Obtaining your phone number

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Since moving house I have made sure that none of my creditors have my landline phone number, even my bank only has my mobile.

However, Capquest have all of a sudden started phoning me (on behalf of Halifax Credit Card).

They refuse to tell me how they got hold of my number and have had several heated discussions with my partner when they were asking for his details.

Surely BT arent allowed to give it out when I am ex-directory?

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

If you have applied jointly for anything with your partner and he has updated any relevant information I believe you can be found via that link

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

they did this to me, I simply said you have obtained this number by some means and until you tell me I will not be dealing with your for anything, never did hear anything again

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

No new applications for anything, I put false numbers when I applied for my credit files and even my car insurance only has my mobile.

The only people who have my landline are either friends, my children's school or BT.

I'm refusing to deal with them anyway because the account is in dispute, so shouldnt have been passed on anyway, but surely its a breach of data protection if BT have given out my number.

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Hi Natalie

Doesn't have to be a "New" application it could be something you signed up for together ages ago both your names will be linked some where and it could even be from an application for something that wasn't approved or taken up

Edited by Revenant
Added info

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

We dont have anything together so it cant be linked from something of his.

Even if it was, the only people he has given the number to is the War Pensions and DLA.

I think I am going to write to them a letter similar to what PGH said, and send them the telephone harrassment letter, as well as reminding them that the account is in dispute and so they have no right to be chasing it anyway.

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

We dont have anything together so it cant be linked from something of his.

The plot thickens in that case Natalie

Good luck

Get a Truecall. It will deal with everything and let you take control of you phone again.

I don't think that we have heard a single person express the slightest regret about buying one

Natalie

If they have branches or associates outside of the UK they can obtain your number that way because you are only ex directory in this country that's how they got the number. I was told this by BT when I complained that one of my Creditors had obtained my new ex directory phone number. This particular DCA took me to court and on my acknowledgement I made it clear that my number was ex directory and they had no right to use it, I didn't have another phone call from them.

Truecall is a great tool if you can afford it.

SD

I have no legal training and any knowledge I possess is based on my own experiences

Previously on the forum as Diamond Girl but still having problems logging back in

Have you had any new furniture or electrical items delivered to your new home? If so did you give your number as a contact for arranging delivery.

My sister had a new ex directory number when she moved home and started to get sales calls, apparently they had something delivered from Curry's and had given their new number for the delivery driver. That's the only thing they could think of as to how their number had been "passed on".

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Personal data is a lucrative business, firms sell lists of customers along with their details, buying habits etc., amongst each other. In the US several years ago there was a big outcry about one particular CRA collecting data which even included gossip :rolleyes:Equifax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

However, Capquest have all of a sudden started phoning me (on behalf of Halifax Credit Card).

They refuse to tell me how they got hold of my number and have had several heated discussions with my partner when they were asking for his details.

Because they are the same thing, in all but name.

I think it's time to drop the idea that they all operate independantly and nobody 'talks' to anyone else.

Remember signing a document that all your details would be safe and private and not shared with anyone else ???

I think you can safely forget that.

It's now a case of linking individuals to any debt that may provoke a response........

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)