• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mortgage Express appoint LPA Recievers Walker Singleton to scare tenants off!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok here it is- THE OFT DOES NOT INVESTIGATE INDIVIDUAL COMPLAINTS AGAINST IT REGISTERED MEMBERS. The licence no for Mortgage Express is 0275674. I was advised to email them my complaint so they can have that on file. This will then (potentailly) be used as evidence on the renewal of their licence!!!! So am I not correct in stating that MEx / UKAr have us 'over the barrell' because they know that we are simply fighting as individuals!!! I am taking the fight to them either way but I prefer to do this as a group unit so we cannot be ignored! Their email address for complaint is [email protected]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just contacted the financial ombudsman service 0800 023 4567 http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html They will be emailing me a form to fill in. They advised me that when I return the form, I should attached a list of names of people who are already complaining about MEx/ UKAR? N Rock! Of course, i do not have such a list!!!!

Hi Steve,

I am not scared or intimidated by this bunch of uneducated wallies. I had an Employer run off with £12k of my commission and then he wound the Company up and this was was caused my 2 buy to lets to fall into arrears.

I have served my "sentence". WS collected rent from November 09 until May 11 by which time there were no arrears. I asked for my properties back and I was refused. I took my properties back. The MX Mortgage Conditions state that WS are my Agents and I sacked them. They then licked their wounds and appointed Drydens solicitors behind my back. My tenants have been threatened with Eviction Proceedings at the Hull Court and I have been threatened with Possession Proceedings. A court hearing was set for 9th March 2012 and Drydens did not notify me of the Court hearing I found out through a third party.

I have written to David Cameron and received a response from one of his Ministers stating that Buy to Let Lenders must be REGULATED BY THE FSA. This is the only way we can stop them from making up the rules as they go along and moving the Goalposts. If I had a weaker mental and physical constitution I would probably have committed suicide by now which would add manslaughter to their other huge list of misdemeanours.

I have been summonsed to a meeting and will meet with the three "thugs with a letter head" next Wednesday, WS, MX and Drydens.

I will NOT SIGN ANYTHING. I will NOT agree to anything. I will not agree to any variation of the mortgage conditions. I am seeing my Solicitor on Friday. If it was not illegal I would take a baseball bat to all of them which is exactly what they have done to me but by way of mental torture.

I think the meeting next week is an excuse to get me in front of 3 sets of bully boys that are all in cahoots with each other.

Under the Administration of Justice Act 1970 to ask for money with menace is a CRIMINAL Offence.

My tenants had paid me. I had served my sentence, cleared my arrears and I am the Landlord.

The tenants were threatened with an eviction notice with my name across it larger than life as the person requesting the eviction. Another pack of lies.

The deceit, lies and corruptions stinks from here to Huddersfield. I am not a bottomless pit and I did not buy investment properties to line everybody's pockets but my own.

I will deal with this TRIAD by taking each of them in turn to court I am going for the £15,000 to £50,000 compensation option agaist each of them. I have written a scathing Complaint to the Solicitors Regulatory Body who regulate Drydens Solicitors.

WS said they will not reimburse me for my costs next week. I have to drive over 300 miles, lose a days pay as I am self employed, have a night in a B and B and listen to a pack of heavily biased lies.

I am going to the media with this. I have already approached the Editor at the Hull Daily Mail and they are happy to go to print. A journalist friend of mine said that the National papers scan local papers for articles that could be of National Interest. I am still trying to contact the Mail on Sunday.

Their rudeness, arrogance and sheer bloody mindedness makes we want to throw up.

As a result of the verging on criminal action that this bunch of back street thigs have imposed on me my credit file is screwed. If that were not the case I would look to move Lenders.

jim orr- many of us have spent thousands of pounds fighting with these bullies. So far they succeed on the fact that we are not united and eventually there comes a point where each person will give up due to the heavy legal costs. I had a meeting with UKAR/ MEx 3 weeks ago where they threatened receiver action. They only put it on hold as I advised them that I had the monies to pay. During the meeting, all they were interested in was getting hold of my total assets and liabilites! I guess they just wanted to get more money from me before instructing receivers! I was advised that they would email me a deed of amendment to my mortgage terms so that I could review it with my lawyers before our next meeting. In fact they chased me the last week explaining that they really needed this information so that they could finish the draft the deeds before the meeting. Today they moved the goal post and said that they could not finish the draft but one would be avaiable for me to review during my next meeting with them! The main thing to remember is that they are not here to help. They will lie to you and coerce you into giving them information by giving hope. The goal posts consistently move everytime you give them another inch. Both my business partners were hung financially in the same ways. They ran out of funds after 2 and half years!!!!

Jimm Orr - I guess we found ourslevs a new ally in the great battle against injustice. chillinlong managed to get an article done to raise awareness http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/money/...rds-claim.html I have spoken to the same journalist who is having a meeting with UKAR today as we speak. Sending you PM

Jimm,

I admire your fighting spirit!

You are absolutely right to take it to them!

I have a feeling you can also do injunction on basis of breach of contract hence the reason why I asked if you have the information to hand on paper.

If you need any help please let us know, we would only be glad to help whereever.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/30563 Hello all this is an e petition that I set up yesterday. Its not just about UKAR/ N Rock/ Mortgage Express. It's about the abuse of power that secured lenders have via the use of LPA Receivers. Please sign up and support it. PLease push this e petition hard via facebook, twitter or whatever media. I am more than happy to listen to ideas and options regarding this petition.Thank you all and lets hope that I can make a small difference to all our suffering at the hnads of these bullies. Steve

Signed.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you all...... Let's keep fighting. For everyone of us who stood tall there must have been 4 or 5 others who gave one. It's not just portfolio landlords who suffered. I know of a few prisoners who were trampled over by there giants. They just gave up and did not want their names mentioned for personal reasons.

Persistence cannot run out but resources can, so let's see just how many lawyers these lenders can throw at our persistent assaults before the government review their strategy?

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/30563

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Have you details of the Court which Walker Singleton took your tenants to, the Court Reference number if possible, name of Claimants (I assume Walker Singleton), name of tenants, date of court hearing and outcome.

I am hell bent on stopping Walker Singleton in their tracks. Following legal advice I have written to the Attorney General complaining that Walker Singleton repeatedly take innocent tenants to court for eviction without evidence. My tenants in total have been taken to court on 7 separate occasions by WS for non payment of rent and I have been named as the Claimant against my will. I have been told this could be deemed a criminal offence and I should report Messrs Heap and Molloy to the Police Authorities.

I think I have finally got these people where I want them. I need as much evidence as possible. Anybody that has experienced any problems with Walker Singleton and harrassment and court hearings please please come forward. My contact mobile is [edited].

If the Attorney General upholds my complaint Walker Singleton will be prevented from taking any further tenants to Court without good grounds for doing so, and if they try it through the back door will be guilty of contempt of court.

These people have caused untold misery to tenants and landlords alike. People have lost their homes, their buy to let businesses and have made huge commitments in terms of time and money. I have fought Walker Singleton, Drydens Solicitors and Mortgage Express for nearly a year.

If the Attorney General upholds my complaint I have achieved what we all want to achieve and will stop Walker Singleton and their appalling

treatment of landlords and tenants alike in their tracks.

Don't be shy. Please come forward en masse. I am 95% of the way forward to nailing these unpleasant individuals once and for all.

I need all of your help to BANG THE FINAL NAIL IN THEIR COFFIN. MUCH DESERVED I THINK WE WILL ALL AGREE.

Edited by honeybee13
Removing personal details for your security.

Jim,

I have some information of evicting tenants via courts.

One where they have evicted the tenanted by shutters being put on windows and no court order!!!!! They they would not let tenants get his stuff out for over a week. Worst thing was WS were informed of the tenant living in the property.

Also, evicting tenants on basis of unauthorised tenants.

God bless Mr Adam Fox of Drydens trying every single dirty tactic there is to be done. He will make sure he does everything without you knowing till its too late or until hes completely upset the tenant to vanish in the end. There is a saying "What goes around comes around" :evil:

I don't know if anyone has considered pulling together a news release and sending it to News Night, and Channel 4 news, with a suggestion that they run a public interest report/investigation. If this could be achieved it would bring everything into the light. I don't know if this has been considered or done already. If we were to start off sending it to the two most prominent News Programs, and the work our way through, other News Programs and the Broad sheet News papers, there would be a very good chance that someone would take up the story.

I know that landlords are not the most popular group, but we are a lot more popular than the banks, who continue to find new and ever more detestable ways of screwing ordinary people out of what they have worked long and hard to attain.

When Receivers have changed the locks on a property, has anyone tried changing the locks on the receiver - particularly where the appointment is dubious - i.e. where there is no current arrears?

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this has come to light earlier in this thread, but MEX have a mandate to have cleared the entire mortgage within 10 years of the break up of B&B.

I have been told by a Mex rep, that anyone who has had any sort of arrears even if they have been cleared, has breached their T&Cs and can have LPA receivers appointed/or have their mortgage term cut to 8 years - sadly I have actually see a variation of this applied and they will not back down.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a retired mortgage broker and am appalled at the behaviour of a number of lenders who used to encourage my colleagues and me to promote their products. I have friend with a buy to let portfolio, which includes MX as a lender. So far they have been gentle with him (I would like to think that my presence at the meetings between him and his 'account manager' might have induced some caution on their part, but I am not sure). I find it interesting that MX are quoting terms from their Ts&Cs of 2010 - which did not form any part of the Mortgage Deed (Contract) my friend signed. I am not an expert in contract law, but I am confident that a contract cannot be summarily varied by one party to that contract without the concurrence of the other party. I suspect that each of you should be digging out your individual Mortgage Deeds and reading the small print. MX's reliance on the 2010 Ts&Cs suggests to me that there is something within those which is missing from the original Deeds. You should bear in mind that the presence of 'Terms' in offer documents will not form part of the Deed unless the Deed explicitly states this. It is also possible that your Conveyancer, if they did not advise you of the Lender's rights and remedies when you signed the Mortgage Deed might, themselves, be liable to a claim for redress under their Professional Indemnity Insurance. Could this be manoeuvred to set up one of the major insurance companies to take a class action against the lenders?

this was my thoughts a couple of years ago when i first came on ,the document i have see so far do not look entirely Cosha ,so much so it would take a Expert in Contracts to evaluate these peices of paper they have been producing ,so come on guys get those documents checked over

patrickq1

have not been on for almost a year ill health and other little niggly things kept me of so will go through the thread again

Hi All,

Thanks for support, the fight is still ongoing but it is seriously taking its toll now!

They are winning at the moment as they have unlimited funds to fight and the Judges are backing them as they are mortgages at the end of the day.

Will keep you all posted.

• 1 month later...

Hello All

I have been away for some time and catching up on thread I am horrified things are still going MX's way. I don't know if there is anything I can help with other than to offer support but if I can I would be very happy to join in.

Meerkat One

• 2 weeks later...

Are you still being affected by the appointment of LPA Receivers? We are still fighting and need your support. George Eustice is continuing his endeavours on our behalf but we need support. The actions of the banks in appointing LPA receivers and the way the receivers suck us dry, needs to be brought out into the open and this can only happen if we present a united front. The press and media in general will not give us the time of day unless we show that this is a travesty of justice and that it goes against eveything that is fair and resonable.

PLEASE RESPOND AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT SO WE CAN BRING THIS MISERY TO AN END!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks