Has anyone used Slimming World, and if so did you get results?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey there, I gave up smoking 5 years ago, and I'm afraid that although I won that battle, I am loosing the one with my waistline (or where my waistline used to be). I went to my hairdresser's recently and they were all looking fab. Someone had lost 3 stone, she herself had lost 2 1/2 stone. She said that they started going to Slimming World months ago and said that it's really good. I have never done anything like Weight Watchers etc, I used to be lucky enough to not bother (was a size 6, but at under 5 foot it wasn't too drastic). I have never been in the practice of weighing myself either. I need to do something, it is getting out of hand and after seeing their results am thinking of giving it a go. I was wondering if anyone on here had tried it, and if so what did they think? I'm looking for something that works but is sustainable. I do have a target as I am a bridesmaid in 7 months and I refuse to be the fat bridesmaid. It's bad enough that I'm going to be the midget. The rest of the wedding party are tall, even the 9 year old flower girl is taller than me. I refuse to look like an Umpa Lumpa! All kidding aside, I want to tackle this before it becomes too big a problem. I used to go to a gym but am unable to get there at the moment. I will hopefully be back at the gym in the next few months but want a balanced diet as well. Also should mention I would have to do the online version as I can't get to their meetings. I don't know if that will make a big difference. So, ladies, Men, Animals and vegetables, have you tried it, and did it work?:???:

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

My other half has dabbled, as has my mother. The only thing that strikes me as being a little peculiar is exactly what Hilary has said - you can eat an unlimited amount of certain things. According to the diet you could eat an unlimited supply of oven chips(!). I guess the best way to lose weight is to ensure that you exercise regularly and watch what you eat.

:eek: Ooh, that does sound a bit odd. I could understand it if they said Celery, as Celery burns up more calories to digest than it contains. But Chips????? I thought that would be a huge no no!! I have never done a real 'diet' in my life, I know what's healthy and what isn't (as we all do), but I seem to go through phases of being 'good' and 'bad' and I think it would help me to have some guidence. I feel a bit lost. Me trying to be healthy and balanced on my own just isn't working. My hairdresser has reached her target now and says she is just maintaining it now so she still goes but it's free. She isn't going to stop following it as the weight would go back on, but she finds it easy to follow. I want something that is easy to follow, not too restrictive, something realistic that has a good balance that I can do long term. I'm not looking at it as a short term solution, I want something that I can stick to. As I've never really delved into it too much, I don't know which ones are ok. The salon staff look great, but it's only a handfull of people and I wanted a few more opinions before I part with any hard earned pennies. I also have hyper mobile joints, so I am limited to what exercise I can do, but one of the main things i have to watch out for with my joints is my weight. My legs are really hurting due to the excess weight and my already weak joints and I'm dreading the cold winter weather. Cheers guys for your help!!! It's very much appreciated. This is totally unchartered water for me. Edited by Mungypup

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

I also have hyper mobile joints, so I am limited to what exercise I can do, but one of the main things i have to watch out for with my joints is my weight. My legs are really hurting due to the excess weight and my already weak joints and I'm dreading the cold winter weather. Cheers guys for your help!!! It's very much appreciated. This is totally unchartered water for me.

This sounds very similar to my mother, she has serious mobility issues at times which are amplified in the colder months. She likes aqua arobics as it helps with the joints and the pool is really warm where she goes.

This sounds very similar to my mother, she has serious mobility issues at times which are amplified in the colder months. She likes aqua arobics as it helps with the joints and the pool is really warm where she goes.

Thanks Sequenci. I was told by docs that swimming would be the best exercise due to the lask of impact on joints, thing is, I HATE swimming and I hate aerobics! The only time I swim is if on holiday and the water is shallow enough to stand and I'll snorkle and chase fish. Chasing people is rather boring and can lead to being banned :p

Mungy Pup

Thanks Sequenci. I was told by docs that swimming would be the best exercise due to the lask of impact on joints, thing is, I HATE swimming and I hate aerobics! The only time I swim is if on holiday and the water is shallow enough to stand and I'll snorkle and chase fish. Chasing people is rather boring and can lead to being banned :p

I find it really boring too! It is made a little easier now that they have invented waterproof earphones for ipods! It's a great exercise as it can mix cardio with resistance.

It is made a little easier now that they have invented waterproof earphones for ipods!

Oooh, did not know about this!! I just may have to look into it...:)

Mungy Pup

I did Lighterlife about 3 1/2 years ago. I lost 6 1/2 stone in 20 weeks. Mind you I had it to lose. Since then with regular excercise inc. gym, and road running, sensible diet most of the time, and the occasional couple of weeks (usually after holidays) back on the packs with a light meal in the evening I have managed to keep much of it off. I say much, as at the bottom weight I didn't look good so have deliberately allowed 1 1/2 to go back on, but that's where I keep it.

Its not easy and not for everyone.

Bigglesw

I'll try and find the link for you in a while! (I'm at work at the mo!)

Thanks chuck :D

Mungy Pup

Have to admit I have a wii fit. I work from home so I think it can be difficult to get into the mood to go on it. I'm still getting used to working from home. I find it odd living, working and working out all in the same environment. I used to like going out to work and then going to them gym, and then comig home to relax.

Mungy Pup

I do know what you mean! I try to stick to the same time everyday to get into a routine. Mainly i do the 20 minute free step listening to my ipod and I also go for a walk everyday. I prefer that than going to a gym! I assure you i am no 'skinny minnie' but i think it has helped!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cheers louise111, shame there is no magic pill or wand. I think the battle of the bulge is starting to feel worse than the battle of the ciggies! :mad:

I think I am going to join Slimming World. Has anyone done the online version (I can't get to the meetings)? I think i'll give it a go for a trial period. That said, I will have to get off my backside also. Food alone isn't going to do it. I shall win this war!

Mungy Pup

Hi Mungy,

Why don't you try doing a Mungys motivational thread with a kind of diary on it.. people might like to join you and you can encourage each other..

I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds and I could definitely do with getting some regular exercise..

just a thought.. :cool::)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Ooh, that's a good Idea Spammy!!! I think i'll give it a go! We can all give each other tips and egg each other on. Im full of a cold at the mo (excuses excuses;)) so Im going to start Monday. I figure i'll tackle it the same way I did with smoking. Set a date, and stick to it. I'm thinking I will join slimming world, and as louise1111 suggested setting a set time for the wii fit. May also take some walks during the day too, go feed the ducky's or something. The cold will make me walk briskly, and it will be nice to get out of the house.

Mungy Pup