SENDING DOCUMENTS TO LTSB'S solicitors -SCM

citizenB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have noticed on some LTSB threads that the solicitors are claiming that documents sent to them using signed for Royal Delivery Mail services are not being received at the time the RM Website says they are.

Royal Mail assure me that Special Delivery service is being delivered by Managers during the Postal dispute and are as they claim.. Guaranteed..

Checking the site today to ensure a letter sent out on the 22nd October 2009 for guaranteed delivery the following day, 23rd October 2009... had been received and signed for.

However, there was a message saying:

"Your item with reference numbr 123456 etc was delivered before 10.19 on 26/10/2009 (It should have been delivered on the 23rd - Guaranteed)

As this item was redirected, it will have taken longer than usual Please ensure the correct address is used for future mailings"

Knowing that I had used the address on SCM's letter heading for the envelope, I contacted Royal Mail to ask why it was necessary for documents to be redirected.

The address I used was:

SCM

Solicitors

Department SO

PO Box 499

Second Floor

Three City Park

The Droveway, Hove

East Sussex

BN3 7AU

Royal Mail advise there IS a redirect on this address and mail is being redirected to LTSB in Brighton.

Please be aware of this when **** deny receiving letters /documents. If they are unable to provide a proper postal address then it is not our fault they dont receive letters on time.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Lets hope so:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The address I used was:

SCM

Solicitors

Department SO

PO Box 499

Second Floor

Three City Park

The Droveway, Hove

East Sussex

BN3 7AU

Royal Mail advise there IS a redirect on this address and mail is being redirected to LTSB in Brighton. ...........

found this 'branch' address for **** showing on the law soc website as: dept so, box499, brighton, E sussex, bn1 3xj - this postcode is the same one as for ltsb, queens road quadrant, brighton!

• 3 years later...

SCM Solicitors of Hove, East Sussex : Two months after Lloyds TSB agreed with my Debt management company to accept an offer and confirmed it in writing they masqueraded as SCM Solicitors sending me a final notice that their clients Lloyds TSB will be taking me to the county court and issuing proceedings for the full amount unless I pay them the full amount within 14 days. It was signed by a solicitor Mr. Aamir Khan.

This company of solicitors do not exist, it is LLoyds TSB trying yet another stunt and scare tactic on the unsuspecting public. Is this Financial Ombudsman aware of this disgusting and unethical behaviour of this terrible bank that say “They are for the journey” perhaps to hell maybe. But certainly not if you want peace of mind and anyone you can trust. The trust has gone out of the window.

What happened to the trustees saving bank? Honesty? I don't think so.

OK, let's get this straight for the whole world. Lloyds TSB bank send out letters under the name SCM Solicitors claiming that they are acting on behalf of their clients who are Lloyd TSB bank.

After Lloyds TSB have agreed to accept an offer of payment these letters are sent out to scare the hell out of you so that you will panic, borrow the money, get into unnecessary debt just to pay this fat cat bank off who are not telling you the truth.

When you write to them all letters are redirected automatically to Lloyds TSB in Hove as they are a department and a part of Lloyds TSB banking organisation.

This has been confirmed by Debt Advisory Line who deal with them on a constance basis on behalf of their clients/ Victims of Lloyds TSB.

It is my understanding that SCM are the "in house" litigation team for LTSB.

You can indeed take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman if LTSB are instructing their solicitors to take actions that are contrary to regulations and guidelines or where the actions are misleading.

BCOBS

yes, in house, mr khan is currently on the law soc site as a solicitor employee of loyds. no doubt loyds as part of their debt recovery management send out the auto scm template letter, usually the 'formal demand'. if loyds themselves do litigate, they are likely to use their sols ie their 'scm'.

• 2 months later...

This thread is now in "General Legal Issues"

It is purely an administrative move.

BCOBS