Natwest adding charges every other day

chickenfeet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right

I have a personal loand and an overdraft with Cr*pwest and due to redundancy over the past 6 months have been unable to keep up with the repayments, they adding charges of around £75 every other week, so both the O/D and loan are getting out of control.

The loan is £12.5k and overdraft (with all the charges) £3900

I wanted advise on what to do next? Do i wait until they default me and that way the interest will be frozen. I am a homeowner and my partner knows nothing about these debts!

Help!

I really worried. I took the loan out in 2008 and the overdraft has been on my account for years but increased earlier this year.

Not sure what to do or how to sort this out????

Thanks

the first thing to understand is that you can reclaim all of your bank charges going back to 1995 if you can get hold of the information which shows that you have paid them.

You say that you have attracted charges so far of £3900. How far back do these charges go?

have you taken into consideration all the interest which has been taken from you on those charges? -- This includes any interest which you have been paying on overdrafts to the extent that that overdraft is comprised of charges? Do you understand that if you have paid charges then it means the bank owes you money -- and that means that any overdraft element is really your money, not the banks money, and you should not be required to pay interest on it. If you have paid interest then you should claim that back.

unfortunately for you, your loan is taken out in 2008 and this means is taken out under the new rules. Unless you have some basis to show that you were dominated unfairly by the bank when they lend you the money, then the loan will be binding on you.

You should certainly start claiming back all of your bank charges and you should write to the bank and put them on notice that the account is in dispute certainly so far as any bank charges element goes and point out to them that they very well know that within the next two weeks the Supreme Court will be handing down his judgement and that the unlawfulness of charges will be established. Tell them that if they continue taking charges from you in the circumstances then you will complain to the Office of Fair Trading. Reminder bank that under new regulations drawn up by the FSA, the bank is required to treat you fairly.

The best bet is to start signing about all of your bank charges.

Also you will probably feel a lot better if you let your partner know all about it.