Mortgage Express appoint LPA Recievers Walker Singleton to scare tenants off!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know if i can charge Templetons for the damages and the consequent work that needed to be done? And is there any way i can set up a standing order between the tenant and MEX without alarming the tenant?

i would be looking at WHO APPOINTED TEMPLETONS and due to their incompetence you have had to take control of a situation which could have caused you irrepairable damage,i would firstly be invoicing temps and failure to make good restorations then begin court action,you need to turn the tables on this situation as for making payment direct to mex,I would set up a new account for all rentals that should be able to cover the payments neccessary for Mex if you can start a new company account limited of course then appoint the new company to manage the payments to mex and inform mex this newly appointed company shall make al future payments to meet these properties under its control,possibly with a new director see what transpires from this and see what influence Mex try to have upon the new company ,keeping your own name clear of the new co,perhaps Mex have already given Temps instructions to frustrate the mortgages in their charge with the onus of causing deliberate mayhem....chilli sorry ive only been on breifly and not had any time partly health probs...ole ticker aint what it was .....

will go through this thread again see where its upto...

gbgm i would seriously start an action against Temps when they fail to pay for the damage that was under their control...perhaps then you may be able to get to the bottom of why they were so inept in all this....

will get back on this thread in the next few days when ive gone though it all..

i seem to remember that the goverment MR DARLING is the one who is demanding the monies back from all the gaurentees they promised reason being is they seem to have lumped the losses into both NR and B& B ,and with the promise to shareholders that they will sell of both companies to possibly Virgin ,i would be looking at getting as many people together and then contemplate a high court action against both MR DARLING AND THE DIRECTORS OF BOTH B AND B AND N R to stop their proposed sale unless you get gaurentees that they will allow your lettings to operate without fear of being harrassed and sold without your agreements..or something along those lines....enlist the help of your CONSERVATIVE AND LIBERAL MPs especially VINCE CABLE who is apparently very clued up on the comings and goings of financial matters...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Patrick,

Good to hear from you... Hope the ole ticker is getting plenty of cardio to get stronger.

GBGM, sounds like a brilliant idea again for Patrick with regards to managing, however others have managed themselves and the just continue with the payments to MX. This way they cannot claim you are obstrucing if they are getting their mortgage payments.

So many options have been discussed on this thread that it can make somebody go seriously far.

I would love to do the class action, but there does not seemt o be enough who is switched on and want to be involved, it is all individualism at the moment which is fair enough, but if they only realise the power of the fight if we all joined together.

Hi Pigland,

They have obstructed me by only sending me the mortgage offer, statements and thats it, maybe some soliciotrs papers. Missing so much info though, and they claim to not have to send anything else under the Durant case.

And a very important paper not being attached. :)

HOMEOWNERS FOR JUSTICE AGAINST MORTGAGE RACKETEERING

i am not sure i have added this site before but it is worth checking the FSA RULES and some small print that they have within there rules

oops wrong thread lol

http://fsahandbook.info/FSA/html/handbook/MCOB/13/7#D101

Edited by patrickq1

Hi Patrick,

Interesting link about the FSA stuff, I did not actually get any demand or any warning that they will instruct LPA if the arrears were not cleared by a certain date etc, however I think there was some comment that if it is not resolved then no option to look at repossession proceedings. But LPA is not actually a repossession.

Now according to the FSA link above, it says that they have to give a (1) details of the consequences if the payment shortfall is not cleared;

Whereas according to the CML guidelines says a notice has to be served that unless you do such and such by a date then the next action will take place. I did not get any clear details such as this.

On another note is anybody taking MX to court for the SAR? Be interesting to see how anybody is getting on with them.

Thanks all.

these companies are obviously not acting in good faith,so an initial complaint is neccesary to the fsa outlining everything thats going on...i think you need to force this complaint into action just go to small claims court and ask for a judge to give clear instructions to the said companies about handing over the data you requqire i beleive they wont want this issue forced upon them and will have to give you what you require if they dont then they are in contempt of court and can end up in prison its a serious issue contempt.

yes enjoy it ,be a laf seeing the bigwigs fall down on this and with a threat of prison well would you comply to this lol i would nt like to be in their shoes the court costs are negligible comparing the costs to you and possible losses you could be forced into so start a small court action against the main company not templetons they are just there to frustrate but you may require them to be held in contempt if they refuse to stand up and be your witness ,this way you might find they were under instructions to frustrate the contracts ?

• 2 weeks later...

After reading all your comments and post i have realised i'm not the only one in this extremely messy situation regarding mortgage express and walker singleton. Due to Ws i now have 2 properties sitting empty with over 24 months rent oweing between them since walker singleton took over them. At first i was informed that they were going to be relet by a company used by walker singleton who i look up on the internet and could find no trace of said company.

I then phoned mortgage express and was told that walker singleton were now going to sell the properties if i could not find the arrears oweing, i then informed them that i would pay what i owed before they put walker singleton in charge. I was told that i had to pay all the arrears in full and any charges for miss mortgage payments which at the start of my arrears it was roughly £8000 and it is now close to £42,000 and has eaten the equities in my properties which i feel was there plan. Each time i have phoned to try and sort the matter out i have passed from person to person and can not find any solution i have also sent several letters by registered post and have not recieved a response and when i enquired about the letters they said they had not recieved them. I have been told by several solicitors that i have a case of negligence but i am unable to finance it so i really don't know which way to turn. This has been going on for 2 years and after numerous times to try and come to an arrangement even asking for a meeting and it has all been declined all they want is the money which WS have allowed to quadruple.

If anyone could could give me any kind of advice i would be extremely grateful because i need to get control of my properties back as it is my only income and i feel i could lose my business and my home.

Hi

First of all have you sent a DPA Subject Access Request to both Mortgage Express and Walker Singleton. If you haven't can I suggest you so this as a matter of urgency.

You say you have sent several letters to Mortgage Express by recorded delivery yet Mortgage Express claim they haven't received them. Have you retained the postal receipts?

Thank you for responding so quickly i have just sent a subject access request care of richard pym as i have read through the previous pages of this thread i'm in the process of sending one to Steve Malloy at walker singleton but can not find his email address so i may have to send a letter instead by recorded delivery and regarding the postal recipt i may only have couple. If i was to recieve the subject access request where would i go from there?

You need to address the one to Walker Singleton to -

The Data Controller, followed by Walker Singleton and their address. Dont forget to enclose the statutory fee of £10

They have 40 days in which to comply, and once you receive the info from both parties it should give you more of an insight into what has been going on behind your back.

In the meantime you could chase up a reply to your previous letters, or you could lodge formal complaints with them.

Hi marley 1

You have come to the right place & will receive lots of help from people on this site, as you've probably already realised there are a lot of us at various stages in this battle.

I agree with Diddled, try to do a S.A.R on both WS & MEx, send them the letters needed (you'll find templates on this site), a cheque each for £10 (write on the back that this is ONLY to be used for your SAR & NOT to be applied to your accounts) and send them recorded delivery (staple receipts from post office to the copies of the letters you keep for your records)

You may or may not get acknowledgement letters back & possibly some excuses as to why they do not have to comply, come back to this site if this happens & someone will help.

They have 40 days to send all your data, they probably won't comply fully.

After 30 days have passed send another letter reminding them that they only have 10 days left to comply, they probably still won't comply fully.

Maybe on the 40th day, you will receive some data, I will be amazed if they send you everything,copies of e mails, contact between ws & MEx, copies of phone logs etc.

I do not know anyone who has received all of their data from either MEx nor any receiver.....I wonder what it is that they don't want us to see!

All of this is to to start building a case showing their incompetence.

In the meantime try to go through all your paperwork & statements with 'a fine tooth comb' and check there are no errors regarding costs applied to your accounts, dates tally up with receivers being appointed etc.

You may well realise that mistakes have been made by both MEx & WS.

Hopefully this evidence will show a much larger picture of just how incompetant WS have been in managing your properties & this in turn will give you the leverage you need to get your properties back.

Incidentely, when were WS appointed as receivers?

Late 2008-early 2009?

Best wishes

Mungos mum

I'd like to take Mortgage Express to court for not complying with my Subject access request. Does anyone know how to do it?

I am aware of the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) but to be quite honest I've had enough of 'The Banks system' and no longer wish to deal with toothless tigers.

Any ideas?

Pigs do Fly!

Pigland - a word of caution, think very carefully before you start DPA court action, or you could end up with a large costs order against you. I would wait until ICO gets back to you before taking any further DPA action.

I am sorry to hear Marley1.

First of all make sure the SAR goes to them.

Decide what you want to do ie do you want your proeprties back or do you want compensation or do you want both?

Email address for steve dot molloy @ walker singleton.co.uk

Dont trust WS with anything as they will lie and lie. I would take over your proproperties yourself, get them rented ASAP and then collect the rents and make a choice whether to pass onto to MX or WS. It all depends what goal you want to achieve though.

I never phone them as it is a waste of time and it causes more anger. Keep everything on paper with them.

Pigland, ICO appears to take ages. We could be retired by the time they respond. Although we have to take Diddleds note on the large costs and assess whether it is worth the risk.

Hi Marley 1

In your Subject Access Requests make sure you request copies of all invoices paid by Mortgage Express. Have you had any contact with Nutrade, DMS and a company called Drydens masquerading as lawyers?

I'm with Pigland on taking further action! I think there are enough of us now. An article on the BBC news web page today highlights the complaints system (or should I say non system?) the Banks use to address customer concerns. One of the areas that concerned the FSA was the Banks' tactics used to fob off customers using various delaying tactics - as we all know MEX are masters of this art!

Regards

Meerkat One

hello everyone and a big thank you for all your advice i took the mortgages out with GMAC originaly about 2006 il have to dig out the paperwork i fell into arrears on the 1st of jan 2008 a date i wont forget in a hurry thats when my fixed rate finished which now thinking about it is a strange date anyway i got the letter about between xmas and new year it went from about 450 a month to between 800 to 900 the rents on the properties is 750 so i knew there wasnt enough in the account cause i had coverd the mortgage on a bad tenant for 6 months which had eaten any spare cash i had . I phoned ME after the new year to come to some arrangement with them but they were having none of it and wanted the full amounts They then got WS involved who told my tenants that they were to have no more to do with me and they were taking over by the time that happen the mortgage rate took a big drop so all tho i had no money i thought at least my mortgages were bein paid with a bit extra to come of the arrears and for fees but each time i got a statement instead of decreasing they were increasing whe i phoned ME they said that they werent recieving all the rents i told them that neither was i and has they put WS in charge they should sort it out they said they would and get back to me . Only last week i was told i was getting charged £30 for each missed mortgage payment even tho they and WS have took control i couldnt beleive it . What i would like to know is seeing im bein charged would i be breaking the law if i changed the locks on my empty properties and relet them only they have been sitting empty for 2 months losing me more money and are at risk of vandalism plus they wont be able to sell them with tenants in i know its naughty but they havnt exactly played by the rules im wondering whats the worse they can iv been to hell and back in the last two years but im determined im not giving in x

Hi marley 1

What MEx & THEIR receivers have done is exactly the same as what has happened to the rest of us....it's a total mess.

I agree with both Pigland & Meerkat One, there are enough of us now to take further action.

With regard to letting your own properties the people who can give you the best advice (I think) is Meerkat & Chillinlong, I'm sure that they will come along soon with some helpful pointers.

Keep your 'chin up' & let us know how you get on

Best wishes

Mungos mum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks