Please Help! Received text from Apex

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a text message this afternoon that reads:

Dear .........

We have been passed your account by out client. Visit https://maapex.apexcm.co.uk or call us on 0871 etc etc

I have no idea who has passed my account to these people and I don't intend to ring the 0871 no. Should I just wait for a letter? Is it legal to send these texts?

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I too received a text today from myapex.apexcm.co.uk today saying that my account had been passed to them by their client. I rang the number to find out what it was about and found out that it appears Egg have sold one of my accounts to them...I have two Egg accounts, both of which I have been paying a set amount to as agreed due to financial difficulties. I have done this for the past 2.5 years and never missed a payment. I have emailed Egg to find out what is going on and what is happening to the other account I have with them...no response as yet. Apex told me I have 48 hours to contact them with a detailed breakdown of my incomings/outgoings...am now really distressed about this due to information I have read about them on the internet tonight....help!:(

What even though they told me I had to do it within 48 hours? Should I wait for them to contact me in writing or should I be writing something to them? Sorry if I sound really dumb...the person I spoke to sound very official and said that Egg were quite within their rights to sell on my debt without informing me as I had broken the original credit agreement by defaulting although I haven't broken my subsequent payment plan...EVER!

Thanks for replies....

Celbin, I too have an account with Egg, so am assuming that my text is ref to the Egg account. I am also making regular monthly payments by Standing Order and have done for over 2 years. I am now due a review with Egg and have been expecting them to get in touch with me anytime.

I have a letter from Egg that they sent 6 months ago confirming what my payment should be for the next 6 months and saying that they would contact me again for a review.

Are they able to just sell the debt like this when I have been making payments that they agreed to???

Hi Booklover....sounds like we're in exactly the same boat! I too was told in April 2009 that they would contact me in 6 months (October 2009) to review my circumstances and as yet I have heard nothing about either account. That's what I don't understand either, I understand I broke the original agreement but I have kept to the subsequent one for the last 2.5 years so how can they sell it with no notification? It's just crap isn't it?:mad:

What even though they told me I had to do it within 48 hours? Should I wait for them to contact me in writing or should I be writing something to them? Sorry if I sound really dumb...the person I spoke to sound very official and said that Egg were quite within their rights to sell on my debt without informing me as I had broken the original credit agreement by defaulting although I haven't broken my subsequent payment plan...EVER!

Wait until you get something in writing, the telephone monkey you spoke to is commission orientated and doesn't know what planet he's on let alone anything else.

When they do contact you start a new thread here and we'll advise, meanwhile do not speak to them on the 'phone. If they ring you tell them you will only communicate in writing and hang up. They will not commit to paper the rubbish they'll spout on the 'phone. ;)

Certainly is crap! Egg have been really good about my financial difficulties and I have made damn sure my standing order was set up so that I never missed any payments. Egg even told me on the phone that as long as I was making the agreed payments the debt would stay with them. I'm still only assuming that this is Egg in my case, but it sounds likely.......our experiences are identical!

Me too, I had my interest frozen and am now worried that these monkeys from Apex are going to start adding stupid amounts of interest to my debt, will just have to wait and see what happens I guess, let me know if you hear anything Booklover.

Celbin - again.....same here, my interest was also frozen. I owe quite a bit, so if they charge interest i am going to be getting nowhere. I'm just going to wait for a letter and if it is about my Egg account, I am likely to challenge Egg first as to why this was sold on when they were due to review my account. As it happens I could probably have stretched to pay a bit more. I'm not going to worry about it......they can't have what I havent got and I have been making regular payments.

The first thing to do when they do contact you in writing is to send them a CCA request to see whether there is an enforceable agreement in place & they have the right to collect. As for adding interest and charges, if the a/c has been sold on to a DCA 99.9% of the time they cannot legally add these charges.

Booklover I also owed quite on both cards in total although this has come down quite a bit with the frozen interest, and that's what I'm worried about with Apex buying my debt, it will just feel like all my hard work has been for nothing!

Hi

I am in the same situation, received a text from Apex 2 days ago, ignored it. Received a letter today informing me that they have purchased my account and all rights interest and claims in respect of all amounts outstanding on this account (from Egg)

It is 'apparently' imperative that I contact them regarding the existing arrangement I have with Egg, in order to set up a new arrangement.

I will send them the same letter I sent to Egg when I set up the new arrangement with them.

I was wondering how much they purchased my account for, can I request this info under the freedom of information act?

If I go to there website they seem keen for me to pay off the whole debt by making a reduced offer. https://myapex.apexcm.co.uk/settlements anyone know the lowest offer these peoiple might accept?

Jeremy