CC put my APR up but no offer to settle at old rate

Vashda Nerada

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Feel free to move this thread if I've put it in the wrong place. :)

My credit card provider wrote at the bottom of my statement in June 09 (in teeny wee letters) that my APR would be increased and stated the new rate. That was all they said, no explanation why. They also didn't give me the option of settling at the old rate.

I've been told by others that they didn't think this fitted with the correct notification procedure and I also should have been told about the option to keep the debt at the lower APR.

Just wondered if anyone had some advice on how I should deal with this. Had I been offered the option of settling at the old rate I'd have taken it, but up till today I wasn't aware that any of this existed, I thought I just had to suck it up and deal with it.

Thanks

I heard Martin lewis talking about this on the radio the other day and he said something along the lines of "if they don't notify you, you are able to write to the CC and tell them you don't accept the new rate and they have to leave it at the original". It is just what is classed as notification.

I hope this helps.