dazzabambra

first class response from alliance and leicester

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3521 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

just thought id say well doe a&l

three weeks ago after having over £1200 in bank charges taken by them in the last year i wrote to a&l requesting a refund of £395 two weeks later they put it back in my account !!!result:p

feeling on a roll i sent a thank you letter and pointed out that they also owed me £900 in backdated and future charges expecting nothing.... two days later £900 in charges repaid .

if only every bank was so accomodating !!:lol:

Well done,

I think I will have a go too, see if they are so accommodating! Did you use a CAG template letter?

Well Done.:D

Welcome to Consumer Action Group

'Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.'

Joshua J. Marine

1) CLAIM BACK ALL PENALTY CHARGES CLICK HERE

2) CLAIM BACK ALL MIS-SOLD PPI CLICK HERE

3) COMPOUNDED CONTRACTUAL INTEREST CLICK HERE

4) REQUEST CCA FROM CREDITOR CLICK HERE

5) OFT- UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS CLICK HERE

6) CAREY V HSBC (2009) CLICK HERE

7) DON'T BE BULLIED BY CREDITORS / DCA's CLICK HERE

8) IN DEBT DON'T PANIC CLICK HERE

9) FULL AND FINAL SETTLEMENT CLICK HERE

10) SALE OF GOODS ACT-EDUCATE YOUR RETAILER CLICK HERE

11) DISTANCE SELLING-EDUCATE YOR RETAILERCLICK HERE

12) SOGA SUMMARY CLICK HERE

13) WHICH? TEMPLATES [/url]CLICK HERE

14) DOES YOU BANK TREAT YOU FAIRLY BCOBSCLICK HERE

15) EVERYTHING HOUSING CLICK HERE

16) UTILITY BACKBILLING CLICK HERE

17) OFGEM - COMPLAINTSCLICK HERE

18) OFCOM - COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE

DON'T GIVE UP, THIS SITE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH GUIDANCE AND EMPOWERMENT

Don't forget to donate to this site

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers

Excellent Good for them. As we are usually complaining (bitterly) about the banks will you be writing to thank them & perhaps send the writer a wee drop of something inexpensive of course

Have they heard something we havent?

Its WAR

just thought id say well doe a&l

three weeks ago after having over £1200 in bank charges taken by them in the last year i wrote to a&l requesting a refund of £395 two weeks later they put it back in my account !!!result:p

feeling on a roll i sent a thank you letter and pointed out that they also owed me £900 in backdated and future charges expecting nothing.... two days later £900 in charges repaid .

if only every bank was so accomodating !!:lol:

Do we get to see scans of the letters with your name/address/account numbers removed? Do you have investments with them?

well they are part of Santander and they are refunding charges to Abbey customers, I am going to troll through my bank statements and ask for my money back now

Santander are refunding charges to Abbey customers? when did this start and does it include those that are stuck in the court system?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

just read the Abbey threads, It seems as if they are refunding charges and I dont know anything else

Hi, 'HF'! Just had a quick peek at abbey myself, but spotted nothing specific - which threads in partic should I be looking out for? And are they only paying out in 'Hardship' cases, do you know?

i claimed under the hardship rules and no i didnt send a cag letter i just told the truth that they had took x ammount and that had left me skint.

I tried testing the water and had a refund of £25 with none of the usual vitriolic hate spouted by staff so trying to get the other £500 back now, started a new thread.

Just came across this thread, while looking for inspiration for my Cap One fight....

A&L, in my experiance are actually very good at paying back......

My A&L experiance :

Sent them a SAR regarding my loan ( been closed for over 12 months ). A&L sent this with no issues... Noticed PPI was added, however included in the SAR I did sign for PPI...

I just thought forget it as all the paperwork was in order, but a few days later A&L sent me a letter stating they may have mis-sold me PPI ( wft no company has ever been nice enough to say that to me before )...

I simply responded to them that I felt they had mis-sold me PPI due to them not sending me any PPI documentation at the time of sale !

Result ! check received, no hassles, no phone calls, no court threats and I even sent them a big thank you letter..

Have A&L gone soft ? either way with the experiance I've had with A&L compaired to others, I will be banking with A&L in the future.... Spot on!

Edited by CardFight