FDPM WELL -V-BOS (Preference Account) ***WON***

fdpm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Excellent news :)

M

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know... and once again a huge Thank You to RMW and Fred and all the others on here who have helped me... there were times when I thought it was all too much but now know that if we persevere and stay on our path, the right results happen! I feel Good.....so good, so good, tee hee hee!!!

I'm a L-Plate cagger - new at all this but determined to learn as much as I can, to help as many others as I can, and to fight back as often as I can!:-x

Any help or advice from me is offered in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience gained either from here or from my own cases. I am NOT a legal expert. There are several other CAG members and the site team who are much better qualified than me. Please do not make any decisions based on my advice alone.

Donate as much as you can to this site as often as you can! We need to keep on helping each other.

This is excellent news. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Can one of you experts let me know if this would be a good letter to send re LIP costs?

I am in receipt of your letter dated xxxxxxx and the enclosed Notice of Discontinuance; the contents of which have been duly noted.

I would advise your Client, that as I have complete and valid defence to the Claim your Client has raised against me, that any further attempts at proceeding further collection activities against me will leave me with no option but to apply for the discontinuance to be set aside.

However, if your client will agree to discharge me from the alleged debt and remove all data from my credit file held at any and all agencies to whom this information has been passed then I will gladly accept their Discontinuance.

Furthermore, as your Client has decided to discontinue with the Claim, I am, pursuant to CPR 38.6 (1), respectfully asking that your Client pay the costs which I have incurred as a result of this Claim. The sum of which I feel is reasonable.

Research of CCA 1974 and The Regulations and case laws

12 hours

Preparation of defence statements and witness statements

16 hours

Travel time – drive to xxxx and xxxx to deliver bundles

2 hours

Stationery – printing ink, paper, photocopying

Various

Total Costs incurred

The above time scales are a conservative approximation. I believe that I have spent much more time than this; however, I am, under the circumstances trying to remain reasonable.

I respectfully request that this sum be paid by way of cheque to me within 21 days and

Edited by fdpm

I'm a L-Plate cagger - new at all this but determined to learn as much as I can, to help as many others as I can, and to fight back as often as I can!:-x

Any help or advice from me is offered in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience gained either from here or from my own cases. I am NOT a legal expert. There are several other CAG members and the site team who are much better qualified than me. Please do not make any decisions based on my advice alone.

Donate as much as you can to this site as often as you can! We need to keep on helping each other.

interesting tactic- but i don't think your costs will put the sh*ts up them and it could backfire

depends how much the discontinuance was worth to you - i'll follow with interest

I wrote the letter because Supa and 42Man (amongst others) strongly suggested I should go for costs... Now I'm not so sure!

Anyone?

As I understand it; in theory: they should not come after you again and that you are entitled to costs, but I think there are many who realise theory is not practise!

I'm with diddy on this, is a bird in the hand worth more than two in the bush? On a level playing field no problems, but!

but it is another one of those 'it's your call'

kel

I have compiled a Notice of commencement of assessment of costs and a Defendants Bill of Costs and fired it off to them because the truth is I have spent months on this, not to count the hours and days of worry! They have chased me all the way to court with their lies and I feel very strongly that they should not be allowed to just change their minds at the last minute - I am chasing them now - I have lost days at work because I had to go to court, I have spent hours on research and all because they cocked up their original POCs and never sent me a valid DN. I have compiled a solid defence with the help of people on here and even have two fantastic caggers who gave me witness statements, so the bottom line is, I need the bank to pay me costs so I can donate a huge sum to the forum (on top of the ones I have already made) and also so I can truly feel like I have won.... I feel very strongly that had we gone to court next week I would have had a very good good chance of winning... there - rant over.

Congrats and well done FDPM. :D

Now go and get those wasted costs !

I see 42man has posted some links to costs; I'll add a few more.

Have a look at this post by IGNM on costs as well -

IGNM post on costs

and a B_R_W post on what else you can claim - B_R_W additional costs you can claim

Enjoy your Easter weekend.

I have decided to follow the advice of Supa and 42 Man as they are both Site Team members - I followed Supa's link to SurfaceAgents PDFs and am going to use his template... Why should the bank be allowed to completely disrupt my life for a whole year? I didn't start this fight.

I think your costs are rather conservative.

I'd look again at the number of hours taken to get to grips with the Consumer Credt Act 1974 alone ...and then the associated Statutory Instruments.

You may also claim for any time taken off work to attend the hearings.

Hi FDPM WELL

Excellent result, well done bet they won't takle you again..... I was getting worried when I hadn't heard back from you regarding witness statement was speaking to RMW but she hadn't heard from you either anyway what does that matter with the result you have achieved you should be real proud off yourself.

Unfortunately I have been poorly for the past 10 days or so and have just come on tonight and couldn't have got better news. Now I am waiting to see if they take court action on me regarding our preference account which they have been threatening to do.

ENJOY YOUR SUCCESS - YOU DESERVE IT....

Cheers

Scott

Thanks Supa - I have upped the costs - I have basically followed the guidance of surfaceagents post that you had guided someone else too ( I came across it this morning!) and anyway - it looked good so I used it as a sort of template... Thank you for your help - if I get the sum I've asked for, I can assure you there will be a big chunk of it coming to CAG.

Hi Scott - sorry to hear you been poorly - us too, my partner very ill and both parents suffering (they are in late 80s!) bless... If you want any of my evidence or defence stuff if they take you to court, just shout!

Hi FDPM

Sorry to hear you have all been ill, it can't be easy trying to juggle all the caring I know my wife has a hard time at time especially when we had her terminally ill father staying with us who had parkinsons and Alzheimers disease.

Ofcourse these greedy barstewards don't take any of that into consideration and think you have nothing better to do than sit a write a defence case, but what a surprise they got eh......unfortunately due to my medication I wouldn't be able to do a defence and unfortunately this is me for the rest of my life.

Many thanks for the offer of evidence, defence stuff I shall keep you updated I have written to them rescinding(Is that what they call it) due to defective Default Notice which I think it was diddydickie that kindly helpes me with that its amazing the amount of information some people have collected on here.

As for costs you go and get every penny and more from these barstewards YOU DESERVE IT.

Cheers

Scott

Hi FDPM

The above post was posted from a relatives site as they wanted to see your thread as I have spoke so much about it. I hadn't realised that they had not logged out sorry about the confusion.

I have let everyone in my family see your thread as I think its absolutely brilliant what you have achieved as they know what like it is to suffer from Back Stabbing Banks & Finance Companies.

As I said above YOU DESERVE EVERY PENNY - SO GET IT FROM THEM I AM SURE THEY WILL THINK TWICE ABOUT CHALLENGING YOU AGAIN..GOOD ON YOU.

Again sorry for the above confusion as the message from 24233513afw was when I was showing them your thread and I started to write a post not realising they hadn't logged out.

Cheers

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

Final update - I am closing this matter now - I have requested costs and received an offer which I have responded to - I am very pleased that the law has been proven to be correct inasmuch as the banks CANNOT enforce their nasty actions when they themselves have not complied with the 'rules' and as soon as I receive the money I will be making another donation to CAG as a token of my thanks!

• 3 months later...
Hungrybear

yes and they are in other threads

The simple answer to your question is yes and no! hence their effort to change it into a current account

It is split in 2, one half loan and the other half Card.

But on mine the APR is out side tollerances (LJ Tuckey again)[/quot

are you looking for evidence regarding this Preferrence account being stated as a current account - cos i have