Cash Genie/Hamilton McCarthy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:(I recieved a letter today from Hamilton McCarthy, to the current occupier of my address and legal assistance required. The letter was asking to locate me as a door stop collection agency or bailiff needs to make a visit...

Not sure if this has been sent to all my neighbours!

I rang the company asking what it is all about as they know I live here, I have a payment plan with Cash Genie set up. They said that I had broken my plan and now need a token payment of a pound, so I could go back on track. When I told him that I did not have it he said you can two pound by begging in the street............I am so upset by this and really scared.

I explained that I will probably have some money in my account on Friday, so he said ok and he would take 1.00 on Friday, so I have him my card number.

On reflection I think I have done the wrong thing as I have now learnt that they are linked to Cash Genie.

I thought everything was ok with Cash Genie, I have been talking to Barry who has been very helpful.

I feel sick now and scared. I know I owe them money and have every intention in paying them back hence the payment plan.

What can I do, if anything?

Thanks

GET YOUR CARD CANCELLED NOW - they will take every penny out of your bank. You need to get a letter to your bank clearly stating they have no legal right to take money from you. I would also go to the police as the guy on the phone had clearly overstated his authority and scared you. They may say it is a civil matter and tell them that it is a matter for the 'Money Laundering and Illegal Lending squad.'

Get another bank account set up asap and have your wages paid into that. Don't give out the new bank account details to ANYONE, use the old bank account for transactions, that is the only way to stop the account being emptied on payday, been there and had it happen twice.

Hi

Sillygirl is right - helpful Barry will certainly empty your account. This is why he is happy to let you think he will be happy with a quid. He only wants your bank card details

Personally I would rather beg on the streets than do what he does for a living.

Tempting to record their phone calls to you. I believe menacing phone calls are not a civil matter!