• Tweets

• Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
    • Sorry, I got confused  Yes, it states all three   Thanks, 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help with Welcome Finance

beyondhope
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you in advance im pretty new to all this do lots of reading the boards and not much posting as im still learning :)

my husband took out a 2k loan with welcome over 3yrs on the 19th october 2007 admittedly we have missed 4 repayments as shown on the statement they sent us a fortnight ago.....on this statements shows capitalisation at approx £77 a month.....and the remaining balance as £1998 after 2 yrs!! payments are 109.74 a month so there isnt much coming off the balance at all! one calling them we were told the capitalisation is just interest as signed for with the contract but surely that cant be right because there wouldnt be £1998 left after 2 yrs as well as £77 a month going on as well?!

also they are driving us mad calling all the time they have even discovered my husbands work number despite us requesting several times verbally and in writing that they not contact him in work as he is not allowed to receive personal calls. they dont seem to understand that if he loses his job they wont get a penny!! is there any way to stop them calling so frequently? surely its harrassment? they have called 3 times on my home fone, twice on his mobile and once to his work today and its only 1pm!!

any advice greatly appreciated because its really starting to stress us out xxx

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for bumping my thread :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

evening all

send this recorded delievery

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

• Haha 1

Thank you very much Post I will do that tomorrow morning :)

i do as i requested them a few weeks back and they sent me copies, the car one is a new agreement where they have screwed us by putting it over 10 yrs tho :( the loan one hasnt changed since the beginning though.

quick question if they make an early settlement offer in writing to u can they retract it? we were trying to make the early settlement payment so didnt pay and they said the offer no longer stood as a payment had been missed? i didnt realise they could include payments that werent due yet in offers?

thanks for your help :)

this is after all welcome we are talking about

10 years for a car loan

can you post the agreements onto your thread

scan into your pc

deleate personal details but leave in the figures

google photo bucket to post

use the upload link for message boards to post with out thumbnails option

will have a look for them and have a go at posting now :)

our car finance was over 4 yrs but due to my husband losing his job we missed 2 payments and where they offered a reduced payment it seems they refinanced it over 10yrs i only noticed that a few wks ago when i received the copy of the agreement as they didnt give us one at the time of signing

the settlement figure was only £200 less than what they are saying the total balance on the account is and if that included a payment that wasnt even due yet it would only be £90 less as the payment is £110 the letter stated 21 days turns out we cant get the money together in time anyway but i didnt think they could back out of a written agreement or include payments not even due yet but as u say this is welcome after all im starting to see they are a law unto themselves

delightful people it appears you need a degree in rudeness to work in this particular office as well

will have a go at scanning now thanks again for your help :)

This is the loan agreement (Im sure this was signed for 3 months before the date that is on it as something i bought using the money had 12months guarantee and went in for repair weeks before the guarantee ran out so that would make this agreement wrong as it would have been signed for 3months before the date thats on it???? i will contact my bank tomorrow and check the date funds were paid in - are they allowed to move the agreement start date by 3 months?? would that not make the papers doctored??)

img009.jpg

img010.jpg

this is the original car agreement

img007.jpg

img008.jpg

This is the new car agreement (i queried the total cash price on this new agreement as it is alot more than even the final total on the previous balance and it is apparently missed payments (surely they would have been in total of previous agreement) and acceptance fee?!)

img005-1.jpg

img006.jpg

thank you in advance

Edited by beyondhope
private details showing

I have requested a statement showing when the funds were put into my bank for the month i think it was and the month on the agreement....if im correct in which month i think it was they will definately have changed the date on the agreement making it a few months later than the money was received is there anything i can do about that?

thanks in advance

i think it says £3293.81

thanks again :)

omg the robbing :eek:

so chances are the dates are wrong on the other one as well then (awaiting bank statement to prove this)

dd is set for 130.00 a month on that one

thanks again :)

thank you ever so much ill see if i can find anything else in the depths of the paperwork drawer

thank you again :)

like you wouldnt believe :) i so hope im right on the loan as well (im 99.9% sure) i need these cowboys out of our faces as they just never stop ringing (although they should have received letter today will have to check tracking)

thank you ever so much

Have had a good look and cant find anything else all i have is the copies they sent me a few wks back thanks to a leaky pipe :(

Post just wondering if u managed to have another look ive looked at what you pointed out and my figures are the same as yours! Can anything be done about this as you rightly said its fraud! Only asking as if payment needs to be stopped ill need to cancel DD in the next few days. I know you are a busy bee thank you :)

i believe the car loan is up to date which is the one with the total in question

thinking back there may have been 1 missed payment earlier in the year whilst my husband was between jobs i cant think of any more possible missed ones on that account though as we always ensured to pay the car....would this make any difference?