final offer to clear loan

ads197

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello

right the situation is i have a rather old loan from about 2002 which was originally for five years but that i have been on an arrangement plan with for 3 years now as fell into difficulties making original repayments.

the original loan should have ended in 2007 but as it stands i still owe £7500. the loan is still with the original lender and i have not missed a payment in best part of 3 years althought they say i miss every payment as i am not making the original payments.

what i am wondering is would it be possible to make and have accepted a lump sum setlement of say £6k to clear the loan off? how would i go about this and what are y chances of success?

thanks

adam

I'd start at 20p/£ and see what happens- use the F&F template on here and make it clear its only because of a 'generous offer' from a family member (not you) that you are able to make this offer.

Assuming of course you have already CCA'd them and agreement is enforceable?

i have not done that cca thing on them cos form what i have read then you get bad stuff put on ya credit file and it remains on my file for 6 years still after that time. i dont want that i want this last thing off of my credit file and put to bed behind me. can you point me in the direction on the f&f template? im new to this and dont know if ive even put this in the right place? does it matter it is still with the original lender and not a debt collector?

i have not done that cca thing on them cos form what i have read then you get bad stuff put on ya credit file and it remains on my file for 6 years still after that time. i dont want that i want this last thing off of my credit file and put to bed behind me. can you point me in the direction on the f&f template? im new to this and dont know if ive even put this in the right place? does it matter it is still with the original lender and not a debt collector?

Hi Ads

Chances are CRA'S are already well and truly marked and DCA's have a habit of starting at day 1 again when debts are sold on.

If you want to make an offer use letter J from this link and adjust to suit

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Should have mentioned, any CCA or offer goes to whoever is chasing you at the mo

Gez