athena parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You didn't open it?

But that might have been their final letter that said; "We are sorry have ever troubled you with our invalid and annoying charge. In view of all the upset we may have caused you please find enclosed a cheque for £50 as our appology."

And the winning numbers for this fridays euromillions draw, But now you will never know.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Well the LRC legal recoveries letter arrived. As Greenabee18 pointed out, no signature and the content seems to suggest that I was the driver at the alleged time. They are just making things up now.

I wonder what the actual percentage is of folk being duped by this [problem]??

I wonder what the actual percentage is of folk being duped by this [problem]??

Sadly enough mugs pay to make it very much worthwhile.

regards

Hi, just recevied a letter from LRC informing me that if my outstanding account is not paid by the end of January,they will have no alternative to proceed with court proceedings against me to include a claim for costs ,interest etc,the letter has no signature just a stamp,saying yours faithfully legal recoveries &collections,anyone know what the next step is,or when they will go away.This is the fourth letter i have received since the start of this farce.

many thanks

liz

Hi, just recevied a letter from LRC informing me that if my outstanding account is not paid by the end of January,they will have no alternative to proceed with court proceedings against me to include a claim for costs ,interest etc,the letter has no signature just a stamp,saying yours faithfully legal recoveries &collections,anyone know what the next step is,or when they will go away.This is the fourth letter i have received since the start of this farce.

many thanks

liz

Well Liz, i recieved another letter, stating that if i do not pay up by the 28th of Jan, they will start proceedings. Why didn't they do it before? this is like the 10th letter saying that i am going to court. LOL!

Also the dodgy stamp at the bottom is still there! why don't they make a name up like IVAN .A. DUPE? It's so laughable!

well i am sticking by my fully loaded guns till the end!

LIZ=preservere and IGNORE!!!!:p

• 2 months later...
Hey guys, well they have passed me onto a debt collector LRC Ltd!

They said i must pay 115.00 by the 17th december otherwise they will be no alternative but to commence court proceedings against me, to include a claim for costs and interest, without further notice.

also they state "Upon entering the car park you agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions that were placed at the entrance of the car parking, and in prominent places within"

Firstly, how the hell do they know whether the signs are in prominent places!, have they travelled especially to my town to check?

Secondly, why is there no proper signature at the bottom, i mean there is a signature but it is legal recoveries + collections limited!

Now this does not look right! it appears that it has been signed in pen then scanned onto the document!

Thirdly, this makes me laugh! it states YOURS FAITHFULLY

Faithful! I don't think so sonny!!!!

what a load of old cobblers!

Has anyone else recieved a letter like this! probably loads especially as they need the cash for their christmas party and bonus!

Well my purse is firmly closed!

put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I HAVE RECIEVED A LETTER LIKE THAT ASWELL STATING IF I DONT PAY TODAY I WILL GO TO COURT!

I HAVE APPEALED TO THEM AND TOLD THEM THE REASON I WAS NOT 'PARKED' OVER THE ALLOCATED TIME AS IT WAS COMING UO TO CHRISTMAS AND THE CARPARK WAS PACKED SO IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO GET A SPACE AS I WAS HAVING TO WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO LEAVE ALONG WITH THE OTHER CARS WAITING TO GET IN. THEY DROPPED THE FINE TO £40 BUT THEN ATHENA SENT A THRETENING LETTER STATING £90 AFTER LIDL SAID £40 SO NOW IM IGNORING THEM, BECAUSE I APPEALED DO U THINK THEY WILL REALLY TAKE THIS FURTHER

I HAVE RECIEVED A LETTER LIKE THAT ASWELL STATING IF I DONT PAY TODAY I WILL GO TO COURT!

I HAVE APPEALED TO THEM AND TOLD THEM THE REASON I WAS NOT 'PARKED' OVER THE ALLOCATED TIME AS IT WAS COMING UO TO CHRISTMAS AND THE CARPARK WAS PACKED SO IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO GET A SPACE AS I WAS HAVING TO WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO LEAVE ALONG WITH THE OTHER CARS WAITING TO GET IN. THEY DROPPED THE FINE TO £40 BUT THEN ATHENA SENT A THRETENING LETTER STATING £90 AFTER LIDL SAID £40 SO NOW IM IGNORING THEM, BECAUSE I APPEALED DO U THINK THEY WILL REALLY TAKE THIS FURTHER

No it highly unlikely they will take this any further (0000.1%) however you will probably receive some more bumf. In this sort of [problem] they treat people who appeal as a "hooked fish" and persist a little bit longer with their threat-o-grams. Just ignore them is the best policy.

P.S. Turn your caps lock off. Some people will think you're shouting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Turn your caps lock off. Some people will think you're shouting.

Also, I am sure some people (like me) actually find it harder to read text in CAPS rather than in standard typing.

I got 6 letters in total, 3 from Athena and another 3 from LRC (in other words, Athena changing the letter font and colour). Not heard anything for couple of months now. Took my advice from others on this very useful consumer forum and ignored. It is a [problem] and the DVLA should be ashamed for selling our private details on to private companies like these.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys, has anyone actually been taken to court by this company.

As far as I am aware Athena don't do court.

I note the posts on here are a few months old now. Did the debt collection agency just "go away"?

If you ignore them, there is nothing else they can do, but just go away.

Appologies for dragging up an old thread but I've just got one of these tickets. Thanks in advance.

regards

After the first letter requesting info from the registered keeper asking for information regarding who was driving the car (which they have no authority to request anyway), subsequent letters jump to the conclusion that it was the registered keeper responsible. They must prove you were driving the car. They cannot do this unless you tell them. What I'm trying to say is, without any substantive evidence that you were the driver, taking such a wishy washy claim to civil court would fail. They know this and the cost that it would involve and they would most likely lose due to the ridiculous penalty sum they ask for anyway!

They play the odds and unfortunately, many people worry and pay the demand. For the cost of 6 stamps, if they can scare you into paying their demand, they've made a very very tidy profit.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just registered with this site purely to thank you all for your advice on this matter. You put my mind at ease. I will be ignoring my 'Charge Certificate. Does not lesson some of the anger though.

FYI. I called Lidl to complain and their customer advisor seemed completely indifferent to the issue. Quite irritating. He was obviously stating the the company line and seemed perfectly at ease when I explained how this company operates. Believe me I do try not to cynical but at times my patience is sorely tested.

• 2 months later...

Hi i received my final notice from LRC,informing me that if i did not pay the £115 fine i could be taken to court,this was on February and i just ignored the letter,as per the advice given on here,i have not heard anything since,so to anyone in the same position i reiterate the advice given on here,do not contact them at all and ignore all letters.many thanks for all the advice.

Regards

Liz.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

i know how you feel, you obviously don't want any hassle.

I received a parking ticket on the 19th feb in lidl car park and received a leter dated 23rd feb asking for £90, i had a look at this forum (thank god!) and took the advice to ignore it.

Another letter arrived 10th March (final reminder), another letter 25th March (notice of collection proceedings). I kept checking back with the forum as I was really nervous.

Letter 21st May from LRC asking for £115, another letter 16th June from LRC (final demand), this letter stated that I had until the 23rd june to pay OR ELSE!

I have heard nothing since, I am still very scared that I get a knock on the door from the 'bad guys', but I am trusting the advice from the forum.

Hope my saga helps you know what to expect. x

I also have 2 similar stories about APCOA, Roxburght and Graham White.

hi

i know how you feel, you obviously don't want any hassle.

I received a parking ticket on the 19th feb in lidl car park and received a leter dated 23rd feb asking for £90, i had a look at this forum (thank god!) and took the advice to ignore it.

Another letter arrived 10th March (final reminder), another letter 25th March (notice of collection proceedings). I kept checking back with the forum as I was really nervous.

Letter 21st May from LRC asking for £115, another letter 16th June from LRC (final demand), this letter stated that I had until the 23rd june to pay OR ELSE!

I have heard nothing since, I am still very scared that I get a knock on the door from the 'bad guys', but I am trusting the advice from the forum.

Hope my saga helps you know what to expect. x

I also have 2 similar stories about APCOA, Roxburght and Graham White.

• 3 years later...

hi people, first time ever doing something like this not good with computers so it lets everyone know how unhappy i am got a ticket in lidl car park. parked there from 05.55am till 08.02am 37 mins over they want to fine me £45. they say the signs are clear, never noticed sign till i came back , it was dark when i parked. do i appeal or just ignore ? any thoughts would be most appreciated

Its not a fine. Ignore it.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D