style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a breakdown of fees from equita regarding a parking fine they collected. I'd be grateful if anyone could let me know if their are any discrepencies in them

Initial warrant amount £110.00

02/07/09 Bailiff letter sent to defendant requesting they contact us (£12.88)

03/07/09 The DVLA report the vehicle LD** *** is registered to Mr D**** ***** at (My old Address)

09/07/09 Bailiff called to levy, no contact made, left letter (fee £39.10)

16/07/09 Further bailiff visit made to contact debtor.

21/07/09 Case issued to bailiff; (bailiffs name) to visit

22/07/09 (bailiffs name) attended a mid terrace house in good condition with multi lock and wood glass front doot. Our Bailiff reports nobody was present in the property at time of call, left notice of attendence. UNable to confirm if defendant is still resident with neighbours (visit/attendence/removal fees: £223.10)

27/07/09 C/card payment of £385.08 recorded

I had moved from the property but my car was still registered to the address. However my previous landlord only contacted me to notify me of the bailiffs visit on the 23/07/09. She claims that no previous letters were received.

My questions are basically,

1) Do the charges seem fair

2) should equita have also sent me copies of the letter sent in the SAR (copy I sent below)

3) should they give me an individual breakdown of the visit/attendence/removal fees or is it ok for them to total it up together

Thanks in advance

Write pursuant to Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 and enclose payment of £10 the maximum prescribed under the Act and request you send me the following.

An itemised breakdown of all the fees charges orders costs and other monies that make up the total obtained by your bailiff.

Name of the Bailiff

Name and address of the court that certificated your bailiff.

All letters documents emails comments faxes personal opinions memos and other related information which would qualify as information defined under the Act.

All other information relevant and related to this request and occurrences therein.

Whilst I appreciate the Act allows you 40 days from the date of this request to fulfil your obligation, I look forward to receiving the above at your earliest convenience.

Yours Faithfully

MR **** ********

Don't know much about parking offences but seem to recollect if all paperwork was sent to old address you can appeal and if successful then all charges made to date have to be rescinded although the original parking fine will be reissued. No doubt someone else can give info on procedure.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if you were sent a letter yes you should have had a copy of it in your SAR

if your bailiff left a had delivered letter you have had a copy of that

you should have also have had a screenshot of your account

there is a copy of a screenshot on the forum somewhere i will have a look and see if i can find it and post it up for you (hopefully someone will know what thread its on and post it for you )

cant find the copy of the screenshot (i will keep looking)

have found this it explains it better than i could it was posted by tomtubby :)

In fact the Data Protection Act DOES NOT say that you are required to pay £10 for a Screen Shot !!

What they do say is that if a request is made then the company MUST provide the information. If the company DECIDE that they wish to apply a fee then they can do so but the MAXIMUM charge can ONLY BE £10 !!

A Screen Shot is a VITAL document because it is the COMPUTER RECORD of you ENTIRE account and it will show the following:

Amount of Liability Order

Date received

Details of any telephone calls made to to bailiff co.

Details of messages etc from the local authority

Brief description of your house (colour of door etc)

Name of any bailiff who has visited your home.

Details of whether a person was at home or not.

Details of any "levy" made on goods to include a number plate of vehicle.

Full details of charges put onto your account and by which bailiff.