MBNA CCA only 1 of 2 received

lochlisa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 2 accounts with MBNA.

I requested CCA on both accounts but have only received one and they are now out of time for the other.

The signed agreement is from 2005 and it is only one sided photocopy which is off poor quality.

They have also included an 'up to date' terms and conditions print out.

What do I do now?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

look in the template library..............

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

MBNA have ignored CCA request and follow up and now I have MBNA and Global Vantedge both chasing payment despite MBNA not complying with CCA.

I have written the Account in Dispute letter to MBNA and this has gone ignored and now I am getting hassling phone calls and letters from Global Vantedge.

The address for Global is India. Do I really send the 'get lost' letter to India?

Any advice much appreciated.

many thanks,

Lisa

The letters that I have received from Global Vantedge don't give an address to post to. They have an address on the bottom of them, however it says do not send any correspondence there.

I sent my letter via MBNA and enclosed a copy of the letter for MBNA and copies of all my other letters sent to MBNA, requesting CCA, account now in default etc.

Hope this helps

Global Advantedge are based in Uydog Viyar, Gurgaon, India, this is also the address that is posted on their letters across the bottom. They are merely collection agents, requesting payments over the phone. Don't send anything to India, it will take an age to get there (if they ever get it) and they would only forward your letters onto MBNA themselves. Send all letters and payments etc to MBNA at the Chester address.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, sorry you were missed.

If you haven'tput the account into dispute yet, do so.

You can complain to the FOS but also include the OFT and trading standards.

you could always complain to MBNA and inform them of your actions.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...

got a weird letter from MBNA this morning stating that they are writing off one or more of my debts with them?

does this mean they cant find the CCA and are giving up or do they realise they have no chance of getting it from me?

thanks

Often they use the words 'write off' then go on to say that the account will be sold to a DCA - have they done this? Would be useful if you could scan in the letters, or type up the entire content so it can be put into context.

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

Content of letter :-

Dear Lisa,

Unless you call to make payment arrangements, at least one of your credit card accounts issued by us or those issued on behalf of our affinity partners will soon be written-off as a bad debt. This means that the full balance of the account will register as a Default with the credit reference agencies, and it will not release you from your obligation to repay the total debt of £ xxxx.xx as listed below.

Card 1 - xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx Balance xxxx.xx Payment due xxx.xx

Card 2 - xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx Balance xxxx.xx Payment due xxx.xx

In addition to a default being registered on your credit file, you should be aware of the consequences that could follow should we pursue further action. Depending upon your locality we may seek a County Court Judgment / Sheriff's Court Decree against you. This may lead to a Charging Order/Inhibition Order/Order Charging Land being placed on your property that could result in any available funds being distributed to MBNA (a Bank of America company) following the sale of your property. Alternatively, your employer could be ordered by the court to make deductions from your salary through an Attachment of Earnings / Earnings Arrestment.

Your failure to make timely payment arrangements forces us to consider all of our options. We are prepared to work with you and are here to help, but we need to hear from you. Please call xxxxx xxxxxx, Monday to Thursday 8am to 9pm, Friday 8am to 5pm and Saturday 8am to 12pm.

Yours sincerely,

Head of Customer Assistance

120 Day Pay Letter