MBNA CCA only 1 of 2 received

lochlisa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Experto 'bought' debt from MBNA. However, it was a clear case of unlawful rescission as debt sold half way into a DN period.

Experto advised of unlawful recission as were MBNA and things quietened down.

Now Experto after what they are calling the arrears which is the whole debt but they also state in their threatogram that my agreement with MBNA is terminated (tell me something I dont know).

At the same time Fairfax are sending letters chasing the same debt and threatening court action.

Now, this thing is unlawfully rescinded and all they can do is chase the arrears at the time of sale, not the balance.

What do I write to Experto and what do I write to Fairfax?

thank you, Lisa

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fairfax are a solicitor for hire.. they write intimidatory letters, which are then passed back to the creditor.

IMHO, I would just copy Fairfax and Experto the same in dispute letter.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Oh Hell not the Varde/Experto all over again.You will find MBNA sold the debt to Varde,but MBNA will tell you they sold it to Experto and give their address etc.

Experto will tell you they represent Varde.

You will not have had a letter from Varde confirming Letter of Assignment or that Experto represent them.

Confused so are hundreds of us.My letter stated never heard of Varde,never heard of Experto,MBNA unsure of who they sold the debt to,when you have sorted it out,I may communicate with you,if your response has an acceptable element of truth.(OR words to that effect.)

Regards FS

• 4 months later...

hi there, had an MBNA debt sold on to various DCA's who were told that the agreement had been unlawfully rescinded as it had been sold many days before the end of the default notice period.

Been passed around for over 2 years now and is Aktiv have now lettered me to advise they have purchased the outstanding balance from the last DCA.

Now, do I simply send them the unlawfully rescinded letter, please go away (like I did to the last lot and they eventually sold it on after 18 months) or do I sit back and do nothing until they start court proceedings?

thanks,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I would send the letter asap to

stop more pondlife showing up.

Exactly how old is the debt,

and when was the last payment

or acknowledgment in writting made?

Have you checked your credit files lately?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 1 month later...

ok, me again, sorry about duplicate thread starting.

Aktiv are not accepting the unlawful rescinding despite it being glaringly obvious on the dates that things happened.

This debt is only 3 yrs old and no payment has been made for 3 yrs. Then it was sold to Varde who purchased it during the Default Period and hence it became unlawfully rescinded. Varde were lettered to that affect and now 2 years later Aktiv are on the case as I assume Varde gave up and sold it on?

Me again, any suggestions?

I have already supplied the unlawfully rescinded letter but Aktiv insist on chasing. Is there anything else I can do now, apart from send the letter again?

thanks, Lisa

Aktiv are pretty useless at admin.

Up to you whether you send the letter again. Either ignore/don't bother or send in a complaint letter by recorded.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread