SD received from Lowells on 'dodgy' sold welcome finance loan[s]

Miky-J
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh well not heard nothing from welcome since i wrote to them asking if the load agreement would be written off

and a new one put together.

I have not heard any thing from them.

But to my surprise this morning i have received a letter from Incasso LLP

requesting the full out standing balance of £20606:44.

When i only borrowed £16000:00,

in just over 12 months of non payment due to the crappy ppi they sold me not covering me.

it has gone up by almost 4 grand plus what ever charges they have added to the account.

Are welcome allowed to do this ?

Any help would be grateful please

Thanks in Advance

Miky-j

:whoo:Stock Car Racing Is Not A Hobby. Stock Car Racing Is A Way Of Life:whoo:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In which case you should write back stating that the debt is disputed due to missold PPI, and you are still awaiting a response. You should also query the fact that the tainted agreement amount has mysteriously increased by nearly £5,000 and ask them to give a full breakdown of how they arrive at this figure.

OK thanks for the advice will do that now and get it in the post first thing tomorrow recorded delivery of corse.

Dont mean to sound tick but do i send welcome a letter asking for the breakdown and how the amount owed has rocketed up or to the debt collector ??

Many thanks

Miky-j

• 3 weeks later...

Had a response from Incasso, saying.

Further to our recent communication regarding the above matter,

please find enclosed a copy of agreement relating to our clients debt as requested.

We trust this resolves the matter and we look forward to receiving your payment by .

In my letter to them i never asked for my agreement

i asked for a break down to explain where the extra had come from i also told them the account

was in dispute due to the miss selling of the PPI.

I also mentioned the OFT's guide lines 2.6 H as 42man said.

welcome don seem to want to know when i ask about getting the agreement re-written once the PPi is removed

• 3 months later...

Hello Guys

I am new here, did not know where to turn and found this site. I took a loan out with Welcom a few years ago to finance a car for circ £4600

when I had paid in region of£2500 back, a further loan was added to this for £5000.00. with security taken on my house. When I was made redundant I run into difficulties and could not keep up and so missed several payments. After a few months they wrote me and offered a settlement figure of £6000.00 which I accepted and called their offices to confirm this and waited to hear from them again but 3/4 mths later I got contacted by Raven Recoveries who said they had bought the debt and that I was to pay them £23,485.00 immediately in full or they could start repossession proceeding, however, I could pay this back on installments etc. I have had so many calls and everytime I have explained about the offer for settlement from welcome and they said this is no longer valid and not welcomes debt anymore, the other day I recieved a letter from welcome confirming that Raven now own this debt and is now the amount above. I contacted Raven and have asked for a breakdown as to how they justify the amount, they have refused to send me a breakdown. Is this legal? Can they do this?

• 7 months later...

Just a quick update, Still not heard anything back form either welcome or there debt collection agency regarding this. Apart from the statements of account and not to my surprise the amount is still rising

• 7 months later...

HI all,

out of the blue today i have received a letter from welcome stating that they have sold the debt on to lowell portfolio ltd.

i thought it was my understanding that the debt could not be sold on due to the account being in dispute.

as my self and welcome have not reached a agreement with regards to the ppi.

Welcome did make me an offer but when i asked if there would be a new credit agreement written up it was ignored.

I also find it strange as the loan is secured against my property

so why would they claim they have sold the debt on.

Any help would be grateful

Many Thanks

Miky-J

• 1 month later...

Have now received a letter from Lowell stating they have searched my credit file

an found i am a home owner and that they will apply for a charge order at securer it against my property.

How can they do this when the original loan was a secured loan against my property.

• 5 months later...

Firstly you must send an email to BWLegal stating the following

Dear Sir / Madam

I am in receipt of your statutory demand which came into my possession on (XXXXXX)

I am absolutely staggered to receive this demand as it has been in serious dispute since (xxxx) It seems evident that no history has been passed on to yourselves or Lowells which is in clear breach of the OFT's guidelines on debt collection, and a clear breach of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

Section 3.7 of the OFT's guidelines make it quite clear

f.failing to ensure that an accurate and adequate history of the

debt is passed between parties, as appropriate and necessary

Although I will not litigate via email I will make it completely clear to you that I will be setting this aside at my local court, and for the record when the issue of costs arises, I will be producing this documentation and previous documentation from the last 4 years.

If I do not hear from your company stating that you will NOT be progressing this demand IN WRITING WITHIN 7 DAYS then I will apply to set this aside at my nearest court.

I trust this makes my position completely clear

Yours faithfully

Not to sure about the CCA i did send postggj some documents to look at but never heard anything from him

Hi all well tomorrow will be the 7 days since i sent the email to bw legal. so im guessing i should now be applying to the courts to get this set aside ???

hi i have just noticed that the statutory demand is in my name only. but the debt is jointly owned by me and my wife. Dose this make any difference to the demand. i also find it strange as in the beginning the original loan was a loan secured on my property ????

Received a letter today from Bwlegal saying they will place the account on hold for a further 7 days

as they require written documentation of the dispute.

And that I should contact lowlle directly about this.

But I did contact lowlle before I received the SD and they told me that Bwlegal was dealing with the matter

on there behalf and all correspondence should be sent to them ?

Are they just passing the book here.

Should welcome finance not have passed all the details of the account over including all information regarding the dispute.

While going through my paper work I found a letter from welcome saying they can't uphold my complaint

with regards to them not sending me my CCA.

due to me not sending the fee.

But I have a letter from the post office stating when welcome cashed the postal order for the CCA.

Many thanks

Miky-j

Have you submitted your 6.4 and 6.5 's ?? Remember to take the original stat demand with you as well, make sure you have copies of everything and stick to the 18 day deadline..ignore their letter they don't know the difference between their backside and their elbow

I've got the 6.4 and the 6.5. Form. Not to sure on what to put on the 6.5 one. Am going to take them to the court tomorrow

If it was me then I would be stating along the lines of

missold PPI - still disputed with no remedy, debt has been 'sold' whilst in dispute

excessive charges

non production of a valid, legible and signed credit agreement despite a legal request made under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

(have a read through some of the threads in here) - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?190-DCA-Legal-Successes

You will also need to show evidence, any letters, recorded delivery slips showing the dispute before Lowells got their grubby mits on it.....