PCN lost due to Postal strikes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a Charge Certificate today as a 'follow on' to a PCN. It's just that I did not receive the PCN in the first place. I suspect that this could be due to the postal strikes. I also noticed that the address it was sent to is incomplete - my flat number is not included - so the PCN could also have gone to any of the 9 other flats in the building. I'm really upset that I have to now fork out the increased charge because the penalty charge was not paid. Do I have any leg to stand on regarding this matter or should I just succumb and pay the fine???

I received a Charge Certificate today as a 'follow on' to a PCN. It's just that I did not receive the PCN in the first place. I suspect that this could be due to the postal strikes.

Highly unlikely to be at the CC stage the PCN would most likely have been sent before the strike. What was the PCN for? You can wait til the next stage and fill out a statutary declaration and go back to the PCN stage. Or you can ask the Council to offer you the lower rate, if you offer to pay they may be happy just to get the money.

I failed to comply with a sign indicating that my type of vehicle was prohibited on a stretch of 'road'. And I got caught twice :-x going and returning (stoooopid, I know), so I have a hefty £180 (increased charge) x 2 fine. I find it surprising that TWO PCNs did not reach me but 2 charge certificates have. Could they still offer me the reduced fee at the CC stage?

I failed to comply with a sign indicating that my type of vehicle was prohibited on a stretch of 'road'. And I got caught twice :-x going and returning (stoooopid, I know), so I have a hefty £180 (increased charge) x 2 fine. I find it surprising that TWO PCNs did not reach me but 2 charge certificates have. Could they still offer me the reduced fee at the CC stage?

If you think you are liable and will end up paying you could ask if they can use their discretion and accept the lower amount. If you don't think there is much point in appealling write or ring the Council explain the address was incomplete and the PCNS never came and offer to pay the lower amount. If they say no you may as well appeal so come back and we can take it from there. It may be worth giving details of the offence/location before you pay there may be something obviously wrong with the situation.