charging order help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, back in 2006 i had a county court judgment made against me. I made an offer to pay so much per month the judgement came back with full amount forthwith but the DCA accepted the offer of so much per month if i had a charging order put on my property.So it went back to court and the judge agreed to the charging order but as long as i kept to the monthly payments then no further action would be made.I have kept to the monthly amounts and i have not missed one payment.My question is i have recieved a letter from the Dca saying they want me to fill in a new finacial statement and make an offer to increase my monthly amount.I didnt think they could do this as the monthly amount we pay was agreed with the judge or can they demand we pay more money.

Hi, thank you for your reply.Do you think the DCA are just trying to get more money out of us because they thought we would have sold our house by now.And what are the chances of them going back to court to increase our monthly amount or are they just trying it on.

I suppose after 3 years they are wonderign if your income has changed and there maybe more disposable income available to clear the debt quicker.

They can always apply to the courts for a redetermination hearing, but unless you have a significant amount of disposable income available that could increase the payments the chances are they won't get an increase.

To keep them off your back you could send in a new Income and Expediture form to show ther isn't any additional funds available. Its your choice really.