style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was discharged from bankruptcy on 01/09/09.

As part of the settlement with the Trustee, I 'purchased' the trustees interest in four properties that I previously owned. One of these was my home which was jointly owned and mortgaged with my wife, the other three owned and mortgaged outright by me.

All four mortgages have continued to be paid, in full and on time throughout.

I also have a high street bank account with a debit card, never been overdrawn, always in credit.

Having obtained my credit file, I have noticed that the 'score' is steadily improving.

A few issues,

1. There are a number of defaults/updates being registered post BR. I am aware that these debts should have been dealt with at BR time. Is there a template letter out there that I can send to the lenders to correct my file?

2. Some of the debts are unenforceable, the OR/Trustee wasn't bothered about this but I want to have these removed from my file if possible and intend to follow normal procedure.

3. Does anybody have an idea roughly how long it may take to be able to avoid sub prime lenders? Its not that I want or need any mor credit at present but in the next couple of years re-mortgaging may be an option as may car finance.

Any positive advise would be appreciated.

Guest Old_andrew2018

Sorry cant answer your question, so I am BUMPING your thread in the hope that someone with expertise will see it.

Andy

Hi all,

I was discharged from bankruptcy on 01/09/09.

As part of the settlement with the Trustee, I 'purchased' the trustees interest in four properties that I previously owned. One of these was my home which was jointly owned and mortgaged with my wife, the other three owned and mortgaged outright by me.

All four mortgages have continued to be paid, in full and on time throughout.

I also have a high street bank account with a debit card, never been overdrawn, always in credit.

Having obtained my credit file, I have noticed that the 'score' is steadily improving.

A few issues,

1. There are a number of defaults/updates being registered post BR. I am aware that these debts should have been dealt with at BR time. Is there a template letter out there that I can send to the lenders to correct my file? There is no template letters for this as Bankruptcy is not a case of one size fits all, however any claims from creditors should be directed to the OR - effectively that't what they are paid to deal with

2. Some of the debts are unenforceable, the OR/Trustee wasn't bothered about this but I want to have these removed from my file if possible and intend to follow normal procedure. Since you now have a bankruptcy against your record, the six years has been restarted since then, except in the case of defaults posted after your BR I would leave well enough alone

3. Does anybody have an idea roughly how long it may take to be able to avoid sub prime lenders? Its not that I want or need any mor credit at present but in the next couple of years re-mortgaging may be an option as may car finance. The simple answer is six years from date of discharge, although this may change given the latest news re EU (They would like a max of 3 years) You may obtain credit before thei point in time, but I wouldn't expect the best deals

Any positive advise would be appreciated.

Don't mean to seem to negative, but the positives are that they now have to leave you alone, the rest is as stated