Egg up to no good.

dx_
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been on a DMP with Egg. Regular payments on time. Haven't missed any since DMP.

I also managed to get back the Ppi and have SAR'd the loan. Today I checked online and Egg have sold my loan to a DCA without telling me. Can they do that?

Edited by dx_

I'm been on a DMP with Egg. Regular payments on time. Haven't missed any since DMP.

I also managed to get back the Ppi and have SAR'd the loan. Today I checked online and Egg have sold my loan to a DCA without telling me. Can they do that?

Legally yes, but morally and ethically it's wrong.

Was this agreement pre-2007?? If so, it may Egg trying off-load these agreements as they know they are faulty because they do not contain the term "credit limit" only "approved limit." (Actually, not sure about loans...but certainly this term was used with credit card agreements.)

I'm only paying them a nominal sum at the moment, by agreement, and thought they'd been pretty quiet for a while. Perhaps they've done the same to me!! :p

Which DCA is it? Haven't you received any communciation from either party?

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

I'm only paying them a nominal sum at the moment, by agreement, and thought they'd been pretty quiet for a while. Perhaps they've done the same to me!! :p

I think they did this out of spite as I've had the PPIs refunded.

Edited by dx_

I've had the same thing happen with my Egg credit card. It has been sold to Apex. Enclosed in the same envelope, and on the same shiny paper was a letter from Egg saying the same thing!!

They want me to contact then to arrange payment...as if!!

Oh well, this was one which I was keeping on the back burner as I was only paying a nominal sum but, let the battle commence!!

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

It would appear that over the last few days Egg have suddenly sold a large amount of accounts to Apex, there are now many (new) threads regarding this, perhaps admin could start a single thread or a sticky ?

It would appear that we are all in the same situation:-

We had an agreement with Egg to pay a minumum amount.

We stuck to this agreement.

Egg suddenly without warning sold this debt onto Apex.

We receive a text from Apex and then a letter.

Andy

It would appear that over the last few days Egg have suddenly sold a large amount of accounts to Apex, there are now many (new) threads regarding this, perhaps admin could start a single thread or a sticky ?

It would appear that we are all in the same situation:-

We had an agreement with Egg to pay a minumum amount.

We stuck to this agreement.

Egg suddenly without warning sold this debt onto Apex.

We receive a text from Apex and then a letter.

Andy

No text with me...although that probably went to my old works phone!! :mad:

I actually have my original agreement...one of the few I did keep, and it refers to "limits" and "approved limits."

Think PT's case regarding this is in Cardiff in March 2010 so think that will be pretty critical for us all. Perhaps that's why they're offloading them now!

Link to PT's thread for info...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/188093-egg-credit-agreements-what.html#post2024413

Apex may use this number, or similar variants to call...

01789 775899

Edited by WelshMam2009

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

so when the pondlife gets in touch send em a cca request

I'll just ignore them for a while I think PGH and will be wary of any unrecognised incoming calls.

Think I'll then send them a prove it letter first to see what they come back with and then hit them with a CCA request.

Am resigned to them adding another default, for the same debt, to my collection though...:rolleyes:

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

After hearing nothing from Egg since June, I received a letter from Apex Credit Management this morning. Although Im surprised it got here as it doesnt have my flat number on it and there are 126 houses in my block!

What's the best way of tackling this? I have a pre-2007 agreement.