Pastdue Credit Solutions

R33V0L
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No unfortunately is isn't a [problem], just very despicable companies extorting money out of people by using underhand bullying tactics.

You need do nothing other than report them to the OFT And trading Standards via consumer direct, a set of oft debt collection guidelines can be read HERE

Consumer Direct

Send them a COPY of the letter, in a few days you will receive a begging letter filled with all kinds of threats that they won't carry out, when they do we can take it from there, they are absolutely nothing to worry about, there is nothing they can do, they can't send bailiffs, they can't send a doorstep collector, ( well they can but you can tell them to foxtrot oscar)

They can't make you sell body parts, in fact they have absolutely no rights at all, and as soon as people start to get wise about these companies and their antics, the more of them will start acting within the law and the guidelines laid down.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've sent my CPR request letter and as yet no reply from PastDue

I will shortly be compiling a letter to the OFT with a copy of all correspondence from these people.

They really where quite aggressive with their tactics even though I only corresponded with them via letters.

God knows what they are like over the phone.

Anyone that is dealing with them please read my posts and do as I did and put these people back in the box which they crawled out off.

A month on and I have received a demand for money. It is a bill for British Gas - Electricity and the supply address is Flat 5, I live at Flat 2 and all correspondence has been addressed to me at Flat 2.

I have never had an account with British Gas - Electricity. I am going to send them the general letter- if you know nothing of the debt and point out that I have never lived at No 5 etc

I would urge anyone else who is having problems to contact Consumer Direct, 08454040506 as the more official complaints the better

Add OfGem to your list as well as BG themselves.

Ofgem Home

For anyone interested here is the billing code for future reference;

About the Code

If your credit file is of any importance to you then i would check that also and see who has been leaving their dirty footprints all over it, could be a nice little earner for you!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

I received a 3rd and final letter from PastDue Credit informing me that my name had been removed from their records and they will be taking no action against me, they also apologised for any inconvenience.

As far as I am concerned this has been resolved, but the whole experience has been irritated.

I urge everybody who has been contact by them to telephone Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06 and maybe we can get them shut down

Keep hold of that letter and if anybody else contacts you re this then l would advise that you tell them the same.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi, and appologies in advance for the long post.

I have been reading this thread with great interest, as I find myself in a very simlar situation to the people in this thread, and I was hoping I could get some advice.

I was contacted by PDCS with an identically vague letter as described in earlier posts. I ignored it, as they gave no information, other than I should contact them. They gave no information at all with regards to what it was about.

A few weeks later I got a "formal demand" from them on 10/02/10 saying that TTI SPC for SP1 were the ones who wanted the money from me, and quoted an amount to be paid to them by 12/02/10!

I decided to write to them using a template of a letter I found through this site, telling them I had no idea who TTI SPC for SP1, or who they were either, let alone any knowledge of the debt. I asked them to let me know what the debt was for, and to provide me with evidence that I was liable. I said if they could provide this, and it was indeed mine, then I would pay it.

They wrote back to me last week with address details of a property I used to live in requesting requesting if I could confirm that I lived there and when. This property was the family home, my mother the home owner, and she was the bill payer until I took over the bills, all of which I know I always paid in full. Unfortunately my mother made a number of bad choices which we knew nothing about, which resulted in repossession of the house.

I think I know what this debt claim may stem from ( a British Gas Bill of my mothers), but I was under the impression that the matter was closed. It seems that there is a chance that debt has been passed around from company to company, making me less confident that if this is a genuine claim that I will hear the end of it.

All this leaves me very wary about freely offering information to these people, but I can't see how this will end.

Again I am sorry for the long post, but you seem to be people in the know!

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Not Quite Normal
Typo on dates

its Sb as they wanted payment 8 years ago.

How long ago was the house repod and how long since bill was last paid?

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I've just received another letter from PDCS informing me that I can find the answers to all my letters if I call SKY B directly (National number included).

They have stated that they have put my account on hold for a further 14 days.

Not sure if they are expecting me to say something to them.

I've made it very clear with my CPR letter what is required. (It is obvious that they will not answer the questions that I posed to them in that letter)

What now!

its Sb as they wanted payment 8 years ago.

How long ago was the house repod and how long since bill was last paid?

Oops! Silly typo on the dates there!

Anyway, I'll need to check properly, but I thnk the repo was about 4 years ago. All the bills in my name were all fully paid at the time of leaving (including me BG account).

I think there was a period where my mother had stopped paying the bills without telling us (even she was still taking money from me for them), before I seperately decided to have them put in my name. But I think this is where the debt may originate.

I suppose I need to know whether I am liable, and how I can satisfy my doubts that this is a legit claim PDCS are making.

It was a bit of a confusing situation I suppose (and still is).

• 4 weeks later...

I have had my first dealings with PDCS today when one of our tenants handed me 2 letters asking for £368.60 on behalf of British Gas.I This was the first I`d heard of any money outstanding. I rang BG who were very helpful and they confirmed there was a debt but it was only £`184.30. and I should pay PDCS . They said to ring them back if there was any problem. I contacted PDCS and asked them why the amount was double the actual debt and she immediately said they would accept £221 instead. So rang the same guy at BG who contacted their Credit Dept whilst I held on and BG took the correct payment over the phone and said they would contact PDCS to cancel further action. PDCS give the impression of being extortionists .DO NOT ACCEPT WHAT THEY SAY AS BEING CORRECT.

to my surprise British Gas staff were fantastic. If you can, deal direct with the people you actually owe the money to. I shall be writing to BG stating my experience with PDCS and suggest they reconsider their arrangement with them.

Further to my last posting. British Gas are going to investigate my complaint because I asked them if they were using EXTORTIONISTS to collect overdue amounts. I will post there reply in due course.I MUST STATE AGAIN THAT THE STAFF AT British Gas HAVE BEEN EXCELLENT

I cannot help feeling though that DCA buy up old debt for a fraction of the money and then get the individual to pay them the full amount which means that they then profit.

The original creditor has in this case given up on the credit.

Have I got this wrong

Please take a look at this thread on moneysavingexpert.com

It has a template complaint letter which tells the DCA what they must do about it.

The advantage of this is that it may get you some compensation and unlike the OFT which will not normally act on individual complaints, the FOS will.

If people do it regularly, then the DCAs business model will be undermined and it is also likely the FOS will report it to the OFT. (more than 30 complaints in six months will result in data being released into the public domain anyway).

• 2 weeks later...

Well we received the next letter today dated March 30th. I think I should also point out that these are addressed to my fiance who is currently out in Afghanistan and has never had a Sky account until a couple of months ago which is fully paid up.

"Case number: xxxxxxx

Dear xxx

FORMAL DEMAND

Pursuer: BSKYB LTD Total Due: £54.75

We have been appointed by BSKYB LTD to recover the above outstanding amount.

What to do now

It is important that you repay the amount by 6 April 2010 at the very latest. This will avoid a home visit officer calling at your home to recover the money owed to our client. You can pay today by:

* Debit or credit card. Call us on 0844 559 6220 or pay online at Pastdue Credit Solutions

* Cheque or postal order. Write your case number on the back and send it to the address at the top of this letter

* Direct payment at your bank or using internet or telephone banking. Our account details are: Bank of Scotland, Sort Code 80-06-14, and Account number 06004831. Remember to quote your case number for reference.

Having trouble making payment?

Call us today on 0844 559 6220. We can explain all of the options available to you. We are here to help you from 9am to 8pm Monday to Thursday, 9am to 7pm on Fridays and 9am to 1pm on Saturdays.

Yours sincerely

Lesley Andrews [not signed]

For and on behalf of

Past Due Credit Solutions"

So I take it that my next step is to send them the letter in the link I've quoted at the top of my post??? Do I need to wait for my fiance to come back from Afghanistan so he can sign it or can I sign it on his behalf?

Many thanks.

Follow some of the steps that I did with PDCS

It has finaly worked as they no longer contact me

You could also send them a letter that all correspondence is to be via letter and that they are not invited to conduct a house call

If they then call it's classed as trespassing and you don't after answer to them at all

Ah, looks like I'll be joining in on this thread now. I have randomly received a letter from these lovely people asking to call them regarding the usual 'important matter'... blah blah blah. So I shall do nothing for now and will keep you all posted when then next letter comes...

I've had the exact same letters too for BSKYB for a so called debt of £32. I'm sending the prove it letter and will report back.

27th September CCA sent to Sechiari Clarke & Mitchell - Commited Offence by not responding-Update, passed account to AIC. CCA AIC on 29/03/07

27th September CCA sent to Allied Credit International - not received, resent on 23th January 07-(still nothing on 30/03/07)

Hmmm it looks like a few ppl are gettingthese. I had one in relation to Sky but from SRJ. I have never had a sky account and as result l have told them they need to prove the debt because l never had a sky account. They have wrote to me asking for proff l never had a sky account l iam waiting on a response to my letter l sent back with OFT guidelines on it and re asking for proff of debt.

Hmmm it looks like a few ppl are gettingthese. I had one in relation to Sky but from SRJ. I have never had a sky account and as result l have told them they need to prove the debt because l never had a sky account. They have wrote to me asking for proff l never had a sky account l iam waiting on a response to my letter l sent back with OFT guidelines on it and re asking for proff of debt.

That really is amazing. How can you prove that you didn't have a debt with somebody?

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

That really is amazing. How can you prove that you didn't have a debt with somebody?

Fred

They want me to prove that l have been with another company for my television service for the last 7 years. From which they will only accept paid bills.

Personally l cant as l have not kept all my bills and the only time we had sky was in the previous property b4 and for about 4 months after our son was born but this was not in my name it was in a friend of ours name. He was paying for us to have the service. So any debt would be SB as he was born in August 2003 and we had the service disconnected in january 2004.

Since 2004 we have had either VM or Freeview and as we all know you dont need to prove you have a service with Freeview. Ok i can prove some service with VM but the VM is not in my name so l am not going to just hand over bills in someone elses name.

Anyway SRJ are own buy Freds/Bryan carter so do we expect them to follow the law such as proof of debt has to be proved by them which they say cause SKY has told them they are owed money then you owe it.