If at first you don't succeed.... change the subject!

allgold30
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well that's what they've done!! I sent them the nice long dispute letter (you know, the one to tell them I consider my account to be in dispute). I have received no response to the CCA and inadequate response to the SAR. No agreement, no debt, right? And for the record I wrote to Ruthbridge telling them why I was not paying.

So I receive a response today. It says that they have looked at my complaint (did I make a complaint??????) and they can see from my records that the debt was sold to Ruthbridge and I should contact them to arrange payment. I have so many weeks to respond or take it to the Financial Ombudsman, otherwise they will consider my case closed.

Well if that isn't completely ignoring the issue I don't know what is. Also, their letter states they have not received payment since July 2003. Does that not make the debt statute barred? So what now? Do I go after the financial ombudsman like they suggest or do you suggest other tactics?

I would write back thanking them for confirming the last payment date was July 03 and, with that hit them with, NEH NEH NE NEHH NEH :D SB. Do not find your pot of gold at the end of this particular rainbow

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Ruthbridge have a history of buying Statute Barred Debt and then using heavy handed tactics to try and collect. Write back to them telling them that they have not addressed the issues raised in your original letter , however, you may find that they don't have a standard letter to answer the points you raise. Putting pen to paper appears to be beyond their very limited ability.

I'd also add in to the letter that since you have now advised them that the debt is SB'd, there is no point in further dialogue and all correspondance will be ignored. And should there be court proceedings instigated, you willl vigorously defend, and will seek costs, plus damages for harrassment.

Any court will accept that this is all you need to do; you have appraised them of the situation, and need do no more.