Loan not originally filed with a credit agency.......

Emma0208
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I has a letter in June from a company called DLC saying I had an outstanding balance with them for £833.56 relating to 'Hillesden Securities Ltd' after calling them they said it related to a Black Horse loan taken out in 2004 which they purchased in 2007.

On receipt of their letter I had a look on my credit file and the only thing listed was a car loan with Balckhorse in 2004 which was settled in 2005, I did have an additional loan with them but as far as I remember this was fully paid......I cant find details of this on my file.

I called DLC in June and asked them to provide me with further information. They called me this morning and after the lady had called me a liar for not receiving the documents that they posted twice (apparently I requested them twice....I've only ever called them once for them) they said I had 7days to pay as they had held the account for far too long and it was going round in circles. I stated I hadn't received anything and she said they wouldn't send me any further docs as there 'legal' team had advised not to.

I called up experian who I hold an account with and they double checked everything and said no loan for Black Horse has ever been listed, I called DLC back and spoke to a much nicer lady who said they use call credit and thats why it wasn't on my experian report......she then checked with call credit and nothing was listed there relating to a £833.56 debt. They agreed to send me the original docs again tonight and asked me to check them over.

My question is, I do remember having a loan with them and I'm sure I signed for it but I thought it was cleared. If nothing was ever registered in 2004 can they now register a default against me and how do I get them to prove I actually owe them anything.....surely a signed agreement from 2004 doesn't mean I have anything o/s.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank

Emma

Hi, Emma.

Send a Subject Access Request to Blackhourse, this will let you know the score regarding if the debt was paid off or not, but this will cost you £10.

If your sure it was paid off, give Blackhorse a phone, they should be able to let you know.

There is a 'prove it' letter you could send DLC..........

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/573-general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert