boots and rlp v my daughters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Ive got a case of extortion here. My two daughters, one aged 15 and the other aged 17 were accussed of stealing 2 make-up items from Boots. They were taken to an office by two security staff (well built men). They gave their details to the staff, our oldest daughter even gave her NI number. The staff said they were too busy to contact the police. I belive they should have as they should follow some kind of protocol.

My wife was contacted via phone, and said they are not contacting the police but they will have to pay a fine. My wife said nothing.

While crying thiers eyes out our daughters then each signed a piece of paper which stated they must never enter boots ever again. As our oldest daughter was over 16 years of age they were released with this piece of paper and another stating notice of intented civil recovery. Our daughters have since been diciplined.

Two weeks later, we have now received two separate letters. One for each of our daughters. The first is claiming for £137.50 (£110.00 discounted) from our 15 year old, the second is claiming £137.50 (£35.00 discount) from our 17 year old. They have got the info the wrong way round plus why are they making two claims for one case.

Are Boots allowed to pass the details of our daughters on to RLP, who have now added them to dishonesty database for anybody that wishes to see it.

I've read just about all of the posts here about RLP and I'm not going to pay a penny because the reccession has hit us hard via massive pay cuts.

I believe our daughters should have been dealt with by the police and not a pair of dumb thugs as stealing is a criminal offence and not a civil one.

I'm not going to contact RLP, because it will be like talking to a brick wall.

I spoke to the information commission today with concerns about my daughters rights regarding data protection. They said I should fill in the compliants form, write a letter with my concerns on and send them with the letters from Boots and RLP. Upon receiving them they said they would investigate our case for any unfairness and wrong doing.

I will post any new info for others to see.

All information should be discussed on the the RLP forum JC !!

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

2 young girls (one a minor),2 grown men.......... signing under duress springs to mind.

I'd be firing a suitable letter off to the CEO of Boots asking for an explanation of their staff actions.

Come to think of it........ I'd be following their cars home when they finish their shift for a quiet chat - but thats probably not the way to go :eek:

Mr Echo, I would contact the Manager at your Boots store, send a copy to the profit protection manager and also the Chief Exec. Ask them why your daughters signed civil recovery notices without a parent or guardian present. I've been told (by Boots) that they use agency staff who aren't fully trained. Make sure your daughters sign a letter giving you permission to act on their behalf. Good luck, but I warn you to expect lots of letter writing over the coming months.

Thanks for replys

Ive never used a forum before, dont even know how to find Scarlette.

Anyway, I got to IC web page to download complaints form, where its states I should first write a letter to Boots/RLP. Not gonna write to RLP considering the problem didnt start there and they probably wont reply, so its gonna be Boots. Dont want to write loads of letters though so I'm gonna write a letter with hard facts and legalities. Thats if I can goet my head around the Data Protection act, Human rights and civil / criminal law in respect to our case, so any help would be grateful.