Pastdue Credit Solutions

R33V0L
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also the only way l could prove l never had a debt is buy either my credit report or somthing like tht and as SKY does not show up on Credit report then they can go whistle.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also the only way l could prove l never had a debt is buy either my credit report or somthing like tht and as SKY does not show up on Credit report then they can go whistle.

You don't have to prove anything, it's up to them to prove a debt.

They tried the same tactic with me

As my replies became more legal they simply stopped bothering me.

You simply send them a prove it letter and that's it

If they don't prove anything then they havnt got anything

They probobly bought your details and it only has minimal data on it

You don't have to prove anything, it's up to them to prove a debt.

I know that but they have said they require me to prove l have not had the service.

The only thing they can try and say proves SKy is the dish on the wall that was here b4 we moved in so its either the previous tenants or landlords property.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

They tried the same tactic with me

As my replies became more legal they simply stopped bothering me.

You simply send them a prove it letter and that's it

If they don't prove anything then they havnt got anything

They probobly bought your details and it only has minimal data on it

But if they brought my details then where did sky obtain them from. I have NEVR had a sky account. The only time sky has been had was in a different persons name and over 6 years ago.

Yes l am on the electrol role but then would it not be stupid of them to just stick a pin in that page and try it on with me?

Oh i am ignoring them.

I gave them a bit of my lying machine, there letter did not come with a addy on it. So i wrang them the did not like me making a wrong answer noise down there ear, first they tried to tell me they did not have to give a address out as everything can be done on the phone. then l asked them then where do l send documents and they tried saying they cant give there addy out without a account number when they were advised that l did not hold the account with them l was calling on behalf of my partner who they had requested docs from they tried telling me l was breaking the law and trying to get them to break the DPA??? then when l asked where in the DPA does it say its against the law for me to telephone asking for a address they demanded a phone number so i told them its a phone box and as result they would have adise me when they wanted to call the staff member eventually gave me a postal address and since l have not had anything to my formal demand for proof of alleged debt and pointing out that l dont need to provided details to say l never had the debt but they have to provide details of the debt if they are going to take me to court for non payment as there letter threatens.

Edited by The GodMother
Spelling

Sent the letter weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooops, this totally slipped my mind and I haven't got round to sending the prove it letter yet. So today I got the letter from them threatening potential court action (my fiance is still in Afghanistan by the way so if he lived on his own, he still wouldn't know about any of this)...

"Case Number: xxxxxxx

Dear Mr xxxxx

NOTICE OF IMPENDING COURT ACTION

Pursuer: BSKYB LTD

Principle Sum: £54.75

You have still not paid off the above debt. Unfortunately, this means we may recommend to our client that they should issue a claim against you in court.

What this means should the claim be processed

* You will owe more as the amount will then include legal costs and interest

* You may have difficulty obtaining credit, a loan or a mortgage in the future

If you still don't pay..." blah blah blah

So is it too late for me to send the prove it letter? And if so, should I send something else?

Thanks again for your advice!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i've received a letter today from these lovely people myself today. Unlike others rather than just addressed to the occupier it was addressed to my partner and the house next door (which we moved out of 2 1/2 years ago.) This is odd as my partner has NEVER had any dealings with companies i.e. gas & phone as she lived with her mother until recently and always deals with cash and to our knowledge there could be no outstanding debt.

As with the previous posts there is no information of where the debt came from and just lists a case number and "urges" us to phone them.

I intend on leaving this letter until a second letter arrives then posting the linked DCA letter above.

Hoping for any further advice as i'm a bit worried about dealing with these people and thanks for everyone who has posted here. It's made a harrowing problem this morning more bareable.

Hoping for any further advice as i'm a bit worried about dealing with these people and thanks for everyone who has posted here. It's made a harrowing problem this morning more bareable.
When you get a response from them start a new thread and we'll be able to advise. ;)

Hi all,

Had this problem this week, letter 1 received in the name of my fiance.

We're baffled as to what the supposed 'debt' could be as she has never had any credit or names on any bills.

After reading these forums and this thread specifically we'll look forward to receiving the second letter stating more details and then taking everything from there.

It seems as if it's firstly best to contact the company PDC as supposedly working on behalf of and then sending a 'prove it' (i assume its the letter "general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt" from the letters page) letter to PDC.

Thanks a lot, i'll reply back with how we get on!!!

Its shocking that they can do this by the way, people who are unsure of their rights or ways to research into these matters could quite easily be pressured into paying without even knowing whats going on 100%. Its really not fair.

Cheers

(i assume its the letter "general-debt-letter-if-you-know-nothing-of-the-debt" from the letters page)
Yes, just send the letter.... don't 'phone them unless you want to listen to a two year old throwing tandrums. ;)

Yes, just send the letter.... don't 'phone them unless you want to listen to a two year old throwing tandrums. ;)

Its a strange situation, I still own the property which the letter was sent to but it is being stayed in by friends, my fiance never had any names on bills etc at this property so not sure why they have sent the letter to her or to that address.

weird but we'll see, could it be that the debt is years old and they have only recently been able to attach her to an address?

I too arrived home from work today to find a letter from Pastdue credit solutions, just stating a case number and asking me to ring on an 'urgent matter'.

So far as I am aware I have never been in debt in my life, so it was a bit of a suprise!

I did think about ringing, but decided it must be some kind of [problem] & so went on line to look them up first. That lead me here.

I shall hang on to the letter and see if any more arrive then refer back to this website for how to deal with it.

These people are a real nuisance and I'm sure for those who do have debts it's just something else to add to all the worry.

Bernadette Mahoney

• 2 weeks later...

My wife started getting letters from Past Due a few weeks ago. We ignored the 1st as there were no details of what the alleged debt was. Then we received the 2nd letter stating that this was money owed to British Gas from an addresss we vacated 4 years. Rang British Gas who confirmed that nothing outstanding. When we got back from holiday last week there was another letter advising that court proceedings would follow, and a few days later got a letter from bailiffs saying they would be round to seize goods. As we have been customers of BG for many years we figured that if any money was owed they would be in touch as they have our new address. Anyway my wife was really stressed out so she went and reported this to the police as harassment. The WPC was very helpful and rang Past Due. She got a load of abuse from the agent she spoke to and advised her that she was escalating this to Glasgow police for further investigation. The agent then hung up on her. WPC then raised a crime reference number. She called back and spoke to a supervisor and it turned out that the debt was for a period 12 months after we had left the property. (At least that is what they said). WPC then told them to send an apology. Manager said that the case would be closed.

Watch this space

Suvin50

I started getting letters last year. I ignored them - and then Googled and found this thread.

Anyway, I found a number for them from saynoto0870.com and called them free (after 7pm, courtesy of that BT package). Spoke to a guy - who I won't name - who was firm but borderline courteous. I said the debt was a different flat in my block and he accepted this. He said he would call off the monkeys (not his exact words), as well as a separate firm of bailiffs (who I won't name). The debt was for a well-known utility firm who didn't know the name of the occupants of the other flat.

And how did Past Poo Credit get my name? From Experian - who thought I could be fingered for this as I had a patchy credit history. Thanks, Experian!

So, do I report the original Pastdue letter - "please contact us about an important matter" - to the OFT because it breached their guidelines*?

You decide...

* http://tinyurl.com/39udc8

I've received the 2nd (Formal Demand) letter today, requiring payment be made by..... today! It's claiming that the 'Pursuer' is British Gas & is from but not signed by Lesley Andrews. The initial letter was from Amanda Wright.

It is from an address we moved from in Feb 2006 & apart from knowing that at least 2 other occupiers have lived there since, I have never had an account with BG.

What I have noticed is that in their letters PDCS have addressed me as Ms & not Mrs and have also used my middle initial, which seems to indicate they've scrolled through electoral rolls or somesuch.

Our gas/electricity has always been in my husbands name & paid for by him, by DD & when we left that property he was in credit which they paid back into his bank account .

Infact when we moved we took over a flat where a pre pay meter was installed & the supplier, NPower wouldn't allow us to change to DD because the address had some record of unpaid debt or something. So we went back to BG who had our records at hand and were only too pleased to get a customer back & have the same arrangements as before.

However I did find this second letter a little intimidating, merely the words 'Formal Demand' made me doubt myself for a few moments! (It has connotations of 'Final Demand')

Can you imagine what this kind of thing does to an elderly or vulnerable person without internet access or awareness of their rights? I'm sure many would just pay up in fear of further action & not wanting to be 'black listed' .

I've written a version of what I take to be the 'Prove it' letter....

...'Furthermore, ignoring or disregarding claims that such debts do not exist or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts'... I'm assuming this is the one to send initially?

I've not signed either, just written in block caps my name beside the printed version.

The more I read about PDCS the more despicable I think they are, preying on peoples susceptibility, causing anxiety & distress, they are no better than the [problematic] who send out fake bank emails just trying to get your bank details & bleed you dry.

I will keep the forum updated.

• 2 weeks later...

We have also received the second letter, it is also supposedly a debt regarding British Gas.

The debt is supposedly in my girlfriends name but she was never on the bill when we lived there (which we havent since Dec 2008 ). I also know for a fact that when leaving the property I left British Gas a forwarding address and paid the account up to the day of leaving.

I am going to send the letter as advised and also ring British Gas to ask what their stance is on this matter. Its utterly ridiculous.

Thanks

EDIT: Spoken to British Gas and it was quite a revealing chat, they have said that my account which was closed in Dec 08 has a zero balance and the amount outstanding is from that time until the person moving in spoke to BG. The guy said all they do is pass on the amount and the address and no names etc etc and ask the debt recovery company to find out who was living there. In this instance they have got it wrong as my girlfriend and I werent there. Stupid idiots.

Sending the letter recorded delivery today and will see what gets said.

Edited by RonnieMan

Today had a reply from PDCS;

"Thankyou for your recent correspondence dated 26/05/2010 we write to request that you send us details of your dispute along with any evidence. Once we receive reply from you we can then investigate the matter and get this resolved as soon as possible"

This from & signed by Clair Cook.

So tell me how can I send details or evidence of an account I've never had?

When my husband comes home I shall get him to contact British Gas to verify that there is no outstanding amount. What else can I do?

Today had a reply from PDCS;

"Thankyou for your recent correspondence dated 26/05/2010 we write to request that you send us details of your dispute along with any evidence. Once we receive reply from you we can then investigate the matter and get this resolved as soon as possible"

This from & signed by Clair Cook.

So tell me how can I send details or evidence of an account I've never had?

When my husband comes home I shall get him to contact British Gas to verify that there is no outstanding amount. What else can I do?

Yeah i spoke to British Gas just so i could make sure 100% in my own mind that I / my girlfriend didnt owe anything. They have said my account is closed with a zero balance so thats made me quite happy that PDCS can chase all they like, they wont be able to prove its my debt.

As you said, how can they ask you to send details and evidence of something they contacted you about! Its stupid of them!

Good luck with it, my letter should arrive tomorrow, recorded delivery and then i'll see what they say. I expect a reply very similar to yours in honesty.

:)