Calculating and claiming costs after struck out claim?

StickySituation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys and gals :), I'm looking for a little advice on claiming costs.

To cut a long story short the DCA (Robinson Way) got a CCJ against me by filing all the paperwork at my old address despite having already sent correspondence to my new address.

I had a hearing to set the claim aside (which they didn't show up to), and because there were issues with the credit agreement (I know they didn't have one!) another hearing was set up and the claimant was ordered to pay the £75 fee for it.......... which they never did so the whole thing was struck out.

Not only did they fail to pay the hearing fee they also totally ignored a CCA request (and didn't send my £1 back!) and I sent a CPR request which was surprise, surprise ignored again!

So now I'm looking to make a claim for costs because not only am I out of pocket for all the bloomin recorded deliveries, stationery etc but the research took up a good chunk of time in the first year of my degree :evil:

Any help re: what I can claim would be greatly appreciated

Did you ask for costs at the hearing when RW didn't turn up, or indeed have the Court awarded you costs ?

There is no mechanism for requesting for costs retrospectively, they must be requested for on the day.

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Did you ask for costs at the hearing when RW didn't turn up, or indeed have the Court awarded you costs ?

There is no mechanism for requesting for costs retrospectively, they must be requested for on the day.

I did request in my draft order that RW pay the cost of the hearing for the set aside.

I have spoken to the court manager who told me to send details of my costs with a covering letter which would then be put to the judge.

Surely I couldn't have asked for costs at the set aside hearing because there were more hearings to follow, so how could I have known what my costs would ultimately be :?

looks like you you've got a good Court manager.

What you need to do is make a list of everything you've done - court fees, time spent researching, stationary, postage, car parking fees, photocopying etc and it set out clearly.

Attach a letter indicating the claim noumber etc and send into the court

Litigant in Persons fees are £9.25 an hour.

Plenty of info on costs in the links below.

Have a look at the pdf's that Surfaceagentx20 has attached at the bottom of the post on a letter for wasted costs -

Surfaceagentx20 wasted costs

also

Liabilty for Costs CPR 38.6

Sharpman v Nationwide credit card services ***WON WITH WASTED COSTS***

Welcome/Cohens - case withdrawn ***WOO-HOO ***

have a look at this post by IGNM on costs as well -

IGNM post on costs

• Haha 1

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.