Mobile Phone Xchange - probs?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was horrified to read about all the people that are having problems with Mobile phone Exchange

I was given a quote of £116 for my Iphone and then an inspected value of £26 pounds telling me the screen was damaged

It set alarm bells ringing strait away. The phone left me with a perfectly unmarked screen and I now feel utterly gutted, I will make one phone call to them to see what they have to say then my next too calls will be Watch Dog and my solicitor please keep the info coming I am very interested in how other people have been treated.

Your difficulty, is how do you know the screen didn't arrive damaged? I've seen a good number of complints made (about cashing in on phones) and the handset was send only in a 'jiffy' bag. Since presdure can crack these VERY easily, the onus is on you to pack it properly, and if damaged, claim against the carrier for lack of care - thus mitigating the loss.

This is not to say there aren't firms out there improving their bottom line by making false statements, but Trading Standards, Watchdog and solicitors is a pointless exercise as this could only work if you could PROVE that it arrived safely and without a blemish.

Since you cannot - you're effectively stuffed.

Having similar problems, sent three phone that were all charged and fully working. On 1, they reduced the payout by £10 which I only found out from the payment received. No email was sent with revised offer just a reduced payment imposed. Tried phoning and you get put in a queue.

Tried contacting even Marc Walters (who above says he's a director) but still not received a response. Even tried his direct line 0208-732-3558 which also goes to answerphone. At this rate, it will only be a matter of time before this company folds and I for one won't miss it.

hi there mark .i must appologise for the ppl that are slagging off the company as in dec last year i sent off a nokia n97 mini brand new sealed in the box to you and was quoted £197 pound and within 10 days i got a bank credit for the amount quoted..i sent off a apple 16gb 3gs phone brand new to the company on friday via special delivery and was quoted £291 for the phone 18 days ago which was over the 14 day price gurantee.well today i got a email from you guys saying the phone was accepted and the price i got quoted was still £291 even though this was over the 14 day gurantee .so i am again very happy with mpx and will continue to use the company in the future..so everyone else moaning about mpx must be working for someone else..so keep up the good work at mpx

Edited by tom170

i will of course keep u updated as to when i get the bank credit of £291 paid in which in the email they sent would be in my account my weds 17th feb 2010..and you should get in contact with them regarding the missing £5 as when u rinbg them and they answer they do seem to sort out the problem..as i was concerned that they hadnt recieved my phone on moday this week as on weds it did show on there website that the porder was confirmed and when i email them they keeped saying it takes 24/48 hours for the phone to be checked upon receipt of them recieving it.so i gace them a call spoke to a guy called andy and he said that it would be done on that day and within 5 mins of my call the status 9on there site changed to accepted and i got a email as well ..so u need to call them

I just came accross this as I was looking for some other information on here.

I don't know about mobilephonexchange but I tried a new company that doesn't just take phones but also takes other electronic goods as well, called GadgetXChange. I sent everything I could find, about £170 worth of console games, couple of phones I had laying around and my iPod Nano. I registered to the site, picked everything I could find on the site and valued it, added it to the 'sell cart' and waited for the packaging.

Anyway, I sent it off and they didn't question anything!! As far as I know there wasn't anything wrong with the things I sent back, but from what you guys are saying I am amazed that I didn't get stiffed on anything, they paid the price I was originally quoted on the site which was much more than I thought it was worth. I found them by accident as I was looking for a shop in my high street to see if they had a website and I knew it started with the word gadget, so I was googling all variations, gadgetxpress, gadgetworld, etc... but then I came accross these guys and seemed like a perfect solution, one stop shop for all the old electronics just gathering dust, especially if your a gadget nut like me and keep upgrading for the latest model.

The website is (Edit) they've got a black and green brand going on. I recommend giving them a go!

Edited by ukaviator
Commercial link removed.

I was quoted £105 for a HTC touch diamond2 and £25 for a sony ericsson k810i. after they received my phones they stated that the touch diamond2 screen was "not ok, touchscreen damaged". and revised the price down to £30 for it, and that i had 3 days to contact them otherwise they would take that as an acceptance of the offer and pay the money into my account.

They were unreachable by telephone or email, and a recorded delivery letter informing them that the phones were in perfect working order and that i would like them back, was all that was able to raise a response.

I received an email from them the day they received the letter claiming that they had rechecked the phone and it was indeed working, but they had now discovered scratching to the screen "more than allowed for normal wear and tear" so the best offer they could give me for the phone was £80. They also added that if i wanted the phones back i'd have to give them a cheque for £10 within 5 days as well as informing them within 3 days (bear in mind they don't answer their phones or emails) that i didn't want to proceed with selling them my phones.

So i reported them to consumer direct also, who have forwarded all the details to both trading standards in my home district and theirs.

This company's practices reminds me of mesh computers before their overdue appearance on bbc watchdog.... oh wait i've just had an idea........

I was quoted £199 for my phone and then received an offer for £114. I contacted News of the World who are promoting the notwbuyback using them as the company to carry out the buy back service.I was contacted by Mobile Xchange to say they had made a mistake and the full amount will be paid into my account on 22nd February.I would warn everyone to be careful with this company as they try to [problem] customers as part of their service.I will be contacting trading Standards about their conduct and for their sake i better receive my money on Monday/

Just a quick update. Despite the fact that i informed them that i wanted my phones back within their own specified 3 day period of their offer, they went ahead and paid their 1st offer of £55 total into my account - well according to their one of their staff members at least.

No money has been paid into my account so far, but they want a cheque for the £55 sent to them as soon as possible, they have at least offered to return the phones free of charge once the receive the money back. I dont trust them after their conduct thus far, but consumer direct assures me that if i dont get the phones back free of charge its breach of contract as an email is a "durable contract" or something.

Edited by llcoolg10

• 2 weeks later...

I sent my Nokia N95 8gb back to this company. Used the collect+ system to send it back, wrapped it in bubble wrap and put it in a padded envelope. It did have a few light marks on it, but nothing major. Got a tracking number with the collect+ system and a few days later it was delivered and they'd sent me an email saying they'd received and tested the phone and would be paying in the amount of money their website had said my phone was worth, and gave the date it would be paid in. Sure enough, on that date there was the money in my account. So, for me, everything went exactly as it should. :D:D:D

my friend used mobile phone xchange and told me i should send my old phone to them cos they were good with her. when she got the envelope from them, she was a bit worried it might get damaged cos royal mail are a bit rubbish lol so she padded in extra bubble wrap too. she got all the money on her m&s card like they said they would and bought me a sandiwch with it! so i did the same and got all the money they said and bought her a sandwich back :smile::p i still got money leftover, who else wants a sandwich?

I purchased a new Nokia E72 as a replacement for my Nokia E71 and rather than sell my Nokia E71 privately I decided to give Mobile Phone Xchange a try. I submitted my E71's IMEI number as required and I received an offer of £99.00p for the phone by return. I decided to accept the offer and posted off my E71 by Special Delivery. I waited three days and I then received an Email from Mobile Phone Xchange telling me my phone had been accepted and the £99.00p quoted would be paid into my Paypal Account when a further three days had elapsed from the date I received the acceptance Email Exactly three days later on the 4th March 2010 I received a notification from Paypal that Mobile Phone Xchange had paid me £99.00p which I have now transferred into my Bank Account. In conclusion I would stress that the above account of my dealings with Mobile Phone Xchange is genuine and hopefully it might help to set somebody's mind at rest.

Well i eventually received only one of my phones back, they kept the other one. I'm going to see if there is a way of uploading photos of the phone that was too badly scratched for them to stick to their offer. I sincerely hope that the last few posts are genuine!

MOBILEPHONEXCHANGE - THESE GUYS ARE CROOKS! AVOID !!

I sent a fully working TYTNII to them last week and was originally quoted £59 argos vouchers, the email I recieved today was a surprise to say the least. they "offered" me £13 as my phone had something wrong with it. the email stated under the column FAULTS "and needs to be replaced". The phone was a newly replaced phone which Orange replaced under warrantee shortly before the end of my original contract with them.

I have tried contacting these people but the number, which gets answered nearly immediately by a non person then, continues to ring for 30 mins. As it should if it's costing me a fortune to dial it and the crooks on the other end of the line are geared up to squeezing the maximum amount of cash out of their victims.....errr customers.

I have emailed them twice, firstly asking what the fault description meant and secondly to ask for my phone to be sent back. I won't be holding my breathe!

I have also sent some correspondence to BBCs' Watchdog programme highlighting the complaints listed here and around the web.

I doubt I will ever hear back from these crooks.

More annoyed with myself, failing to do my research.

You have been warned.

Hi mate sorry to hear about them [causing problems] you too. Get onto Consumer direct, as they forward complaints to trading standards, and they'll also give you advice on your rights. If you want your phone back it'll cost you £10 there's no way around that unfortunately, as its in the terms and conditions.

Bear in mind tho, that they'll make far more than £10 profit on your phone, which is prob in mint condition, when they sell it on in a foreign market, so i'd ask for it back, and you might find they will be little more willing to negotiate.

So best bet is to send them a letter special delivery, so they cant say that they never received anything from you. The phone number obviously isn't maintained, and it will cost you but, apparently your costs can be claimed back against the company if they refuse to be reasonable.

hope this helps, best of luck!

Hey LL !

Thanks for the heads up. will defo get onto consumer direct.

how would I go about paying this tenner to get my phone back if they aren't returning my calls/emails.

thanks again...

T.

I find it very odd how many people are complaining about this company, the price they offer when you search your phone is just a guide isn't it? Surely the people who assess the phone know what they're looking for, it's their profession afterall! ;) I think they are better at judging the insides of your phone than you are. It's kinda like when you're ill, you don't know what's wrong with you which is why you go to a doctor, the professional!

People should be aware that the price they are quoted might not be what they get, but what does it matter? You have an upgrade and the phone you don't want is used in poor countries.

If I had another phone I would definitely use them again!

Hi Jane excellent point in fact, so just to continue your analogy... its like a man going to the doctor for a check-up, and being diagnosed with cervical cancer, then having the doctor suggest he sign over the title deeds to his home because he wont be needing it anymore.

I'm glad your experience has been positive, and also that you personally can afford to give away your mobile phones for free, but some of us cant, and thats why we sell them to these companies, but please dont kid yourself on that they are giving them away for free to poor little Africans, or earthquake victims!

I dont know if you bothered reading my post but mobile phone xchange, changed the reason and the amount they were offering me, when i queried their new offer. So the "professionals" in this case, couldn't seem to determine if a mobile phone was working or not, via the use of an on off switch. I hope you aren't as easily pleased with your health care professionals!

There is a market for selling mobile phones abroad in countries like South Africa, where the cost of moblie phones are substantially higher than they are here.

Edited by llcoolg10
punctuation

Hey LL !

Thanks for the heads up. will defo get onto consumer direct.

how would I go about paying this tenner to get my phone back if they aren't returning my calls/emails.

thanks again...

T.

No probs mate. They should have included an address in the email they sent you today. If not head on over to there site and get the address off there.

They demand a cheque for the £10, and they give you a deadline of 3 days i think to inform them that you want your phone back, and 5 days for them to receive the cheque. Consumer direct will advise you further, because the deadlines aren't enforceable. but get onto them right away, and they'll set up a case file for you!

Consumer Direct

maybe "SOMEONE" still reads this forum as I recieved a revised offer of £40. I am still not happy with this. but grudgingly will accept it.

for £19 is the amount of bad press this company gets from disgruntled customers is it really worth it ?

MOBILEPHONEXCHANGE REVIEW

If you were considering using this firm, think again. My phone was an immaculate HTC TYTNII I was originally quoted as it being worth £59, these crooks firstly said had parts missing, hence the £13 offer then the following day said (after review) it had severe scracthes so they would only offer £40.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

*****************[problem] [problem] [problem]*********************

WHAT A JOKE!!! WISH I CHECKED THIS FORUM OUT BEFORE SENDING THE PHONE WOULD NOT HAVE USED THEM AT ALL!!!!! ITS BEEN A COMPLETE JOKE AND DISGUSTED ME. THE IPHONE 2G 8GB THAT I SENT THEM ON MONDAY (I WAS QUOTED £128 FOR) WAS WORKING FINE WHEN IT WAS SENT OFF. YESTERDAY I GOT AN EMAIL WITH AN OFFER OF £28, ERM NO I DON'T THINK SO. THIS FIRM IS A RIP OFF NOT ONLY DO THE COMPLETLY RIP YOU OFF ON THE QUOTE THEY CLAIM THE PHONE IS DAMAGED AND IT WASN'T BUT NOW I HAVE TO PAY ANOTHER £10 TO GET THE PHONE BACK. I AM REALLY PEEVED OVER THIS ITS A JOKE. NEVER EVER USE THIS COMPANY WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::confused: