Capital One and Bryan Carter

framboise
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This thread is aimed at people who maybe in a similar position with Cap One and friends

Back in late 2008, I sent a CCA request to Capital One to which they eventually replied with a document not containing my signature. They covered this by informing me that they do not have to provide me with this as long as they have sent me the agreement itself !

As I have sent quite a few of these CCA requests out, in my opinion, if they've got a signature attached to an agreement, they are going to send you it.

I was also concerned about the APR on the agreement they sent me - I seemed to remember a big advertising campaign at the time that was proudly quoting a different APR than that quoted in my 'Agreement'. These two things led me to believe that Capital One did not have a signed agreement relating to this account.

I then sent them the usual account in dispute letters to which they responded in the expected way of passing the 'account' on to Fredrickson's. I had a couple of phone calls and I told them that Capital One do not have any agreement for this account (it is not generally advised to speak to these muppets of course) and backed this up in writing. They then passed the account on to Bryan Carter who sent me a few official looking documents - one was an 'ADDRESS VALIDATION' card... 'oh my God they're coming for me' was the desired response!

Bryan Carter then sent me a letter saying that the matter was going to court and that if I didn't tell them what my defence would be then they would go for the costs anyway.:confused:

I sent them a letter saying that I could not and would not tell them what my defence would be to a claim that may be made in the future and that does not yet exist. I also told them, in writing, that an agreement for this 'account' does not exist.

Some weeks later I received a letter from Bryan Carter telling me that no further action will be taken... so bye bye Bryan, was nice knowing you...

Then a little later a letter from Cap One saying '... this account is once again being handled by us, could you please make your payments to us...' yeah right!

In summary ... Capital One are not very good at keeping agreements in my experience and will falsify if they can't find it!

And as for Bryan Carter... bully tactics and when challenged they retreat.

I am sharing this as I have received lots of help on this site and want to give what I can back.

Framboise

Yes, can confirm similar results with Bryan Carter on mine and OH's Cap One accounts.

Siimilar result with Egg account - both Moorcroft and CapQuest declined to proceed further when deficiency of agreement was pointed out to them.

Real pain of it is that it doesn't actually get anything resolved - just sits in limbo.