BankFodder BankFodder

tindwcel

CSL - "We are now left with one course of action"

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3762 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

captureit.png

Given that the "one course of action" is not a threat of court action, would I be correct in reading this as a "goodbye, we have nothing enforceable" letter? The discount offered was about 25%.

It means they will be passing it on to another DCA and you will probably be threatened with a doorstep visit in which case you send the appropriate letter in the templates, but you will just have to be patient until the next letter arrives.

Send them the 'get offa my land' letter in the templates, which will leave them, presumably with no course of action. Shame, poor little dca:p

"CSL are left with one course of action"

and that would be to feck off and talk to someone who actually gives a flying.....

I think this scrappy outfit are known as "tertiary" debt collectors or collectors of the impossible. I received the raft of letters, including the one like yours, and ignored the lot. They did send out one of their plods to knock on the door on 3 occasions despite my sending the "don't bother" letter. After that things went quiet but they seem to have started all over again .....deep joy. Watch out for the Knipe Smith solicitors letter, CSL are simply using their letterhead!

Its also only a 'partial settlement' so whatever you paid would not settle the debt and the unpaid balance would presumably be passed on elsewhere for recovery. of course they don't tell you that

To those who give me reputation points, thanks. I don't usually pay attention to how much rep I receive, so I don't acknowledge it but I appreciate the favourable comments I receive when I sometimes talk sense.

"The attempt to combine wisdom and power has only rarely been successful and then only for a short while"Albert Einstein

"One should examine oneself for a very long time before thinking of condemning others".

Moliere (Jean-Baptiste Poquelin)

I must have been lucky with their random "discounts". Mine was for 70% which I think they repeated about three times. They really are a crap outfit.

if a settlement is 'full and final' its worth considering, even if the debt is unenforceable (because it puts and end to any chasing and allows you to feel you have done the 'moral' thing) but a partial settlement isn't worth anything, because it doesn't 'settle' anything, its just a part payment, and of course, future DCAs know that you have access to money and there is apossibility that you might pay another settlement.

To those who give me reputation points, thanks. I don't usually pay attention to how much rep I receive, so I don't acknowledge it but I appreciate the favourable comments I receive when I sometimes talk sense.

"The attempt to combine wisdom and power has only rarely been successful and then only for a short while"Albert Einstein

"One should examine oneself for a very long time before thinking of condemning others".

Its also only a 'partial settlement' so whatever you paid would not settle the debt and the unpaid balance would presumably be passed on elsewhere for recovery. of course they don't tell you that

Hmmm not even sure they would honour it and its probably just a hooking exercise to get someone to ring but they do actually state

"Partial payment in full and final settlement"

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

That has to be one of the naffest threatograms ive ever seen...by any DCA standards :rolleyes:

Are 0845 numbers premium rate numbers? or free numbers....

I believe its against OFT guidelines to give premium rate numbers as contact numbers?

S.

Edited by the_shadow
Unsure if they are or arent

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

When they say "Disregarded", do they mean that you took 1 look at their page of s*ite and then just tore it up.... :rolleyes:

Hmmm not even sure they would honour it and its probably just a hooking exercise to get someone to ring but they do actually state

"Partial payment in full and final settlement"

S.

yes shadow, youre right. confusing word choice.

0845 numbers are local call rate (I do believe that the number owner, gets or at least used to get, a percentage of the revenue generated by the number another reason not to phone them)

yes shadow, youre right. confusing word choice.

0845 numbers are local call rate (I do believe that the number owner, gets or at least used to get, a percentage of the revenue generated by the number another reason not to phone them)

ah right, cheers... was too lazy to google :-)

S.

Deal with your debts: