wonga

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

helping sis out.and never dealt with these type before, so need to check if i'm telling her correct.

she was due to pay on 7th (sat) she was not payed on 30th oct

several e-mails sent by her asking to set up a payment plan ignored.so she called them on thurday.

they told her to let it default,and gave her a name and number to call today..collections.

received e-mail on saturday saying urgent contact needed and charged £10 for failed transaction.

she calls the guy today who refused to set up a arrangement without written proof that she had not been payed,could not take her word for it.refused to give their bank details so she could set up standing order.

and told her that they would continue adding interest daily,and continue collection ?

have taken her to the bank closed account and card.and opened one at another bank.

she had a new landline number last week,so they can not call that.they do have mobile.and e-mail.

any idea on what hassle she will get?

and what will happen next?

should she put the offer in writting?

balance was £217 friday and today £232,she offered £25 a week and they said that would not be enough anyway.

SAM

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks robjam,

already had 5 text.

she had e-mail saying that she must contact within 48 hours or "further action will be taken.

now she has told me exactly what he said( THREATENED) we will be calling them tomorrow, lets hope they spout the same crap again when it's recorded.

SAM

Go get 'em Sam !!

Watching with interest.

lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

As a general rule no point in talking to wonga- a certain Max can be very unpleasant. However not such a bad idea if you don't take them seriously and record it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It was MAX

will be asking for him today:!:cag style

well managed to speak to a "lady" as hard max was not available.

put a complaint in about his laughable statements.and threats. told her that the offer is £25 week by standing order.take it or leave it.

she tried to get her to agree to card payments, :Dafter stating that she agrees or gets nothing.

on condition that she first confirms in writting the amount that it stands at today and no further interest will be added,on receipt of that will it be set up.

she agreed and gave sis their bank details.so we will wait for this letter.(did record it and told her afterwards)

followed up by email.

said if we do not received written confirmation.no further calls will be made.

no calls will be excepted ever,and suggest that they do not even attempt to threaten a doorstep visit.

not had reply yet:rolleyes:

SAM

to be truthfull she was just pushy to get the money by card.but I do worry for them that fall for their crap.it was funny actually trying to mouth to sis what her response should be.

but the max one the day before came out with all sorts of crap.including if she did pay they would take her straight to court;)if she did not confirm in writting that she had not been payed,they would call her works and check.

she has had no response to e-mail.told her if they do not put it in writting,pay nothing and wait for it to go to dca.

actually she gave her sort code and number,but did not say what bank,don't know if that makes a difference.

SAM

letter received last friday..... not we except your offer:(

It was a pay up or else.

she sent e-mail ,again this was ignored.

e-mails received sat and sun "please contact us"

"we are here to help" pay now and restore our faith in you,and you can borrow again.

and todays classic.received at 12.48 am urgent

"we will report to credit file"

solicitor or 3rd party to collect or visit.

balance now gone up to 340 ,in their dreams.

recorded letter on the way to these cretins,ready to play:D

SAM

no response to the letter signed for last week.

letter basically said that she had made a offer,it had been excepted with interest stopped.

and they had not confirmed this but deceided to bombard with threats etc.

she told them that if it is put in writting for the original amount of £217 a family member:pmeaning me will pay it in full.

if not pass it to dca or take her to court,as she will not respond further.

e-mails stopped from thursday:D

if she gets dca now.should it be cca request.?

as it was online she had to tick to except t&c and print surname in another box.

would that be enforcable if they send a copy of that?

SAM

• 4 weeks later...

heard nothing since end november.

e-mail today entitled

REPAYMENT FAILURE

your promised repayment of £250???????by debit card has not been honoured:rolleyes:

they will attempt to collect again in 7 days and if it is not honoured we MAY take further action.

urged to call today and make card payment,and if she pays £470:eek:to clear her balance she can re-loan:D

e-mail response sent.

1.As the balance owed is £217(as agreed in the recorded telephone call) I decline your offer to pay £470

2.As the LAST and ONLY permission given to yourselves by myself to remove funds was 7th november 2009,I look forward to you producing evidence that gave you the right to attempt to obtain £250 today.

3.As this card and account have not been in use since 9th november 2009 a further attempt will again prove fruitless,but I look forward to your confirmation of a further REPAYMENT FAILURE.

NO REPAYMENT OFFER HAS NEVER BEEN ARRANGED OR AGREED TO BY MYSELF AND CERTAINLEY NOT FOR A HIGHER AMOUNT THAN THE ACTUAL BALANCE OWED.

I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR FURTHER ACTION.

I am in similar position, in that they will not accept a payment plan and are adding grotesque interest onto the loan.Is this legal for them to get away with what they are adding onto the balance - my loan was £200 and with interest at beginning at December was £317.00 10 days after the missed payment date!

I am going to start making payments into their account in January, I have their bank details. Once the original amount is paid (should be within 2 months) I will hope the parasites will then go away. Who are the best people to threathen to report them to about the interest they are adding and refusal of payment plans?

Cheers

Willo

I am in similar position, in that they will not accept a payment plan and are adding grotesque interest onto the loan.Is this legal for them to get away with what they are adding onto the balance - my loan was £200 and with interest at beginning at December was £317.00 10 days after the missed payment date!

I am going to start making payments into their account in January, I have their bank details. Once the original amount is paid (should be within 2 months) I will hope the parasites will then go away. Who are the best people to threathen to report them to about the interest they are adding and refusal of payment plans?

Cheers

Willo

I am in the same situation they are totally ignoring all email and secure messages through their website.I am not going to pay them any more than originly borrowed due to their ignorance and crap aptitude.

Hi everyone

i agreed to a repayment plan with wonga over 12 months at 51 per month to start in dec. i did this after paying a token payment of £40 in november. They set it up on the website as a 12 month plan and i sent 1st payment via s.o. as planned. ive had emails since then saying i have not paid and today they said i owe full amount plus interest again.

i did it over the phone as stressed out with email game and it was logged up on their website.

ive emailed them all week then againtonight so hopefully they will reinstate the plan- in any case i can prove via the bank that ive paid.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Dont bother with a plan with Wonga, they will only move the goalposts and add more ridiculous interest. Let it go to their DCA and then you can start making payments with them. Do not pay them any further money, as they have shown previously to be devious and deceitful.

agree.they either do not know or care what they are doing.:rolleyes:

half the e-mails received have been in the early hours,including sundays,

me thinks a cretin is working from home,maybe hard max...

had no response to yesterdays e-mail.

she will not bother to respond again and wait NOW for their fake solicitor to contact.

then hopefully dca so it can be sorted.:D

and god will it make my decade if it is LOWELL.

SAM

identical e-mails received every day since 29th dec.

including 4.36am NEW YRS DAY.

stored and not responded:D

todays timed at 3.31 am

entitled

broken repayment final e-mail.

had every opportunity to respond and given the option to repay

they now MAY instruct their sols to collect

they MAY take further action including registering "conduct with cra"

balance now £509:rolleyes:

you must contact within 24hours

THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING.

am sooooooooooooooooooooooo scared,muppets.

SAM

Had response from Wonga offering a 6 month payment plan which I surprised about. The balance however has grown from £259 to £430 based on 48 days interest since the default.

Their proposal is to make 6 x £80 installments. What would peoples advice be about how I approach this. Should I just go along with it and when I pay the total I actually received, just simply advise them I will not be paying anything more as the balance now represents only interest?

Happy to PM the email if anyone wants to read, just let me know .

Cheers

W

Cheers robjam,

I think I will go ahead and pay them by standing order and once I reach the original agreed loan amout. I will send them a letter outling I have paid what was originally owed and to forget about their scandolous interest. The email was from the head of their customer services, he did however remove the £50 default fee, how very kind!

Willo

I reached a similar agreement and interest was frozen from what was going to be the default date on the initial loan ... took a few emails to get it sorted but now pleased with the outcome -- and the loan should be paid off in 3 months.

Good Luck!

Just been reading their web site. Theoretically borrowing £1 for 1 day could end up costing you £3253 if you dont pay back for 12 months at APR of 3253% unless they start adding compound interest then the skys the limit. Another thought, if they chatge interest on the set up fee you could times this by at least 5