• Tweets

• Hi,   I need some advice in compiling a defence to a claim sent to me by Moriarty Law on behalf of JC International   Name of the Claimant ? JC INTERNATIONAL ACQUISITION   Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.   Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total) -   ^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total   Their Date 24 May 2019 / Submission Date 26 June 2019   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?    The defendant owes the Claimant £1075.67 under a credit card agreement with JCIA dated 29/2/2008 and which was assigned to the claimant and notice of which was given to the defendant. Despite formal demand for the payment the defendant has failed to pay and the claimant claims £1075.67 and also claims interest thereonprsuant to section 69 of the county court act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8% per annum amounting to £86.05   What is the total value of the claim? £1311.72   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ?   Yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?   Yes many times   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account?   Credit Card   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ?   29/2/2008   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ?   Online I think   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ?   No   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.   Debt Purchaser   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment?   No   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor?   Unknwon   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ?   No   Why did you cease payments?   Mental health conditions, I was briefly sectioned and then tried to get hold of all of my creditors but not all were showing on my credit file   What was the date of your last payment?   Unknown but well over 6 years ago   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?   No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?   No   What you need to do now.   In the pre litigation pack they sent to me (I have a copy as I sent by email) I asked for a copy of the CCA and also stated the debt was statute barred. To date all they have returned to me are statements of account that prove this is over 6 years old. The address they claimed I was at I had moved from long before those dates and my electoral roll supports this so I could have been found.    So my defence items are no CCA and Statute Barred - What is the best phrasing to do this? I presume I also do this at the last minute possible?   Thank you in advance
    • The equity split is not calculated purely on how much capital you contributed to the household but circumstances at the time. For example, you mentioned that for the last five years you have been paid two thirds of all bills/ mortgage and your husband a third. What was he doing during that period, was he looking after your children mostly or looking after your house doing housework etc? They are factors which will be considered.   If you can agree on how any equity is split, you can sign a consent order. If you cannot agree, a judge will decide on what proportion you receive and a financial order will be made. Either way, you will need to speak to a family solicitor as any agreement made through mediation will not be legally binding without a consent order.  
    • Latest letter. Doesn't appear to contain anything new that needs action. Sadly one of our group paid, I'm not sure at what point.  3 of us still ignoring  Trace letter 25 May 19.pdf
    • As you have no income, you should complete a benefit check to see if you are entitled to any benefits: https://www.entitledto.co.uk/   You can submit the N244 before a warrant of eviction is granted but all that would do is reset possession proceedings. It is likely that Brittainia will continue with possession proceedings anyway even where the possession order is successfully set-aside. The issue is that you have very little to offer and Brittania is unlikely to agree to let you live in the property indefinitely until you sell it while paying £10 per month, that could take months/years. It wouldn't let you capitalise arrears because you can't meet the mortgage repayments even if they were.   I'd suggest that you speak to a housing advice organisation such as Shelter for assistance, it can gather further information and advise on what your best course of action is: https://england.shelter.org.uk/  
    • Hi,   I need some advice in compiling a defence to a claim sent to me by Moriarty Law on behalf of JC International   The claim is dated 24 May 2019 and I have filed my intention to raise a defence to extend the period to 28 days today   They claim: The defendant owes the Claimant £1075.67 under a credit card agreement with JCIA dated 29/2/2008 and which was assigned to the claimant and notice of which was given to the defendant. Despite formal demand for the payment the defendant has failed to pay and the claimant claims £1075.67 and also claims interest thereonprsuant to section 69 of the county court act 1984 limited to one year to the date hereof at the rate of 8% per annum amounting to £86.05   Amount Claimed 1161.72 Court Fee 70.00 Legal Costs 80.00 Total Amount 1311.72   In the pre litigation pack they sent to me (I have a copy as I sent by email) I asked for a copy of the CCA and also stated the debt was statute barred. To date all they have returned to me are statements of account that prove this is over 6 years old. The address they claimed I was at I had moved from long before those dates and my electoral roll supports this so I could have been found.    So my defence items are no CCA and Statute Barred - What is the best phrasing to do this? I presume I also do this at the last minute possible?   Thank you in advance
  • Our picks

• Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2010/120.shtml
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/redstone.pdf
      http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/db_uk.pdf

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/firmnews/2011/db_mortgages.shtml
      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
      • 0 replies
hagenuk

What can I claim for?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4667 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just a quick question on what can be claimed for.

Got my statements recently and need to clarify a few points.

My statements contain entries like this.

INT TO 03JUN A/C XXXXXXXX 8.14

CHG TO 01JUN A/C XXXXXXXX 10.00

CHG TO 01JUN A/C XXXXXXXX 8.11

Now I think the top entry is interest charged on an arranged overdraft and cannot be claimed, but the other two entries vary by amount and are not present every month.

Some months the figures are as high as £40 and £25 respectively.

Can I claim these amounts as they are clearly charges?

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Ok, I have worked out what the final entry of the three I listed is. It's overdraft loanguard cover, so I guess I cannot claim that as it is not an unlawful charge.

This would mean that the first entry is interest charged on the overdraft, the second is the "service charge" and the third is as above. I intend to claim for the service charge only, unless somebody corrects me here...?

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

whoa......

What sort of account have you got?

Some RBoS accounts attract a charge and you can't claim that as you have signed up for a "service".

if you have a Royalties Account the service charge is now £12 but was £10 or £9

other accounts have various service charges.

Sometimes the charges are grouped together so an account charge might be £24 which would be £9 service + £15 charge

generally what you should be claiming is (todays rates earlier ones are different) refused direct debits (£38 ) overlimit fees (£28 ) referral charges (bounced cheques)(£30 ) plus any other excessive an unlawfull charges.

leave service charges and interest alone (unless theres a LOT of interest)

ps try to keep to one thread it makes it easier to follow you claim.

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Hi

Thanks for the reply. It is a Royalties Gold Account and I am aware of the charge for the account, however, the amounts differ every month and some months are not present at all.

Along with my statement every month I also receive a single page that details other charges such as Maintenance Charge (often £0), Fee (now £12) Overdraft Interest and Overdraft Loanguard Cover.

The entry that confused me is printed as follows

CHG TO 01DEC A/C XXXXXXXX £XX

Where £XX can be anywhere between £3 and £40.

I can see where the service fee for the Royalties account has changed from £9 through £10 to £12 per month.

Accordingly I will amend my schedule of charges (not yet posted) to reflect only the remainder of the charge over the £9, £10 or £12 per month. It will take a while but the claim will still be over £4k, so worth it!

Many thanks once again

Amended schedule of charges to reflect cost of Royalties Gold account, the amount is just over £4k now.

well what you waiting for..... go get em :-) :-)

the interest alone must be in the region of about £800-900

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

Interest, when I come to charge it, will be just under £900.

Prelim letter sent today.