• Tweets

• 100's of like threads here  you found this forum get reading up.   the most basic thing you must do is simply write to the bank concerned and inform them of your current and correct address.
    • Hi,    Looking for some guidance here,   as with most people here left the UAE due to complications with my work, I came back to the UK over 6 years ago now and my brother has started to receive letters from IDRWW over the last 5-6 weeks asking to make contact or they will take it further. We are twins but our middle name is different.   He has made no contact with them as said it has nothing to do with him and they are contacting the wrong person. I did originally try to contact the bank when I originally came back to set up a payment plan to pay it off but they were not having any off it. The original debt was around £10k but the letter states 7 times the amount!    Looking for some feedback here, does my brother continue to ignore their letters? I have a home in my name and my wife's and I can't under no circumstance jeopardise that or risk it especially in the current climate.    Thanks in advance. 
    • Hi,   I work for a delivery company based in South of England that employs 3 London drivers. We only work 3 days a week and a total of 21 hours.   We were all placed on 80% Furlough again last December, in which has been extended until end of September 2021.   We all received an email a few weeks ago to advise that they were intending to resume London deliveries on Monday 12th April and due to the reduced number of customers that only one driver would be required.    One of the drivers resigned, so there is now only two of us. Therefore they suggested that we alternate between the two (some days furlough / some days full pay) but no holiday to be taken in the meantime due to no cover. Can they chose to do this, while using the furlough scheme?    I am not trying to look a gift horse and I am grateful to still have a job but I am only trying to cover myself from any possible implications in the future.   On checking my payslips in which I had to request as they were not forwarded, should the Furlough gross figure equate to 80% of my usual gross monthly salary?   Also if any holiday pay taken during furlough, should it be paid at 100% of my daily pay and not 80%?   Should my Work Place pension, tax and NIC be deducted from monthly pay?    Should the notification have been in writing rather than a brief email? Should there have been anything else to mention or agreed to?   There is also the issue about being asked to return to work considering that drivers have not been vaccinated or do not feel safe and we have received no delivery covid protocols information.   I have tried looking at the government and other websites but all seems rather unclear.    Apologies for all the questions but any advice would be appreciated or what I need to review or ask.   Many thanks for looking.    
    • It has been pointed out by rereading the contract:   The contract says, Vehicle Control Services, Company Number 02881745 but Companies House says this is the company number for London Southend Airport Company Limited. The contract says the client is London Southend Airport Company Limited, Company Number 02078271, but Companies House says this is the company number for the East Midlands International Airport Limited. A doubly false instrument.   How funny!   Can I object the appeal the application? if so what's procedure?   Obviously the application completely ignored the second judgement:  The Claimant's representative stating that without such information and evidence the Claimant could not prove his claim.
    • Firstly, I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I am new here and a bit unsure as to how it all works.    My issue is with a contract for a gym membership. I took out a 12 month membership in October 2020. I wanted to hand in my notice for this October. I have been informed that I will be able to leave the gym in April 2022. I have made a complaint and made reference to The Consumer Rights act and letting them know that what they are dong is unfair. I Specifically directed them to Schedule 2 Consumer contract terms which may be regarded as unfair :  A term which has the object or effect of making an agreement binding on the consumer in a case where the provision of services by the trader is subject to a condition whose realisation depends on the trader’s will alone.  A term which has the object or effect of automatically extending a contract of fixed duration where the consumer does not indicate otherwise, when the deadline fixed for the consumer to express a desire not to extend the contract is unreasonably early. A term which has the object or effect of enabling the trader to alter the terms of the contract unilaterally without a valid reason which is specified in the contract.    Their response was the following:     In response to your first email, regarding a cooling off period, looking at your accounts, both you and your partner used the club after signing the membership amendment, before the closure in November and again before the closure in December.  Therefore the cooling off period is not applicable in this particular situation.   Please see below a link to our terms and conditions.   https://www.roko.co.uk/membership-terms   As you will note under Clause 2.3, it states clearly (in italics)   ‘For the avoidance of doubt, you are obliged to make every monthly payment regardless of non attendance, whatever the reason for non attendance might be, except during suspension of membership with prior notice in accordance with clause 4 below.’   Clause 4 only allows suspension for specific reason.   The contract therefore is not voided by a pandemic and the contract obligation to pay is not impacted by the fact that a pandemic has been the reason for non attendance, as pandemic is not a contractual reason for suspension.   The Club, in recognition of this, have extended the reasons for suspension under clause 4 and ensured that all memberships have been suspended (without the £5 per person fee) whilst the club has been closed due to the pandemic.  Under clause 4.3 and 4.4 it clearly states ‘suspended members must honour their minimum membership period at the contracted rate upon returning from suspension.  Notice cannot be served under suspension’ and  ‘Suspended months do not count towards the minimum membership period’.   Once the Club was reopens and the suspension period ends, the contract terms above remain in force in respect of the notice period and the minimum term.   Roko have always worked closely with legal authorities and in a recent investigation (Sept 2020) by Trading Standards it was subsequently confirmed that our terms and conditions meet current guidelines and no unfair terms or business practices which affect the collective interests of consumers could be identified. It was also found that the suspension process implemented by Roko during lockdown was fair to members and that cancellation notice provided by members during lockdown does not count towards the notice period of the membership.   I hope this addresses the specific legal questions that you have raised in respect of the contract. This is the position advised by our legal team who would be happy to discuss this with you.   To reconfirm, I have amended our records as follows to ensure the membership ends at the 12 month mark: ·         First Months’ Notice – 1st February 2022 ·         Second Months’ Notice – 1st March 2022 ·         Third Months’ Notice – 1st April 2022 ·         Final Day In Club – 30th April 2022   As previously mentioned, there are a couple of alternative options available.  These are:   1)       You can pay a settlement fee to terminate the membership earlier than the minimum contracted period   2)      Transfer the membership to a family member or friend who will take over the membership as their own and carry out the remainder of the contract.   Any help/advice would be great.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 32 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

• Recommended Topics

Please Help! Received text from Apex

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a text message this afternoon that reads:

Dear .........

We have been passed your account by out client. Visit https://maapex.apexcm.co.uk or call us on 0871 etc etc

I have no idea who has passed my account to these people and I don't intend to ring the 0871 no. Should I just wait for a letter? Is it legal to send these texts?

Thanks in advance.

Ignore them until you get something in writing. They are fishing and more than likely texting several people with the same or similar name.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi. I too received a text today from myapex.apexcm.co.uk today saying that my account had been passed to them by their client. I rang the number to find out what it was about and found out that it appears Egg have sold one of my accounts to them...I have two Egg accounts, both of which I have been paying a set amount to as agreed due to financial difficulties. I have done this for the past 2.5 years and never missed a payment. I have emailed Egg to find out what is going on and what is happening to the other account I have with them...no response as yet. Apex told me I have 48 hours to contact them with a detailed breakdown of my incomings/outgoings...am now really distressed about this due to information I have read about them on the internet tonight....help!:(

As above don't do anything until you have something in writing and don't send them an I&E either.

SD

I have no legal training and any knowledge I possess is based on my own experiences

Previously on the forum as Diamond Girl but still having problems logging back in

What even though they told me I had to do it within 48 hours? Should I wait for them to contact me in writing or should I be writing something to them? Sorry if I sound really dumb...the person I spoke to sound very official and said that Egg were quite within their rights to sell on my debt without informing me as I had broken the original credit agreement by defaulting although I haven't broken my subsequent payment plan...EVER!

Thanks for replies....

Celbin, I too have an account with Egg, so am assuming that my text is ref to the Egg account. I am also making regular monthly payments by Standing Order and have done for over 2 years. I am now due a review with Egg and have been expecting them to get in touch with me anytime.

I have a letter from Egg that they sent 6 months ago confirming what my payment should be for the next 6 months and saying that they would contact me again for a review.

Are they able to just sell the debt like this when I have been making payments that they agreed to???

Hi Booklover....sounds like we're in exactly the same boat! I too was told in April 2009 that they would contact me in 6 months (October 2009) to review my circumstances and as yet I have heard nothing about either account. That's what I don't understand either, I understand I broke the original agreement but I have kept to the subsequent one for the last 2.5 years so how can they sell it with no notification? It's just crap isn't it?:mad:

What even though they told me I had to do it within 48 hours? Should I wait for them to contact me in writing or should I be writing something to them? Sorry if I sound really dumb...the person I spoke to sound very official and said that Egg were quite within their rights to sell on my debt without informing me as I had broken the original credit agreement by defaulting although I haven't broken my subsequent payment plan...EVER!

Wait until you get something in writing, the telephone monkey you spoke to is commission orientated and doesn't know what planet he's on let alone anything else.

When they do contact you start a new thread here and we'll advise, meanwhile do not speak to them on the 'phone. If they ring you tell them you will only communicate in writing and hang up. They will not commit to paper the rubbish they'll spout on the 'phone. ;)

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for that Cerberusalert, it's just so annoying not knowing who to believe and what to do, conflicting advice all over the place! I shall not respond to them and see what happens.

Certainly is crap! Egg have been really good about my financial difficulties and I have made damn sure my standing order was set up so that I never missed any payments. Egg even told me on the phone that as long as I was making the agreed payments the debt would stay with them. I'm still only assuming that this is Egg in my case, but it sounds likely.......our experiences are identical!

Me too, I had my interest frozen and am now worried that these monkeys from Apex are going to start adding stupid amounts of interest to my debt, will just have to wait and see what happens I guess, let me know if you hear anything Booklover.

Celbin - again.....same here, my interest was also frozen. I owe quite a bit, so if they charge interest i am going to be getting nowhere. I'm just going to wait for a letter and if it is about my Egg account, I am likely to challenge Egg first as to why this was sold on when they were due to review my account. As it happens I could probably have stretched to pay a bit more. I'm not going to worry about it......they can't have what I havent got and I have been making regular payments.

The first thing to do when they do contact you in writing is to send them a CCA request to see whether there is an enforceable agreement in place & they have the right to collect. As for adding interest and charges, if the a/c has been sold on to a DCA 99.9% of the time they cannot legally add these charges.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

If they are unable to provide an enforceable copy of your credit agreement you can legally withold payments & they cannot take any legal enforcement.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Booklover I also owed quite on both cards in total although this has come down quite a bit with the frozen interest, and that's what I'm worried about with Apex buying my debt, it will just feel like all my hard work has been for nothing!

If they have bought the debt they cannot add interest or charges.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks cerberusalert that is certainly a relief...after years of paying and finally seeing the wood for the trees it's nice to know that they can't hike it right back up again!

Hi

I am in the same situation, received a text from Apex 2 days ago, ignored it. Received a letter today informing me that they have purchased my account and all rights interest and claims in respect of all amounts outstanding on this account (from Egg)

It is 'apparently' imperative that I contact them regarding the existing arrangement I have with Egg, in order to set up a new arrangement.

I will send them the same letter I sent to Egg when I set up the new arrangement with them.

I was wondering how much they purchased my account for, can I request this info under the freedom of information act?

If I go to there website they seem keen for me to pay off the whole debt by making a reduced offer. https://myapex.apexcm.co.uk/settlements anyone know the lowest offer these peoiple might accept?

Jeremy