congestion charge fine - 3 weeks later

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, all

On Saturday 7th I received a letter with a congestion charge fine.

It stated that I had to pay the fine before the 4th or it would go up.

Unfortuately my time machine isnt working yet, so I guess they will force me to pay the larger amount

OR

Do I have to pay at all?

Isnt there a trestruiction that says fines must be recieved within 2 weeks or they are not valid?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Note and sign on the envelope the date of receipt.

What dates of issue are shown on the enforcement notice?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Write to them and explain that you have only just received the notice (give them the date) and ask if they will extend the discounted period.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

My wife had the same thing for stopping on the red route, the NTO arrived and said we ignored the PCN or whatever it was that was served the month before... I called up and they had no problem accepting the less amount. We have still never received anything from TFL except the NTO. I wasn't allowed to fight this one, the guilty wife made me pay up!