First Credit Offering Gifts for payments, is this legal??

redjax
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have had continued dealings with Moorcroft/First Credit, we have sent the CCA request and then the Account in dispute letter. They have acknowledged receipt of the letters, but continued to send letters asking for payments and threatening doorstep visits. I've ignored them all. I didn't think they could surprise me anymore with thier tricks but my golly that have!

We have now had a letter from First Credit telling us that if we.....

'Pay your debt in full by 30/11/09 and you will receive a FREE 42inch LCD HD READY TELEVISION'

'Pay £2500 off your debt by 30/11/09 and you will receive a FREE SONY PLAYSTATION 3 SLIM (120GB)

'Pay £1000 off your debt by 30/11/09 and you will receive a FREE VIDEO CAMERA IPOD NANO (8GB)

Needless to say I am ignoring the offers, but are they allowed to do this, especially since the account is in dispute and has been for a few months now?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I had had all the letters under the sun! - that is pure class though!

I agree - my understanding is that all collection activities should stop whist the account is in despute.

Wouldnt be the first time a DCA makes the rules up as they go along though!

I expect they realise it is cheaper than paying half the debt in an out of court settlement. Many people do not realise they can negotiate to getting something like two thirds knocked off the debt. 1st Credit are amazing people to be in debt to. What will they think of next?

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

We have had continued dealings with Moorcroft/First Credit, we have sent the CCA request and then the Account in dispute letter. They have acknowledged receipt of the letters, but continued to send letters asking for payments and threatening doorstep visits. I've ignored them all. I didn't think they could surprise me anymore with thier tricks but my golly that have!

'Pay your debt in full by 30/11/09 and you will receive a FREE 42inch LCD HD READY TELEVISION'

'Pay £2500 off your debt by 30/11/09 and you will receive a FREE SONY PLAYSTATION 3 SLIM (120GB)

'Pay £1000 off your debt by 30/11/09 and you will receive a FREE VIDEO CAMERA IPOD NANO (8GB)

Needless to say I am ignoring the offers, but are they allowed to do this, especially since the account is in dispute and has been for a few months now?

Do you think they'd buy my argos one of 300 squid so i can get a new telly for crimbo :rolleyes:

I expect they realise it is cheaper than paying half the debt in an out of court settlement. Many people do not realise they can negotiate to getting something like two thirds knocked off the debt. 1st Credit are amazing people to be in debt to. What will they think of next?

I thought I had seen everything that was possible from this shower. This just beggars belief.

The best offer I got from them was a 75% reduction on a Stat Barred Debt

Christmas is such a special time:

Dear Worst Cretins

SPECIAL CHRISTMAS OFFER

Keep on acting non-compliantly, and get 6-months worth of OFT sanctions!

Do it some more, and lose your consumer credit licence!

Alternatively, why not start to keep to your legal and regulatory obligations, and win respect from CAGgers!

To be honest, If I was offered an incentive like that by my creditors, I would attempt to pay them off first. Would be one debt down and a xmas pressie down too!

But given it's 1st Crudit, why bother? You probably wouldn't owe them anything anyway, or it would be statute-barred knowing them, so just spend the money yourself! No such thing as a free lunch. Or a free TV for that matter.

Methinks DW2009 may work in Reigate. Who else in their right mind would beleive such a piece of tosh from Worst Credit.

Simple fact is that if they had a watertight case against you they wouldnt hesitate to drag you tou court. Offering incentives like this smacks of sheer desperation.

Now, if I wanted to be a troll, I'd pretend I was in debt and would constantly slag off the DCA industry. Best disguise there is.

(PS I have a normal face and nose, with no protruding lower canines nor big ears nor bulgy eyes. That's not me on the avatar, honest. Don't work in Reigate either!)

Edited by DonkeyB

Now, if I wanted to be a troll, I'd pretend I was in debt and would constantly slag off the DCA industry. Best disguise there is.

(PS I have a normal face and nose, with no protruding lower canines nor big ears nor bulgy eyes. That's not me on the avatar, honest. Don't work in Reigate either!)

Dont forget to make a post telling people that they have a MORAL responsibilty to pay a debt:rolleyes:

Seems DW2009 has already done the old 'moral responsibility' argument already there, ODC - if you check through his previous posts.

I might be inclined to start 'moral responsibility' (whatever that's supposed to mean) once such companies start exercising LEGAL responsibility.

Until such a time comes, if they won't change their attitude - neither will I.

Out of interest at one low point in my life (about 20 years ago now I worked in Reigate... I know the old Omnibus Building as the Bus Garage!!!

This letter sounds really crazy, has anyone sent it to Trading Standards and the OFT, its on a par with these loan companies offering free DVD players if you take out a loan with them!

Cheapest 42" LCD tv at the moment is in Tescos....

Out of interest at one low point in my life (about 20 years ago now I worked in Reigate... I know the old Omnibus Building as the Bus Garage!!!

This letter sounds really crazy, has anyone sent it to Trading Standards and the OFT, its on a par with these loan companies offering free DVD players if you take out a loan with them!

Cheapest 42" LCD tv at the moment is in Tescos....

At least Tescos will give you double clubcard points as well:lol: