• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

DPA Disclosure Fee

niraig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have been looking at and digesting this site over the past couple of days. This is to help my son reclaim his charges and he is about to send off his DPA letter. Can anyone let me know if the Bank of Scotlands fee is £10 as stated in the letter or is a different amount.

Thanks

£10 is standard fee to request any information a company holds about you (apart from credit scoring etc)

You can also request CCTV footage. They have to blur out other peoples faces but you would need to tell them the dates/times you were there (pointless but would be quite funny to do :lol: )

(Yes I work for a bank but am here to help! Please be nice to me! :))

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with their accounts after requesting banks statements. I encouraged my son to ask for his banks statements from the Bank of Scotland, and he did this last Friday by phone to the number listed in a previous thread. There did not seem to be a problem and he was told that from one account they would arrive in about four days, the other (the one with 6 years) would take about two weeks. But, not sure if this is coincidence his pay has not reached his account today. He has been given all sorts of reasons and was finally told by his work that after speaking to his bank they were told his pay was in a holding account and wouldn't go into his account until tomorrow. Therefore I went into a local branch earlier and deposited £200 cash straight into his account. Whilst in the bank I told them why I was putting the money in, the teller looked at his account and could not see anything wrong with it although she did see a code on his account that she and a colleague had never seen before. I told her that he had asked for his past 6 years statements and was going to pursue getting his charges back. The teller said Oh I know a lot of people are doing this and a new department has been set up to deal with claims. Anyway sorry this is so long winded, do you think the Bank could be playing silly beggars or is it pure coincidence.

Just heard from my son, he tried to get cash from an ATM and although I have put cash in he can still not get access to it. He has now got to go into a branch at lunchtime and see if he can get it all sorted.

I'll let you know what happens. Looks like it might be time for him to open a new account with someone else.

Conspiracy theory. I like it, although it i not good for your son.

They are in breach of their contract again by not allowing access to money - well after 5pm when the banks close?

I would like to find out somemore information about this "new deprtment"

One tip: have a parachute account ready!

If you find this post useful, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the top right corner. Thanks ;)

Just a wee update on sons visit to the bank at lunch time. He was told that his account was closed on Friday, the day he phoned for his statements. I was with him at the time he called and at no time did he say that he wished to close his account. Is right that they can just close an account willy nilly, when if on checking the knew his wages went in weekly to the account. They never sent any confirmation of the closure. Son is not happy, but he is opening a new account with a different bank tomorrow. Of course not sure which is a good bank to join. Any suggestions?

Have you heard anything more about this?

If you find this post useful, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the top right corner. Thanks ;)

My son has now got things sorted with the bank. They told him it was just a misunderstanding. On the other matter of asking for his bank statements the bank are trying to stall a bit with one of his accounts. He received a letter from them asking him to post of the £5 for his statements for the account that has been running for 6 years and with a lot of charges on it (not sure yet how much). He received his statements for the account he opened in September. On looking at a ATM printout from last week he noticed that 2 x £5 has been taken from his account. He phoned them this morning and he felt the chap at the bank was a little hostile. But, eventually after the chap left him hanging on for approx 10 mins he came back and said he would get the statements out to him today. My son said he only needed them for the older account and the chap said well I've ordered them for both accounts but we won't charge you for them.

Looking forward to getting to the next stage, soon I hope. I hope they don't use anymore stalling tactics.

MODERATED threads joined .please keep to your original thread when updating this is for your benefit and the benefit of everyone who is following your claim

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks