Can I claim unfair charges back on a paid up CC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in 2001 I defaulted on a Cap 1 credit card. Since that time I have paid it off in full at a small amount per month and obviously I no longer have the CC. I am now wondering if it is possible to still reclaim all the unfair and excess charges on this card even though I have paid it off and "finished" with it and if so how far back could I claim?

Yes, send a sar to get copies of statements & you can claim back to 1995.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Very interesting, what about CCJs that have been paid on CC and loan debts, or would that be opening a can of worms.

"Always ask for a CCA, Simples".

Thanks for that Cerberusalert. Could you please just explain to me why I can go as far back as 1995? I assumed that it would only be 6 years back. Sorry if I am being a bit thick here.

Thanks for that Cerberusalert. Could you please just explain to me why I can go as far back as 1995? I assumed that it would only be 6 years back. Sorry if I am being a bit thick here.

See; The Consumer Forums - After the heat. - What are the issues after the OFT victory on bank charges?

How far back will repayments go?

The conventional wisdom is that claim can go back six years. The FSA waiver has frozen the conventional limitation period so that aims can go back to 2001. The law would allow claims to go back to 1995.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very interesting, what about CCJs that have been paid on CC and loan debts, or would that be opening a can of worms.

You can still reclaim charges AFAIK.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]