Parking fine from 'MET Parking Services'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, can anyone help?

I've read with interest other threads regarding how enforceable parking tickets are from private companies, that have been issued with regards to parking restrictions on private land.

I would like to check if my case falls into a similar scenario as others who have been advised.

What happened:

I went to McDonalds in Canary Wharf, London and went through the 'drive-thru' to buy a meal. I paid for the meal, parked up, and proceeded to stuff my face :)

Anyway I went for the meal to kill some time as I was waiting for friends, and was there for an hour and a half, and stayed in the car the whole time. I left and everything seemed fine. Today however I recieved parking charge through the post, stating that the maximum time allowed is an hour and "As the registered owner/keeper/hirer/driver of the vehicle you are required to pay the parking charge within 28 days of the parking charge notice issue date. MET parking services ltd operates in accordance with the AOS code of practice for private car park enforcement".

Now I presume a McDonalds car park is private property, so therefore is the advice the same? To ignore them?

Many thanks in advance,

Ricky.

rickyquicky,

Think you've to ignore it :p;)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

If Diskmandave's advice doesn't work....

Just IGNORE some more!

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Just as a matter of interest, I had exactly the same from MET and I parked in Mc Donalds canary Wharf too but I was there for 220 minutes while I drove with a friend to Oxford St & back - seemed like a good option - saving congestion charge, fuel, helping to save the planet too! And I bought a quarter pounder with cheese! now they want fifty quid.

Nat West - £16k debt - settled f&f £4k

Cap One - £8.5k debt - settled f&f £2.1k

Egg - £15.5k debt - settled f&f £3.9k

Lloyds Tsb - £5k debt - settled f&f £1.2k (Lit)

Barclaycard - £10.8k - lost agreement

£39k of debt still to go!

Same advice as above....... IGNORE.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Ignore it I will!

Nat West - £16k debt - settled f&f £4k

Cap One - £8.5k debt - settled f&f £2.1k

Egg - £15.5k debt - settled f&f £3.9k

Lloyds Tsb - £5k debt - settled f&f £1.2k (Lit)

Barclaycard - £10.8k - lost agreement

£39k of debt still to go!

Hi, can anyone help?

I've read with interest other threads regarding how enforceable parking tickets are from private companies, that have been issued with regards to parking restrictions on private land.

I would like to check if my case falls into a similar scenario as others who have been advised.

What happened:

I went to McDonalds in Canary Wharf, London and went through the 'drive-thru' to buy a meal. I paid for the meal, parked up, and proceeded to stuff my face :)

Anyway I went for the meal to kill some time as I was waiting for friends, and was there for an hour and a half, and stayed in the car the whole time. I left and everything seemed fine. Today however I recieved parking charge through the post, stating that the maximum time allowed is an hour and "As the registered owner/keeper/hirer/driver of the vehicle you are required to pay the parking charge within 28 days of the parking charge notice issue date. MET parking services ltd operates in accordance with the AOS code of practice for private car park enforcement".

Now I presume a McDonalds car park is private property, so therefore is the advice the same? To ignore them?

Many thanks in advance,

Ricky.

As you have already been advised by the other posters-IGNORE. MET have a cosy little relationship with McDonalds.

http://www.metparking.com/clients/testimonials.html

There are many threads on here which illustrate this also.

As for the AOS Code of Practice have a look at this link for info :rolleyes:..nothing to be concerned about no matter what unenforcable drivel MET spout on about.

Welcome to the British Parking Association

Edited by DDWales
spelling

the same happen to the driver of my car in the same McDs, please read my post, it will give you a history of what to expect, but DO NOT GIVE IN. Let them waste their time, money and resources in chasing something they will never get.

Thread Link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/164687-parking-ticket-while-mcdonalds.html

Nothing to worry about and have just gone through the MET's try to scare you into paying process courtesy of my daughter eating for too long in MacD's myself.

It is a [problem] and can be safely ignored and if you contact them you will get more hasslegrams rather than the token amount as they will think you are about to bite the hook and all they have to do is reel you and put you in the keep net.

They do not have an 'appeals' department and although they claim to have a 'customer services' department it is in reality a 'lets mug a motorist' department

Their communications are designed to look like a real council / police PCN but they are not - just an invoice and unenforceable

Expect 3 or 4 invoices from MET gradually increasing in amount with the last being bright red and for £150.00

Next will come the Roxburghe debt collectors letter threatening legal action if you do not pay up followed by two letters from Michael Sorbell /Graham White solicitors suggesting all manner of extra costs after which they give up as they have wasted too much money on trying to make you pay. The process will take 3 months maybe 4 for the [problem] mails to stop

Understand fully that YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG - you were in a free car park provided by the restaurant having a meal which means that overstaying cost the landowner a grand total of zero

The Debt Collectors are powerless without a court order and they are not going to get one and they know it and a CCJ will only happen if they take you to court (very unlikely) and win (extremely unlikely) and you refuse to pay whatever amount the court sets. It is basically a war of nerves to see who will break first - make certain it is them

They have photos of the car I own but so what they are so grainy my cat could be driving and the number plate recognition seems to be a 'best guess'.

Do NOT worry

Do NOT contact them

Do NOT pay them

It is a [problem]

Hello! I too have received one of these MET parking charge notices today but is from a visit to McDonalds at Stansted where I stayed for 119 minutes instead of the allowed 60 minutes. I cannot remember seeing any signs in the carpark but did notice cards on the tables in McDonalds - I (stupidly) thought it was a polite notice asking that people didn't stay in the restaurant for more than 60 minutes during busy times.....it didn't occur to me that it had anything to do with the carpark. Therefore I fed myself and children and we then left and sat in the car waiting for a phone call to say that my Step-Mum had landed and we could therefore collect her. Most importantly, I don't recall the cards stating that there would be any kind of fine - especially one of £100!!! Looking through all previous threads it would seem everyone is ignoring them - is this still the case? Has anyone actually had a CCJ issued? Really don't want to pay this but it is a bit scary.:(

Simple Rules

1) Ignore

2) Ignore

3) Goto 1

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Hi Eggsmum - Welcome the forum and in particular the latest MET victim support thread :D

Read my post immediately above your initial one for a breakdown of what to expect

Ignore everything - any form of contact will just mean they will up the quantity of pestering invoices. MET's website makes much of their appeals service but in reality it does not exist. What you will get will be a set of invoices (from MET and their Debt Collectors and Solicitors) all from the same source designed to look menacing and official for ever increasing amounts but in reality they are all empty threats. Your money would be far better spent on your kids ;)

Edited by asmodeus

• 4 months later...

Hello again! I'm back....just needing a little reassurance that I'm still ok to ignore MET. I've received 4-5 letters from MET, one from Roxburghe, and two from Graham White, the latest titled "FINAL WARNING TAKE NOTICE that despite many attempts to obtain payment......."

I am pretty nervous that I may end up being the one they "make an example of". Other threads on this matter have mentioned that they also make phone calls at this point. Can anyone tell me what they say on the phone? What sort of time do they call? All their correspondence has been to my husband - I was the driver......I've told him I've got it all in hand but now I'm starting to crumble somewhat.

Surely I must nearly be at the end of this distressing journey?

Please, if anyone can help to put my mind at rest I will be so grateful!!!!

if they was going to go to court they would have done it a long time ago

you might now get the once in a lifetime offer to pay @ a fantastic 50% reduction , which is their normal last chance hoping you will fall for it, its a please pay us for this [problem] as no one else is paying :D

Edited by kiptower

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Hello again! I'm back....just needing a little reassurance that I'm still ok to ignore MET. I've received 4-5 letters from MET, one from Roxburghe, and two from Graham White, the latest titled "FINAL WARNING TAKE NOTICE that despite many attempts to obtain payment......."

Perhaps another one or two, final, then very final and perhaps a, very, very final notice.

I am pretty nervous that I may end up being the one they "make an example of".

If they were going to do it they would have by now.

Other threads on this matter have mentioned that they also make phone calls at this point. Can anyone tell me what they say on the phone? What sort of time do they call?

The ask you to confirm your details first at this point you refuse, simply saying I don't give out personal details over the phone to people I don't know then hang up, or F@ck off morons also has much the same effect.

All their correspondence has been to my husband - I was the driver......I've told him I've got it all in hand but now I'm starting to crumble somewhat.

They have absolutely no case against your husband whatsoever, you should be wishing for them to take him to court.

Surely I must nearly be at the end of this distressing journey?

Near the end, yes, distressing ignoring lots of empty threats???

Please, if anyone can help to put my mind at rest I will be so grateful!!!!

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

I am pretty nervous that I may end up being the one they "make an example of".

No chance - have told them during several of the phone calls that I am not going to pay them a penny and they should proceed to the threatened court proceedings with all speed - still waiting after several months so guess it isn't going to happen :eek:

Rest assured that if they had a claim that would stand up in court they would have proceeded to that stage by now - It just isn't going to happen so carry on ignoring as life is too short to be bothered by this bunch of scamsters

Other threads on this matter have mentioned that they also make phone calls at this point. Can anyone tell me what they say on the phone? What sort of time do they call

Daytime usually - nothing in the evenings or weekends. They will ask for who they think is the RK is so you can ask who is calling and then say I will try to find him (or her) and go make a cup of tea, mow the lawn, go for a long walk etc leaving them hanging on until they get fed up and ring off

Personally I like to wind them up and ask questions such as to why a 'supposedly legitimate' firm of solicitors would be supporting a well known [problem] - the girl making the call seemed to have trouble with an answer to this one and the call ended. The reply when asked why they haven't taken me to court is "we are giving you another chance to pay and avoid this and the repercussions". What they mean is "we are just a poor ppc operating an illegal [problem] to rip off motorists and no one is paying please be charitable and send us some money"

Recently have had a number of silent calls from them - pick up the phone when it rings but no one says anything the other end and 1471 gives their number. Naturally I do not phone back

You are doing well - whole process with MET has so far taken around 10 months so I guess they are getting desparate. Euro Car Parks give in much sooner

Carry on as advised with the ignoring as nothing will happen - be proud of yourself for not falling or giving into the [problem] :D

Edited by asmodeus