Is there any email agents on the net that will let you email large files.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well...............is there:confused::D

I'm trying to email a large file to a friend and I have already compressed

it to a zip folder, but it is still waaaaaaaaay too big for my 25MB allowance

with my email provider, to send as an attachment.

Thanks in advance for good answers.

And thanks in advance for trying, even if it can't be done.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

MailBigFile is a fast and simple way to send moderately large files (up to 512 MB) to a single email recipient. A pro version allows for larger files and more downloads as well as secure connections, but you still cannot password-protect your files. There is also PANDO version 2.3. Might be worth a look.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

The file is 262MB and when compressed to a Winrar Zipfile it is still 256MB.

WHASSUP WID DAAAT????:confused:

I need to get it below 200MB.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

The Pando file system handles up to 1gb. The pro version up to 50gb. Who are you using at the moment?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

u can use winrar to zip it up and chop it into smaller chunks. also bear in mind that even if u manage to send a big file ur recipient may not be able to receive it unless they r using similar 'BIG FILE. email softwarE

or install skype on both ends and you can transfer what you like almost any kind of files inc exe's and it will resume if the connection drops , I use it all the time for transfers, have sent a 2 gig file before no problem

be better to rar it up in smaller file sizes first

and of course skype its self is very usefull for telephony etc, being free

eg,

have a few incoming telephone lines here so via a telephone system, all the incoming go to an extension that has a Zoom skype 5900 telephone adaptor, linked to a old PC with a skype account , the Zoom software on the pc wil let you preset rings before answer, and with a "THREE MOBLIE which has skype for free" i can have incoming normal telephone calls when I am out for free, most of my mates etc have got THREE Mobiles now they do a good 1 the S2 cheap on their PAYG etc

soz about the waffle , but well worth looking into

First - Forget Winrar. Download, install and start using 7-Zip. It is easily the fastest, most powerful and lightweight compression program currently available. Not only that, it's free, and will quite happily handle almost any format as well as its native .7z (I've thrown .rar, .zip, .cab, .lzh and even .iso at it, all of which it unpacks without issue). It can also zip into a standard .zip format if you prefer, but for real power go for Ultra compression into .7z format.

Second - Don't be surprised if even the mighty 7Zip doesn't compress your file(s) very much. Compression rates are based on a very large number of variables, most of them outside the control of the zipping program. As a general rule, plaintext or tabular data zips best (in my professional capacity I've used 7Zip to compress a 104gb SQL database to 39gb), whilst audio data zips the worst. If you're compressing images and/or audio, you're unlikely to save very much space regardless of the zipping program.

Third - Instead of emailing as an attachment, consider filehosting instead. There are a numebr of free options, but I can recommend RapidShare.

Essentially, trying to email big attachments slows everything down for everyone. It slows your PC down as it tries to attach it, your ISPs server as they try to deal with it, every server along the mail delivery route, the recipient's ISP and, finally, the recipient's machine. Be nice; use hosting.

Fourth - If you really must use attachments, an alternative to is to use file separation techniques. the quickest method is to zip everything up so you get a single file, then use a separation program like the freeware ChainSaw to chop the zip into managable chunks. Then just send successive emails with a chunk attached to each. The recipient then runs the restore program at their end and puts the chunks back together.

Edited by Tezcatlipoca