UKPC parking fine B&Q Grimsby

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I cant believe the nerve of these UKPC people!

I recently went with my father & he parked in the Halfords/B&Q car park in Grimsby with the intention of going to Halfords.

I saw a guy stood watching us in the area for trolleys & thought that's odd, I'm guessing now he was the parking attendant.

My father doesn't have a debit card & so needed to go to the bank in town to get money out before going to Halfords. As my father is 60 with walking problems it took about 15-20 mins to get to the cash machine (time on the receipt for money was 11:58am) After returning to the car we went to Halfords but did not buy anything due to the extortionate amounts. We sat in the car for a bit until my father got his breath back from walking & then went home.

3 days later & a nice letter from UKPC arrives stating "Unauthorized Parking" saying we were parked on yellow lines/hatched lines? What idiot does that & to top it off the picture clearly shows a normal parking space no lines at all

Now they want £45 from him in 14 days & I think its ridiculous.

THE WORST THING IS.:mad:... the time stamp on the photo was 11:38 which is 20 min after we stepped out the car! so the guy watched us walk away from the car & assumed we were shopping elsewhere! What a bloody cheek!:eek:

My father is not happy about this & I really don't think he should pay!

Any sort of help or advice would be greatly appreciated & I would like to know if others have had problems in this area as well.:)

Dont get stressed about it.. just ignore it! Just read the posts in this forum.

The simple fact is if you were doing something really wrong and this world was a better place, the attendant would have come over and advised you. Sadly, if he did that he'd be out of a job! His wages are paid by this [problem]

I cant believe the nerve of these UKPC people!

I recently went with my father & he parked in the Halfords/B&Q car park in Grimsby with the intention of going to Halfords.

I saw a guy stood watching us in the area for trolleys & thought that's odd, I'm guessing now he was the parking attendant.

My father doesn't have a debit card & so needed to go to the bank in town to get money out before going to Halfords. As my father is 60 with walking problems it took about 15-20 mins to get to the cash machine (time on the receipt for money was 11:58am) After returning to the car we went to Halfords but did not buy anything due to the extortionate amounts. We sat in the car for a bit until my father got his breath back from walking & then went home.

3 days later & a nice letter from UKPC arrives stating "Unauthorized Parking" saying we were parked on yellow lines/hatched lines? What idiot does that & to top it off the picture clearly shows a normal parking space no lines at all

Now they want £45 from him in 14 days & I think its ridiculous.

THE WORST THING IS.:mad:... the time stamp on the photo was 11:38 which is 20 min after we stepped out the car! so the guy watched us walk away from the car & assumed we were shopping elsewhere! What a bloody cheek!:eek:

My father is not happy about this & I really don't think he should pay!

Any sort of help or advice would be greatly appreciated & I would like to know if others have had problems in this area as well.:)

Typical underhanded and unfortunately common tactics by PPCs this.

As noted by the other posters-ignore them. You will recieve the usual nonsense threatograms claiming allsorts before UKPC pass things on to thier DCA who will send a few more letters. Ignore anything short of real court papers (that will not happen anyhow!) and they will go away after that :D

Kimo1981 basis your post on here 6th Nov 09, if you'd read the signs in Grimsby B&Q/Halfords car park, you'd see they state 'no walking off site, etc'!

I got fined £45, then £90, then £115 for doing this in 2007 and NEVER paid them a thing! BUT at this time their signs DIDN'T specify this, only 2 hrs parking permitted!

Anyhow don't bother writing to them, as you'll only get standard/more demands in reply. They may threaten bailiffs BUT no bailiff can remove property without a court order 1st.

The debt collector will also contact you, BUT again ignore their letters, as again without a court order they have no power to enforce anything!

Very, very unlikely they will go to court with it and if they did you can request a hearing in your home town, as UKPC are based down south, so unlikely they will want traveling expenses. But if it did you are entitled to a fair hearing where you can put your story and the judge may side with you! Thus UKPC won't dare risk loosing so they will right off!

Think about it, they will have to prove you walked off site/what they claim. Even if they produce a photo of you walking off site, they still need an independant person to verify it is you - will cost too much, not worth their while basis:

The problem here is many just pay up £45 as they fear more costs/a legal battle, but if you stand your ground, ignore the nasty letters, they will go away!

Its hard, but trust me, without the courts say so, the bailiff has no powers to remove anything, otherwise its stealing and a Police matter!:)

The debt collector will also contact you, BUT again ignore their letters, as again without a court order they have no power to enforce anything!

Even if the debt collector has a court order and a letter from God, they have no powers to do anything than send silly threatening letters.

Ignore anything that comes from debt collectors.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.