 in addition to the extra added so shouldnt be added twice?

good question, you need clear answer and pending answer ask if this leads to the whole debt being unenforceable. also if interest was paid on the fees as this is a big no no.

* On rewrite total payable is £12441.89.....payments total £15552.00...when run through apr calculator total is £21827.90.

If you got time give me the APR and I will double check this manually.

* Reconstructed agreement not fully completed, total payable shows as less than starting amount for credit, no signatures, no dates

again this should make the agreement unenforceable.

* Account placed in dispute 27/11/09 received 28/11/09 continued to ignore communication and placed unlawful charges on account, issued default notice, termination notice

No action should of been taken whilst in dispute.

* Default notice is defective as states 14 days not a numerical date .

If he is unsure point him to the 1983 regulations, but hey he is the solicitor right lol.

* Termination notice states without prejudice - are they terminating or not? Unlawful recission?

This can be only a threat not an action as they clearly do not wish to be bound by their words in court.

* SAR incomplete doesnt provide original agreement or any related documentation, no correspondance shown bar one letter never received by me

Believe it or not this is the most important to get welcome as this is nothing to do with the 1974 Act but law on data integrity, information commisioners office should be informed.

* Rewrite had no cooling off period wasnt even given opportunity to read through was unaware it was 120month agreement until copies received in October 2009

to me this is breaking the law on harrasment and undue preasure into entering a financial agreement . . . this is quite serious.

* Insurances written on initial agreement not shown on rewrite but appear to be included in the total and spread over 120 months when they were 24month policies.

again invalid agreement under the 1974 CCA.

* Insurances as shown on initial agreement spread over 48months when products for 24 months .

This is just cheeky, it is a misscalculation on an agreement regulated by the CCA.

* Have evidence of comission payments to welcome elite brokers I dont have one in my SAR why? .

This im not sure off sorry.

I have added a few thoughts and no other way of wording your questions as you have done a good job on collating the info. Added together as a summary the agreement has to be unenforceable and your end goal should be too wipe the loan and have it removed from your credit file, at the cery least ensure welcome never try to collect for 6 years then it is statue barred. hope my lil comments have helped a little.

any one shed any light on who gets some help i.e legal aid etc, cos i'm thinking i'm going to have to get some help too. with post gone we're all a little lost. plus judge wasn't that impressed with my lack of knowledge.. sorry to hijack thread beyond. could help us both..

Give me two mins stepwayne and ill find the link with the calculator on it must have been around there somewhere that i saw about small claims.... wont be long

Ozzy do you want the agreement or posts workings out? Thank you for your comments :) I have just printed the secret commission form essexboy so kindly sent me as proof they DO charge commission they just never mentioned it ;)